PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe we rode a 17ing bus...

thunderclap
11-30-2014, 04:35 PM
for 2 1/2 hours the morning of the biggest game of our lives.

GTHOM
11-30-2014, 04:38 PM
youd better believe it. i cant believe the coaches shit the bed in such spectacular fashion in every phase of the game either but it happened. absolutely unacceptable

maroonmania
11-30-2014, 04:39 PM
Yep, bused to Tuscaloosa and Oxford the morning of those games and played like crap in both. Maybe we had bus lag.

SDDawg
11-30-2014, 04:39 PM
This hasn't been talked about a lot but I also don't understand it. Isn't it less of a distraction to be up there the night before, do a walk through in the morning, etc.? We did the same thing for Bama and it seems like we just came out so flat.

mstatefan91
11-30-2014, 04:40 PM
The bus ride took an hour and a half or less to Oxford and an hour to Ttown. Not the reason we came out flat

GTHOM
11-30-2014, 04:44 PM
The bus ride took an hour and a half or less to Oxford and an hour to Ttown. Not the reason we came out flat

its not the only reason but it has something to do with it

I seen it dawg

It damn sure doesn't help. Stay in ****ing tupelo. It's part of focusing.

Dawgface
Yup, for years we stayed the night before. I thought they did a walk through the afternoon before most years. Could be wrong. Mullen's thinking must be it is better to sleep in your own bed when possible. But a 2.5 hour ride cancels that out imo.

mstatefan91
11-30-2014, 04:46 PM

Have you never played sports? A short bus ride never kept someone from focusing on a game. That's a horrible excuse. The team got out played, and it wasn't because we rode on a bus for an hour or so the morning of the game.

msstate7
11-30-2014, 04:50 PM

Maybe, maybe not... Who knows why we were flat? The fact is we bussed from home on gameday twice and were flat both times. That's good enough for me to say never do it again. Oh and I hope the players enjoyed their home on thanksgiving bc it would be their last time while they wear maroon if I was coach

I seen it dawg
11-30-2014, 04:53 PM
Have you never played sports? A short bus ride never kept someone from focusing on a game. That's a horrible excuse. The team got out played, and it wasn't because we rode on a bus for an hour or so the morning of the game.

Yeah I did and coached it, did you (Besides ****ing soccer...)? Theres a ****ing reason teams stay in hotels for road games no matter the distance, and most home games too. It's called focus. It's the entire package not just the fact of getting on the bus and riding. The bus isn't the issue it's the fact we "bussed" morning of the game. It's stupid to do and controllable and we didn't handle it correctly. If you think this whole argument is just the bus ride itself you aren't in the area code.

mstatefan91
11-30-2014, 04:58 PM
Maybe, maybe not... Who knows why we were flat? The fact is we bussed from home on gameday twice and were flat both times. That's good enough for me to say never do it again. Oh and I hope the players enjoyed their home on thanksgiving bc it would be their last time while they wear maroon if I was coach
If it is part of the reason we came out flat, then that's on leadership. That's a bigger issue than riding a bus the morning of.

Yeah I did and coached it, did you (Besides ****ing soccer...)? Theres a ****ing reason teams stay in hotels for road games no matter the distance, and most home games too. It's called focus. It's the entire package not just the fact of getting on the bus and riding. The bus isn't the issue it's the fact we "bussed" morning of the game. It's stupid to do and controllable and we didn't handle it correctly. If you think this whole argument is just the bus ride itself you aren't in the area code.
Yes I did. You have anger issues. Do you always feel the need to cuss at people who disagree with you?

Many teams travel short distances the day of whatever game they are playing or are you saying they don't? Uncommon for college football? Sure. Uncommon for sports in general? No

TrapGame
11-30-2014, 05:02 PM
I know when I ride on a bus I get damn sleepy. The ride can make you lose some focus.

... And there's the whole going home for thanksgiving thing. Huge game ahead, have it together as a football family.

mstatefan91
11-30-2014, 05:05 PM
I know when I ride on a bus I get damn sleepy. The ride can make you lose some focus.

... And there's the whole going home for thanksgiving thing. Huge game ahead, have it together as a football family.

The second part seems like a bigger issue to me. They are allowed to go home for Thanksgiving. I saw multiple players tweet Thursday about getting to go home.

PendingTransaction
11-30-2014, 05:11 PM
Yea bus rides are horrible. That's why Starkville High lost to SP. They should have traveled by plane and landing on the field. This bus ride theory is the most absurd excuse I've seen.

GTHOM
11-30-2014, 05:13 PM
Yea bus rides are horrible. That's why Starkville High lost to SP. They should have traveled by plane and landing on the field. This bus ride theory is the most absurd excuse I've seen.

it will flatten you out in a heartbeat, it has nothing to do with the coaching staff coaching and preparing as bad as i have seen since theyve gotten here, but it was stupid to send them home on thursday and take a bus when you can stay there. mullen did not do it in 2012 or 2010.

Smitty
11-30-2014, 05:16 PM

USP came out very slow, ****ing up a ton the 1st half. They easily could have been down 20 at the half.

PendingTransaction
11-30-2014, 05:24 PM
USP came out very slow, ****ing up a ton the 1st half. They easily could have been down 20 at the half.

Probably because Pogue rode them around on a bus for a couple of hours***

maroonmania
11-30-2014, 05:26 PM
its not the only reason but it has something to do with it

Exactly, riding a bus is not the problem but getting directly off a 2 hour bus ride to play the game can certainly have an effect. Sounds very high schoolish.

GTHOM
11-30-2014, 05:28 PM
yep and we are paying mullen and the staff millions to do it :)

C222
11-30-2014, 05:29 PM

Seriously.... We have fans blaming it on a bus ride. Hahaha. What an embarrassment.

I seen it dawg
11-30-2014, 05:51 PM
Nobody is blaming the loss on a damn bus ride. We got our asses kicked. But every little thing matters in a game like this. Stupid to not go stay in tupelo the night before and ever dumber to let them go home for thanksgiving.

I seen it dawg
11-30-2014, 05:59 PM
Yes I did. You have anger issues. Do you always feel the need to cuss at people who disagree with you? (**** no)

Many teams travel short distances the day of whatever game they are playing or are you saying they don't? sureUncommon for college football? Sure my point. Uncommon for sports in general? No we aren't talking about sports in ****ing general

We are talking about football not sports in general. And I don't have anger issues. I have issues with others obtuseness and inability to understand or see both sides in an argument when it's valid. Being dismissive thinking people are simply blaming a loss on one thing (a bus ride) is your problem. It's asinine to think that anybody is blaming a bus ride for a loss. Totally ****ing stupid.

If my language is offensive to you ignore the words with the ****ing asterisks in them.

BurgDawg
11-30-2014, 06:00 PM
Auburn stays in Montgomery for every home game and in Birmingham when they play bama wish we would have stayed in olive branch on Friday night just to get our players outta Starkville and focused

oldwave
11-30-2014, 06:14 PM
Who knows if getting out of Starkville would have changed things. They stayed in team motel, same as home games. Guess it could be argued that the "routine" should have helped.

FootLongDawg
11-30-2014, 06:18 PM

From here to Oxford is 1 hr 47 min. From Tupelo to Oxford is about an hour.

State82
11-30-2014, 06:19 PM
Seriously.... We have fans blaming it on a bus ride. Hahaha. What an embarrassment.

You know, when I first saw the comments on the bus ride I kind of scoffed at it and waved it off. However, the more I think about it the more I see the point. Is it a major issue? No, but you have to take every advantage and consider every tiny detail at this level and the staff didn't. Same with the day off on Thurs. Bad idea.

Oh, C222. Make another post quickly. That's a bad post number you are sitting on. Don't know how I noticed that.

Maroonthirteen
11-30-2014, 06:35 PM
Did we stay in Grenada in Jackie's day? I know OM stayed in Columbus in te early 90s. We whipped them those years.

But I stayed in the same hotel as Nichols St early this season when they were playing UCA. This was a big nice hotel. The hotel had breakfast for them in a reserved area. They had multiple team meeting rooms. I can't think of a hotel anywhere in between campuses as nice and large as this hotel. I am pretty sure Florida stayed in Tuscaloosa back in the Spurrier days. Oh yeah, UCA destroys Nichols that day.

PendingTransaction
11-30-2014, 06:35 PM
Just checked..The Inn at Ole Miss has rooms available for November 25, 2016!!! It's on campus. The players could walk to the game. This could loosen them up...get them juices flowing.

I seen it dawg
11-30-2014, 06:37 PM
From here to Oxford is 1 hr 47 min. From Tupelo to Oxford is about an hour.

Yes!!!!

Churchill
11-30-2014, 06:39 PM
What have Bama and OM done when they came to Vegas in recent years.

mstatefan91
11-30-2014, 06:39 PM
We are talking about football not sports in general. And I don't have anger issues. I have issues with others obtuseness and inability to understand or see both sides in an argument when it's valid. lol says the guy who constantly tries to berate people who disagree with him Being dismissive thinking people are simply blaming a loss on one thing (a bus ride) is your problem. I never said that's the one thing people were blaming it on. I simply think it's a non-issue and silly to get all up in arms about considering bigger issues that were exposed during the game. It's asinine to think that anybody is blaming a bus ride for a loss. Totally ****ing stupid. Some people seem to be partially blaming the bus ride. I don't think anyone is blaming the bus ride alone

If my language is offensive to you ignore the words with the ****ing asterisks in them. Don't care about the cussing. Just think it's funny that you feel the need to use it to get your point across no matter what.

High school teams ride buses all the time. Junior college teams ride buses all the time. It wouldn't surprise me if some Pro teams in the Northeast take buses to nearby locations the day of if it's a night game.

scottycameron
11-30-2014, 06:44 PM
What have Bama and OM done when they came to Vegas in recent years.

that's what I'm wondering. Just do what they do. or other teams do. It shouldn't matter but may be it does.
Screw that tho, who the **** is driving the bus??? Knew skillet wrecked it once, now hearing he wrecked it a second time after they got it back home. Is that a joke or real?

I seen it dawg
11-30-2014, 06:56 PM
High school teams ride buses all the time. Junior college teams ride buses all the time. It wouldn't surprise me if some Pro teams in the Northeast take buses to nearby locations the day of if it's a night game.

I don't constantly berate people who disagree, I berate stupid posters who disagree. That's just a cheap submissive argument to try to end a debate. I'll move on.

Maroonthirteen
11-30-2014, 07:03 PM
Oh yeah, we stay in a very nice large hotel everytime we play in little rock. It is a 15 minute drive to the stadium. We got our asses handed to us everytime. Ark stayed at the same hotel I was in this fall.

scottycameron
11-30-2014, 07:39 PM
Oh yeah, we stay in a very nice large hotel everytime we play in little rock. It is a 15 minute drive to the stadium. We got our asses handed to us everytime. Ark stayed at the same hotel I was in this fall.

well, little rock is way too far to bus to that day, so I don't see how that matters. And we don't know what hotel you stayed in. At least I don't, maybe you brought it up before, don't know.

C222
11-30-2014, 07:44 PM
You know, when I first saw the comments on the bus ride I kind of scoffed at it and waved it off. However, the more I think about it the more I see the point. Is it a major issue? No, but you have to take every advantage and consider every tiny detail at this level and the staff didn't. Same with the day off on Thurs. Bad idea.

Oh, C222. Make another post quickly. That's a bad post number you are sitting on. Don't know how I noticed that.

Good catch!

IMissJack
11-30-2014, 07:55 PM
Yup, for years we stayed the night before. I thought they did a walk through the afternoon before most years. Could be wrong. Mullen's thinking must be it is better to sleep in your own bed when possible. But a 2.5 hour ride cancels that out imo.

Other than LSU, aTm, and Auburn, we played pretty uninspired in several games. Most of us wanted to think we could turn it back on and be dominating, but it just did not happen. Looking back, the Ark game was probably our next best game.

Smitty
11-30-2014, 08:29 PM
I don't know how you could play uninspired... I just don't. I mean does it just come from not a complete love for it? I've been truly invested since about the age of 7 and I would run through a brick wall to get out there if I could... But would I do the same for.. lets say.. Texas Tech? Hell no.

You've got to be 1000% bought in with a tenacity for it. Is that what was lacking yesterday?

Not saying all the players don't love the university and playing for it but growing up a Dawg I just couldn't give it the same complete mindset that playing for someone else would get... This goes for Dan too BTW.

I dunno... Still can't wrap my head around losing a shot at the playoff to them with that all around effort from the coaches on down.

mstatefan91
11-30-2014, 08:37 PM
I don't constantly berate people who disagree, I berate stupid posters who disagree. That's just a cheap submissive argument to try to end a debate. I'll move on.

You are really good at speaking out of both sides of your mouth aren't you? Please continue

(I don't berate people who disagree with me. I berate people who disagree with me whom I think to be dumb because they disagree with me.)

Really fascinating.

Also let it be noted that you are the one who incorrectly assumed that I thought posters were only blaming the loss on the bus ride. I never said any such thing or insinuated any such thing.

I just simply don't think it was an issue.

Alldawg
11-30-2014, 08:47 PM
So an extra 34 minutes on a bus is a problem. Seems like a stretch of an excuse to me. Got to bus from Tupelo anyway. That has nothing to do with the loss

mstatefan91
11-30-2014, 08:49 PM
So an extra 34 minutes on a bus is a problem. Seems like a stretch of an excuse to me. Got to bus from Tupelo anyway. That has nothing to do with the loss

Look I Seen it, we've got another stupid one**

bulldawg28
11-30-2014, 09:13 PM
Did we stay in Grenada in Jackie's day? I know OM stayed in Columbus in te early 90s. We whipped them those years.

But I stayed in the same hotel as Nichols St early this season when they were playing UCA. This was a big nice hotel. The hotel had breakfast for them in a reserved area. They had multiple team meeting rooms. I can't think of a hotel anywhere in between campuses as nice and large as this hotel. I am pretty sure Florida stayed in Tuscaloosa back in the Spurrier days. Oh yeah, UCA destroys Nichols that day.

Yes. We stayed in Grenada

Todd4State
11-30-2014, 09:28 PM
Just to be clear, I am not nearly half as pissed about the bus ride as I am about NOT PRACTICING on Thursday. I think that has a LOT more to do with it than the bus.

Like I said yesterday, let's say you are from Gulfport or New Orleans and you go home for Thanksgiving. That's a five hour drive from Starkville on either I assume Weds. night or Thursday morning. You eat Thanksgiving dinner and see your family, and then you have to drive back another five hours. And I'm pretty sure odds are we had players driving back into town on Friday- which probably means that Friday's practice, if we even had one, probably wasn't very productive.

So, no matter how you cut it, we gave away TWO days of practice. That would be like going to the Super Bowl and then the coach telling the team to knock around whatever Super Bowl city for a couple of days before the game.

And in the meantime, I'm pretty sure Ole Miss was practicing like it was the Super Bowl.

So, I think the reason we came out flat and unprepared was actually from the lack of practice and the travel over the holidays rather the travel to game.

Smitty
11-30-2014, 09:34 PM
Again... Blood pressure rising... It's simply not as important to Mullen as it is to us.

I seen it dawg
11-30-2014, 09:36 PM
You are really good at speaking out of both sides of your mouth aren't you? Please continue

(I don't berate people who disagree with me. I berate people who disagree with me whom I think to be dumb because they disagree with me.)

Really fascinating.

Also let it be noted that you are the one who incorrectly assumed that I thought posters were only blaming the loss on the bus ride. I never said any such thing or insinuated any such thing.

I just simply don't think it was an issue.

You came at me first. I can't help it you didn't like my response when you decided to get chippy first. And if you knew I had anger issues what exactly did you expect. Doesn't seem real smart. I told you I moved on. You should too.

TrapGame
11-30-2014, 09:37 PM
Just to be clear, I am not nearly half as pissed about the bus ride as I am about NOT PRACTICING on Thursday. I think that has a LOT more to do with it than the bus.

Like I said yesterday, let's say you are from Gulfport or New Orleans and you go home for Thanksgiving. That's a five hour drive from Starkville on either I assume Weds. night or Thursday morning. You eat Thanksgiving dinner and see your family, and then you have to drive back another five hours. And I'm pretty sure odds are we had players driving back into town on Friday- which probably means that Friday's practice, if we even had one, probably wasn't very productive.

So, no matter how you cut it, we gave away TWO days of practice. That would be like going to the Super Bowl and then the coach telling the team to knock around whatever Super Bowl city for a couple of days before the game.

And in the meantime, I'm pretty sure Ole Miss was practicing like it was the Super Bowl.

So, I think the reason we came out flat and unprepared was actually from the lack of practice and the travel over the holidays rather the travel to game.

They over ate and got a big head from family and friends. Then the long distance players drove back like stuffed zombies. So basically the two practices before the big game are just completely shot. Then the bus ride Saturday with half the team in a turkey haze and no ones really practiced in two days. Recipe for an ass whooping!

I seen it dawg
11-30-2014, 09:38 PM
Look I Seen it, we've got another stupid one**

Not stupid. Saying it had "nothing" to do with the loss I believe is wrong.

And I never called you stupid. From your continued diving in on the old horse I really didn't have to.

mstatefan91
11-30-2014, 09:41 PM
Not stupid. Saying it had "nothing" to do with the loss I believe is wrong.

And I never called you stupid. From your continued diving in on the old horse I really didn't have to.

Whatever man. You keep up with the talking out of both sides of your mouth. I'm done

I seen it dawg
11-30-2014, 09:42 PM

Totally agree. The letting the players go home was egregiously idiotic. To me it's as bad as the shit gameplan. We had one foot in the grave when we got on the dumbass bus ride Saturday am.

I seen it dawg
11-30-2014, 09:43 PM
Whatever man. You keep up with the talking out of both sides of your mouth. I'm done

Finally. Good job.

Todd4State
11-30-2014, 09:44 PM
Again... Blood pressure rising... It's simply not as important to Mullen as it is to us.

Honestly, I think he just overlooked Ole Miss and felt like we would walk in there and dominate for whatever reason. And well, we honestly should have won but shit- you still have to PRACTICE. Especially when you are playing your rival on the road. He probably thought the "emotion of the rivalry" would take care of itself- but again that doesn't mean you don't practice.

I think it's important to Dan, but I think he's just completely clueless about some things. See special teams and how and when to substitute players and now this. I actually think he is probably a good football coach, but he lacks common sense.

TrapGame
11-30-2014, 09:44 PM
Uh guys, I've been informed the team did practice on thanksgiving. Paul Jones said they practiced until 2pm Thursday afternoon. WTF?!

mstatefan91
11-30-2014, 09:45 PM
Finally. Good job.

At any rate, I do agree with you that allowing the team to travel for Thanksgiving was a bad decision and affected focus. It should have been a team Thanksgiving.

mstatefan91
11-30-2014, 09:46 PM
Uh guys, I've been informed the team did practice on thanksgiving. Paul Jones said they practiced until 2pm Thursday afternoon. WTF?!

Even if they practiced, I saw mult. tweets Thursday afternoon about players traveling home. Not something they should have been doing.

scottycameron
11-30-2014, 09:47 PM

LOL.

dawg27
11-30-2014, 09:48 PM
when they stay in tupelo it is a hour from there. starkville about one hour and 40 min not much difference we just got beat.

TrapGame
11-30-2014, 09:48 PM
Even if they practiced, I saw mult. tweets Thursday afternoon about players traveling home. Not something they should have been doing.

Completely agree! We were playing for shot at an NC for Christ's sake!!!

Todd4State
11-30-2014, 09:49 PM
Totally agree. The letting the players go home was egregiously idiotic. To me it's as bad as the shit gameplan. We had one foot in the grave when we got on the dumbass bus ride Saturday am.

Exactly. I mean, if we want to change up where we stay the night before the game that's fine. Try it and see how it goes. But I don't think the bus ride in and of itself had a lot to do with it.

Smitty
11-30-2014, 09:51 PM
Honestly, I think he just overlooked Ole Miss and felt like we would walk in there and dominate for whatever reason. And well, we honestly should have won but shit- you still have to PRACTICE. Especially when you are playing your rival on the road. He probably thought the "emotion of the rivalry" would take care of itself- but again that doesn't mean you don't practice.

I think it's important to Dan, but I think he's just completely clueless about some things. See special teams and how and when to substitute players and now this. I actually think he is probably a good football coach, but he lacks common sense.

His actions speak far louder than his words. It's something every year with him with the theme of not doing everything you can to win. You cannot leave anything on the table in this business. How many ****ing teachable moments does he ****ing need. The theme of this week should have been to bury those sons of bitches in the turf. We are one win away from a shot at a ****ing NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. why leave anything to chance. ****!!! It's the most maddening thing I can imagine.

The whole "just another game" routine some players mentioned highlights the problem. ITS NOT just another game.

The "we still would have been left out of the playoffs" quote from Dan.... I can't even come up with the words...

GTHOM
11-30-2014, 09:52 PM
The staff and team were not focused and never matched their intensity from the first snap. They should not have went home on thursday, they should not have taken a bus the day of the game. You take every single advantage you can get, and you avoid anything, even the smallest thing that can hurt you. Period. Mullen did not do that

GTHOM
11-30-2014, 09:53 PM
His actions speak far louder than his words. It's something every year with him with the theme of not doing everything you can to win. You cannot leave anything on the table in this business. How many ****ing teachable moments does he ****ing need. The theme of this week should have been to bury those sons of bitches in the turf. We are one win away from a shot at a ****ing NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. why leave anything to chance. ****!!! It's the most maddening thing I can imagine.

The whole "just another game" routine some players mentioned highlights the problem. ITS NOT just another game.

The "we still would have been left out of the playoffs" quote from Dan.... I can't even come up with the words...

Did he really say that??????????????????????

Todd4State
11-30-2014, 09:54 PM

OK, now that we know this info- back to my scenario. From Starkville to NOLA- about five hours, and I assume that player x leaves around 3 or so at the earliest, they would be getting home around 8 PM that evening. Then player x would have to turn right back around the next day to drive back to Starkville, and they would probably want to wait around a little while before going back.

Todd4State
11-30-2014, 09:56 PM

I totally agree.

Smitty
11-30-2014, 09:56 PM
Did he really say that??????????????????????

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mississippi-state-football/mullen-makes-interesting-comments/

Yes! Like I ****ing said... Completely maddening.

hells bells
11-30-2014, 10:07 PM
Yea Coach Mullen made the statement. I was really expecting the team to practice as they did apparently on Thanksgiving Day. Would any rules have been broken if the parents of the players been on campus for a late lunch. Just been cool to have as many parents as possible there.

GTHOM
11-30-2014, 10:09 PM
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mississippi-state-football/mullen-makes-interesting-comments/

Wow. Holy shit wow. If im scott stricklin and i see this i have his ass in my office THIS morning. Wow. This takes this to a whole nother level for me. No wonder. Good job coach

MabenMaroon
11-30-2014, 10:11 PM

You don't get it do you? That was said in the context of taking some of the luster away from the tsun fans, doesn't want them getting any more mileage out of our loss. Basically he was saying they won the in-state championship and the Battle for the Golden Egg, he doesn't want to give them more luster than that. Weak? maybe, but don't concede a damn thing in this rivalry, and that is fine with me.

dawg27
11-30-2014, 10:14 PM
Come on guys we won 10 games never happened before. Yes we got skull dragged last night,but come on.

dawg27
11-30-2014, 10:19 PM
Are we back to this dan is a dud hire hud? this is the best state has ever done besides last night come on 10 games

hells bells
11-30-2014, 10:27 PM
2009 I went to the EB expecting a drumming. The Mullen era started that day for me, especially after the LSU let down. Look how far CDM has brought this school. Stop the bitch'en and enjoy the damn ride. Far from over.

Todd4State
11-30-2014, 10:31 PM
Are we back to this dan is a dud hire hud? this is the best state has ever done besides last night come on 10 games

I don't want Dan fired. I want him to find some common sense.

GTHOM
12-01-2014, 12:43 AM
I don't want Dan fired. I want him to find some common sense.

Hell yeah

Dawg61
12-01-2014, 01:10 AM
Wow. Holy shit wow. If im scott stricklin and i see this i have his ass in my office THIS morning. Wow. This takes this to a whole nother level for me. No wonder. Good job coach

So it's ok for everyone else but Dan to have a copying mechanism after a brutally stressful grieving loss? Come on man. Judge the guy on his comments BEFORE the game not right after. After the game he is grieving. He lost. When he was so very close. To make the loss less painful you say things like "we couldn't make the playoff anyways". The fear of failure.

GTHOM
12-01-2014, 01:17 AM
So it's ok for everyone else but Dan to have a copying mechanism after a brutally stressful grieving loss? Come on man. Judge the guy on his comments BEFORE the game not right after. After the game he is grieving. He lost. When he was so very close. To make the loss less painful you say things like "we couldn't make the playoff anyways". The fear of failure.

It also shows a defeated attitude and i know you just dont all of a sudden feel that way after the game. Im a Mullen guy, have said it already in this thread. But this made me furious. Coping mechanisms be damned you cannot say that after flopping in epic fashion. If he had this attitude pre game how can anyone blame the players for being uninspired? Im not saying he did have it either. Just made me wonder. You cannot be afraid to fail, you can hate to lose. I do. with everything in me and i know he does but if you are afraid to fail you will play it safe and we did that vs LSU, and we did it yesterday. Hes been conservative in big games, even against Bama he was. Always has been. It bit us in the ass. He will get better from it

Dawg61
12-01-2014, 01:31 AM
It also shows a defeated attitude and i know you just dont all of a sudden feel that way after the game. Im a Mullen guy, have said it already in this thread. But this made me furious. Coping mechanisms be damned you cannot say that after flopping in epic fashion. If he had this attitude pre game how can anyone blame the players for being uninspired? Im not saying he did have it either. Just made me wonder. You cannot be afraid to fail, you can hate to lose. I do. with everything in me and i know he does but if you are afraid to fail you will play it safe and we did that vs LSU, and we did it yesterday. Hes been conservative in big games, even against Bama he was. Always has been. It bit us in the ass. He will get better from it

Only way it gets better is if Mullen hands over the reigns of OC and game manager and we all know that will never happen. Take the bad with the good. This is the bad.