PDA

View Full Version : Take a Step Back

It_Could_Happen
11-30-2014, 02:56 PM
Guys I've talked to many people who are just casual viewers of the board since the game was over Saturday who said they would not be coming back because of the over reaction yesterday. I'm as upset about the loss as anyone, but damn. We went 10-2 this year and accomplished a lot of things this school has ever seen. One of the best years of my life has been following this team all season. Quit attacking the coaches, players, etc. and enjoy what we've accomplished.

Hail State.

Political Hack
11-30-2014, 02:58 PM
message boards aren't for everyone...

I seen it dawg
11-30-2014, 02:59 PM
Yeah they will. It's over reaction just with any loss where we inexplicably get our ass kicked. It's normal. And over with.

GreenheadDawg
11-30-2014, 03:01 PM
Oh no. I won't be able to sleep tonight because some random guys won't read our message boards anymore **

CadaverDawg
11-30-2014, 03:07 PM
I've seen much worse. Bad loss, to Lil Sis, playoff hopes crushed....not surprised people are pissed. Why would a diehard Dawg be complaining about a messageboard when there are so many bigger things to complain about from yesterday? Outside of a select few...I thought the board was tame considering the loss and what it cost us

I seen it dawg
11-30-2014, 03:08 PM
Yeah I was actually kinda surprised myself. I guess it was the fact it was glaring why we got our asses kicked and really not debateable.

HancockCountyDog
11-30-2014, 03:15 PM
I've seen much worse. Bad loss, to Lil Sis, playoff hopes crushed....not surprised people are pissed. Why would a diehard Dawg be complaining about a messageboard when there are so many bigger things to complain about from yesterday? Outside of a select few...I thought the board was tame considering the loss and what it cost us

I made a promise to my wife right before the Hail Mary in Baton Rouge that if we won, I would swear off message boards until end of season.

It's been a great season, but last night was like a turd on a piece of warm apple pie.

Anyone that wants to be pissed is within their right, but let's not go overboard.

Good to be back.

CadaverDawg
11-30-2014, 03:20 PM
Yeah I was actually kinda surprised myself. I guess it was the fact it was glaring why we got our asses kicked and really not debateable.

Yea your calmness has stunned me. I'm actually not as pissed as I thought id be. Coaches disappointed me

DownwardDawg
11-30-2014, 03:38 PM
Yea your calmness has stunned me. I'm actually not as pissed as I thought id be. Coaches disappointed me

It's because we got dominated. We were never really in it. They are a much better team than us so we're not pissed about losing a game we should have won.

GreenheadDawg
11-30-2014, 03:43 PM
It's because we got dominated. We were never really in it. They are a much better team than us so we're not pissed about losing a game we should have won.

Ok that's a little overboard there. I don't think they are a much better team than us. We beat teams that beat them. We played and coached as badly as we could have and they capitalized. Period

DownwardDawg
11-30-2014, 03:46 PM
Ok that's a little overboard there. I don't think they are a much better team than us. We beat teams that beat them. We played and coached as badly as we could have and they capitalized. Period

They physically whipped our asses and they were missing some key players. Their lines whipped our lines. We didn't turn the ball over or commit a bunch of stupid penalties. We just got whipped.

BrunswickDawg
11-30-2014, 03:47 PM
I'm pretty calm (and I think many others are) because outside of "the moment" we all know that regardless of yesterday's outcome, we just witnessed the greatest season in the post-war era of our program. Helps take the edge off the disappointment.

corona con lima
11-30-2014, 03:50 PM
They physically whipped our asses and they were missing some key players. Their lines whipped our lines. We didn't turn the ball over or commit a bunch of stupid penalties. We just got whipped.

We watched the same game.

CCL

GreenheadDawg
11-30-2014, 03:53 PM

I'm not debating that. We had absolutely zero intensity or fire.. we didn't even ****ing try. Arkansas also whipped OM on the line of scrimmage, b/c it was obvious they wanted it more. OM wanted the egg more and it was obvious

GTHOM
11-30-2014, 04:19 PM
our coaches did not have us ready to play, in no way shape or form do they have a better team than us. it was one of the worst coaching performances mullen and his staff has had since he got here. its not debateable

GTHOM
11-30-2014, 04:20 PM
the players did their fair share of missing tackles and making mistakes as well, but its on the coaches to have them ready and to put them in positions to execute.our coaches did neither of those. it was awful. huge negative on mullen if you ask me

DownwardDawg
11-30-2014, 04:45 PM
I'm pretty calm (and I think many others are) because outside of "the moment" we all know that regardless of yesterday's outcome, we just witnessed the greatest season in the post-war era of our program. Helps take the edge off the disappointment.
This too.

HancockCountyDog
11-30-2014, 04:57 PM
our coaches did not have us ready to play, in no way shape or form do they have a better team than us. it was one of the worst coaching performances mullen and his staff has had since he got here. its not debateable

Our two best players on offense, Dak and Jrob had 36 carries for 92 yards. That is getting dominated up front. Their front seven just whipped our guys. We didn't get screwed by refs or turnovers, just got flat out beat.

Dawgface
11-30-2014, 05:06 PM
Over reaction? They must not only be casual viewers of the board, but casual fans as well. What do you expect right after that cluster?

GTHOM
11-30-2014, 05:11 PM
Our two best players on offense, Dak and Jrob had 36 carries for 92 yards. That is getting dominated up front. Their front seven just whipped our guys. We didn't get screwed by refs or turnovers, just got flat out beat.

when did i say anything about turnovers or refs i said our coaches coached and prepared the worst they have since they have gotten to state. that is why we lost

LC Dawg
11-30-2014, 05:20 PM
I'm sure I'll get over it like all other losses but I'm extremely disappointed. I agree with our coach that this is the most important game of the year. The 10-2 record will take some of the sting off in a few days but right now it really sucks.
The reality is that in year 3 Freeze is 2-1 against Mullen with two pretty convincing wins and an OT loss. Nothing but a convincing bowl win, a good 2015 season, and an Egg Bowl win next year will make the sting completely go away.

GTHOM
11-30-2014, 05:24 PM
I'm sure I'll get over it like all other losses but I'm extremely disappointed. I agree with our coach that this is the most important game of the year. The 10-2 record will take some of the sting off in a few days but right now it really sucks.
The reality is that in year 3 Freeze is 2-1 against Mullen with two pretty convincing wins and an OT loss. Nothing but a convincing bowl win, a good 2015 season, and an Egg Bowl win next year will make the sting completely go away.

agreed

C222
11-30-2014, 05:26 PM

Is it your goal to bitch in every thread?

GTHOM
11-30-2014, 05:37 PM
Is it your goal to bitch in every thread?

my goal was to call out the shitty performance that we all saw yesterday by our coaches. if you wanna sit here and act like its not that bad and all that BS then go ahead. i dont call you out on it. you dont have to read it or respond to it if you dont like it :)

defiantdog
11-30-2014, 06:00 PM
We would be acting like this even if we lost by 1 point in 4 OTs. OM beat us..... We can react and blame whoever we want. I don't even know if there's a message board that wouldn't react like we did. (And don't mention SPS, because half of those ****ers are OM fans)