PDA

View Full Version : Field position, what's the deal with keeping Holloway as the main kickoff return guy?

klong-dog
11-30-2014, 02:13 PM
Has he or even RoJo broke one past the 25 all year long? He had a chance to return one yesterday in the 2nd half where he was right at the goal line but decided to take a knee. With the way (timid) he runs the ball, it didn't hurt my feelings that he took a knee, but that told me all I needed to know. Put one of Fred's back there and Myles and I think we would have some much better field position and chances of occasionally breaking one.

CadaverDawg
11-30-2014, 02:17 PM
One of life's big mysteries. Why does he return kicks? Why does he get handoffs? Why is RoJo on kick return? If you say "for blocking", I ask how well is that working? Why don't we kick it through the endzone? How do we have so many shanked punts?

Our Special Teams coach doesn't know Jack shit about Special Teams. And judging by his offensive gameplan, he needs to be spending less time making our Special Teams worse, and more time preparing our offense.

DudyDawg
11-30-2014, 02:18 PM
Bc Dan is too stubborn to realize something he cooked up isn't working unless is goes horribly wrong multiple times. See: graham returning punts

ScottH
11-30-2014, 02:18 PM
I'm the least football expert on this board but the personnel we have used returning kicks this year have looked slow and tentative.

Hollloway and Rojo don't seem to be the answer.

I agree. I'd use Fred and Jamal. It'll add excitement one way or the other.

defiantdog
11-30-2014, 02:27 PM
This may have been Holloway's year to prove himself..... he'll be lost in the shuffle next year. I expect D. Gray and Deddrick Thomas to handle our returns towards mid season next year. Fred Ross has taken claim to punt returns though

GTHOM
11-30-2014, 04:28 PM
because our coaching staff believes that their asses are hats

RBritt
11-30-2014, 06:09 PM
Talked to a co lin coach today after church. He said Gray is really special and will instantly boast the wr core and return game. I'm expecting big things from Gray hope the bowl practices help him rep wise.

defiantdog
11-30-2014, 06:22 PM
I thought Greg Knox is our Special teams / running backs coach.

If we get a special teams coach, we'll have to relinquish another position. We are one of the only SEC teams to have a safeties coach and a DB coach.

But we have more play makers coming in next year than we can do with. I believe Holloway is done now. With all do respect, he'll fill Nick Griffins role next year

Dawg61
12-01-2014, 01:20 AM
One of life's big mysteries. Why does he return kicks? Why does he get handoffs? Why is RoJo on kick return? If you say "for blocking", I ask how well is that working? Why don't we kick it through the endzone? How do we have so many shanked punts?

Our Special Teams coach doesn't know Jack shit about Special Teams. And judging by his offensive gameplan, he needs to be spending less time making our Special Teams worse, and more time preparing our offense.

Haha you have a special kind of hate for Holloway. Mine seems to be Fred Thomas but that's a different subject. Subject here is you and your hate relationship with Holloway. It's beutiful man. Think of it like a bonsai tree of hate. Only your bonsai tree of hate has grown to encompass the entire forest. What in the holy hell has Holloway done to you? The guy never fumbles. He's just extremely easy to tackle. He's maybe 150 lbs. Probably 130 lbs. It's simple physics what happens when a 250 lb. man hits 130 lbs head on full speed in pads. 130 lbs. loses every time.

Todd4State
12-01-2014, 01:32 AM
It's because Dan thinks that if he puts a track star at kick returner and allow our best blocking WR to block for him, it's genius. And he came up with it, so how can it not work?

However, those of us with a functioning brain who don't care if our coach invented football or not see us lose field position over, and over, and over again.....

Todd4State
12-01-2014, 01:34 AM
This may have been Holloway's year to prove himself..... he'll be lost in the shuffle next year. I expect D. Gray and Deddrick Thomas to handle our returns towards mid season next year. Fred Ross has taken claim to punt returns though

I hope you right, but I have my serious doubts about Holloway being lost in the shuffle. In fact, if you told me that he would be ahead of Shumpert and Williams on the depth chart at RB, I wouldn't be surprised at all. Dan loves him some Holloway.

Dawg61
12-01-2014, 01:53 AM
I hope you right, but I have my serious doubts about Holloway being lost in the shuffle. In fact, if you told me that he would be ahead of Shumpert and Williams on the depth chart at RB, I wouldn't be surprised at all. Dan loves him some Holloway.

Somebody get Holloway on some roids. Brian Bosworth style. 180 lbs of pure freak!