PDA

View Full Version : Stars matter

cheewgumm
11-30-2014, 02:09 PM
I wonder how our recruiting will be affected. I'm hoping we
Can pick up some big time recruits with the publicity.

TrapGame
11-30-2014, 02:20 PM
I'm worried about a Merry Flipmas now. Those bastards got a shot in the arm last night and I expect the money men to start shelling it out in the spirit of the season.

defiantdog
11-30-2014, 02:34 PM
For some reason, the Egg Bowl doesn't ever sway recruits one way or the other. And the only current commits I see them attempting to sway are Champion and Washington. We just need to keep pursuing Lewis. I think he knows we need him now.

GTHOM
11-30-2014, 04:26 PM
people please dont bail out on our way of recruiting over one shitastic performance by our coaching staff. i know it is tough and i know they shit the bed in the worst possible way yesterday but please dont flip out and act like they are a better team than us or we just have no talent. not pointing any fingers im just saying....

maroonmania
11-30-2014, 04:45 PM
Certainly very disappointed in our no star OL yesterday. Arkansas and LSU pummeled OM running between the tackles but we certainly couldn't. Of course we still had enough offense to win if our D had actually shown up yesterday. Gave up 532 yards with no Treadwell and an immobile Wallace. We didn't get pressure on Wallace nor did we have much coverage in the secondary. I was wondering exactly where the bulk of our defenders were on a lot of plays.

Smitty
11-30-2014, 04:52 PM
Stars matter on the OL more than anywhere else. You can't teach the size/athletic combo. OL crootin is not where you go for diamonds in the rough. These guys have to be solid.

mic
11-30-2014, 05:01 PM
Stars matter on the OL more than anywhere else. You can't teach the size/athletic combo. OL crootin is not where you go for diamonds in the rough. These guys have to be solid.

100% incorrect. It's the hardest of the positions to evaluate talent.. Yeah there are the 5* that are no brainners, but other than those it's the hardest to determine just how good they will be at the college level..

Smitty
11-30-2014, 05:11 PM
100% incorrect. It's the hardest of the positions to evaluate talent.. Yeah there are the 5* that are no brainners, but other than those it's the hardest to determine just how good they will be at the college level..

I didn't necessarily mean that their scout ratings matter more but like you said that the evaluating and getting the best is most important here. Think Templton Hardy and Damien Robinson. You can't 17 up the O Line and be very successful.