PDA

View Full Version : Self evaluation of the coaching staff.

Drugdog
11-30-2014, 01:39 PM
This needs to be done asap. While there are many good things that happened this year, there were also nearly as many glaring issues.

I think we need to look no further than the definition of insanity. Doing the same things over and over and expecting a different outcome.

Is the future bright? Yes better than it ever has been.
We are so close, but if some glaring issues are not corrected, we may have hit our ceiling.

I believe that we have the leadership in place to correct what needs correcting. We all know what is wrong- Special Teams, bend but don't break defense, vanilla play calling, 1ab, etc.
also enough of the gold unis for the EB.

Time to regroup, be proud of what the team did. It was a learning experience for them, the coaches, and us as fans. Hell of a ride. Best one in my lifetime. Disappointing ending. A major bowl win will ease the pain. And we will whip whoever we face.

Plus I think most media NOW know the difference btw State and UOM.

#hailstate

ScottH
11-30-2014, 01:41 PM
Good idea.

I'd vote for an outside evaluation additionally.

GTHOM
11-30-2014, 01:45 PM
We've seen nothing from mullen this year to think that the special teams will change, weve seen nothing from collins to think that the 1B garbage will stop. I hope we do, mullen did fire wilson and promote collins, and he named knox the special teams coach but it didnt really do anything. We will be very good next year as well, hope we learned from this and got better. we have too

dawgs
11-30-2014, 01:47 PM
We've seen nothing from mullen this year to think that the special teams will change, weve seen nothing from collins to think that the 1B garbage will stop. I hope we do, mullen did fire wilson and promote collins, and he named knox the special teams coach but it didnt really do anything. We will be very good next year as well, hope we learned from this and got better. we have too

Even if we don't have a big legged kicker, we are at least pretty good on the <40 FGs.

GTHOM
11-30-2014, 01:52 PM
Even if we don't have a big legged kicker, we are at least pretty good on the <40 FGs.

im more worried about shanking punts and not kicking touchbacks for whatever stupid ass reason mullen decided to do those this year. i know he doesnt control bell shanking punts, but he does control the touchbacks

IMissJack
11-30-2014, 02:01 PM
A major bowl win will ease the pain. And we will whip whoever we face.

I'm not sure we whip whoever we face. If we are in the Orange, we will likely face loser of GA Tech/FSU. GA Tech runs an unorthodox offense (wishbone) which we haven't seen this year, and they whipped GA on the LOS. With FSU's speed, I doubt we have anyone to cover their receivers.

DownwardDawg
11-30-2014, 02:08 PM
I'm not sure we whip whoever we face. If we are in the Orange, we will likely face loser of GA Tech/FSU. GA Tech runs an unorthodox offense (wishbone) which we haven't seen this year, and they whipped GA on the LOS. With FSU's speed, I doubt we have anyone to cover their receivers.

This is the easiest offense there is to prepare for when you have a few weeks to do so. Look at what LSU did to them when they played them in the bowl. Hell, have they ever won a bowl game with that offense?

IMissJack
11-30-2014, 02:19 PM
Tell that to Jackie and Air Force

DudyDawg
11-30-2014, 02:21 PM
Tech sucks in bowls. Give a team a month, that stuff doesn't work.

I like the gold unis

Barkman Turner Overdrive
11-30-2014, 02:21 PM

I hope we get "GTU" for a NYD bowl. We would beat the brakes off of them with a month to prepare. Besides, we owe them for turds we laid against them during the Croom Error.

BoomBoom
11-30-2014, 02:23 PM
This needs to be done asap. While there are many good things that happened this year, there were also nearly as many glaring issues.

I think we need to look no further than the definition of insanity. Doing the same things over and over and expecting a different outcome.

Is the future bright? Yes better than it ever has been.
We are so close, but if some glaring issues are not corrected, we may have hit our ceiling.

I believe that we have the leadership in place to correct what needs correcting. We all know what is wrong- Special Teams, bend but don't break defense, vanilla play calling, 1ab, etc.
also enough of the gold unis for the EB.

Time to regroup, be proud of what the team did. It was a learning experience for them, the coaches, and us as fans. Hell of a ride. Best one in my lifetime. Disappointing ending. A major bowl win will ease the pain. And we will whip whoever we face.

Plus I think most media NOW know the difference btw State and UOM.

#hailstate

what you see is what you get. this staff don't do self-evaluation, they're never wrong, players just didn't execute.

Liverpooldawg
11-30-2014, 02:24 PM
Good lord.

PendingTransaction
11-30-2014, 02:30 PM
what you see is what you get. this staff don't do self-evaluation, they're never wrong, players just didn't execute.

Boom!!!

PMDawg
11-30-2014, 03:41 PM
Boom!!!

Not sure if serious....

NCDawg
11-30-2014, 03:54 PM
I hope we get "GTU" for a NYD bowl. We would beat the brakes off of them with a month to prepare. Besides, we owe them for turds we laid against them during the Croom Error.

I doubt it. We'll probably give the team off for the holidays like we did Thanksgiving, and we'll drive down on the day of the game in the team bus.

GTHOM
11-30-2014, 04:14 PM
I doubt it. We'll probably give the team off for the holidays like we did Thanksgiving, and we'll drive down on the day of the game in the team bus.

expect 1Bs and no touchbacks, 3rd down and medium Dak run up the middle