PDA

View Full Version : Jamal Clayborne...

CadaverDawg
11-30-2014, 12:13 PM
Ok, so now that the season is over, I wanted to share some info I had heard on Clayborne and see if anyone can elaborate.

I had heard rumors that Clayborne was having trouble deciding if he wanted to stay at MSU around the time he had a death in the family. Supposedly things got sorted out but I have no idea. That kid could be a huge piece of the puzzle next season, and could have helped us some down the stretch this year when he took about a month off.

So the question is....Does anyone know the real story on him? Was he injured when he missed about 4 straight, or were the rumors true? And, Did he play much against Bama and OM? I honestly wasn't looking real hard but never saw him and didn't watch the replay of either game.

I was hesitant to bring this up, but since so many are counting on Clayborne next season in their "season outlooks", I figure they all may want to know.

If I have been misinformed, I apologize....

Madisonmd
11-30-2014, 12:15 PM
Did not play against OM. He has gotten things sorted out for most part. You are are partially correct on above.

DudyDawg
11-30-2014, 12:19 PM
Know he's been unhappy, but I think it's been decided he's staying now. I think he knows he will likely start at guard or center and that kinda convinced him

msstate7
11-30-2014, 12:20 PM
If he's thinking about leaving, he's a more important recruit than rankin imo. He will be very important to our success next season

Todd4State
11-30-2014, 12:20 PM
I know he missed a good bit of time because of a death in the family. I have seen him playing some late in games and things like that.

It's not just Internet fans projected Clayborn as our C- I've see Paul Jones say it the past couple of months as well.

Todd4State
11-30-2014, 12:22 PM
If he's thinking about leaving, he's a more important recruit than rankin imo. He will be very important to our success next season

He's not going to leave.

DudyDawg
11-30-2014, 12:23 PM
IMO, desper will play center and Jamal to guard. Jamal could be gabe jackson like at guard

Todd4State
11-30-2014, 12:45 PM
IMO, desper will play center and Jamal to guard. Jamal could be gabe jackson like at guard

Desper was recruited as a C, but he has had trouble snapping the ball for whatever reason. For that to happen Desper has to get better at snapping. That's why most people are projecting Desper at guard and Clayborn at C, even though in a conventional scenario I do agree you would want Desper at C and Clayborn at G.

And I don't think it's impossible that Desper gets better at snapping the ball, but right now it just seems likely that Clayborn is going to be the C.

HoopsDawg
11-30-2014, 12:49 PM

no offense, but your opinion is wrong.

GTHOM
11-30-2014, 01:03 PM
Different players but same topic, Ive heard that Quay Evans may come back and Elijah Staley has shown he doesnt really care about football. Probably because he had to redshirt this year. Any truth to these?

defiantdog
11-30-2014, 01:11 PM
Different players but same topic, Ive heard that Quay Evans may come back and Elijah Staley has shown he doesnt really care about football. Probably because he had to redshirt this year. Any truth to these?

Evans would have to walk on (good luck with that). Staley is fine and is one of our leaders in the hyping up our kick offs. Clayborn has switched to center..... I believe it's a good switch for him.

DownwardDawg
11-30-2014, 01:34 PM
Evans would have to walk on (good luck with that). Staley is fine and is one of our leaders in the hyping up our kick offs. Clayborn has switched to center..... I believe it's a good switch for him.

I'll be surprised if Staley plays QB at State. Hope I'm wrong but I've never felt like it would work out. Daks coming back, Fitz came in early and got some valuable experience, D Williams will be a true junior next year with tons if experience. We're bringing in another good HS QB.

GTHOM
11-30-2014, 01:37 PM
Ive seen several folks in this board mention Quay Evans for next year

GTHOM
11-30-2014, 01:37 PM
I'll be surprised if Staley plays QB at State. Hope I'm wrong but I've never felt like it would work out. Daks coming back, Fitz came in early and got some valuable experience, D Williams will be a true junior next year with tons if experience. We're bringing in another good HS QB.

with they way staley tweets and talks he makes it seem like he could care less. hes young and im sure it will pass. i hope. he has the size to be a good QB

defiantdog
11-30-2014, 01:48 PM
Staley will be a late bloomer at QB, but he has more potential than anyone we currently have. The guy has a cannon and he's pretty damn accurate. If he matures, he'll definitely be our guy his senior year. We'll probably run a 3 headed monster of Fitz, Staley, and Williams the year after Dak. Dan likes to play multiple qbs when possible for some damn reason.

Ive seen several folks in this board mention Quay Evans for next year
Quay will be lucky to walk on if the coaches even let him. I don't care what people said on this board about him. He's burned a bridge with the coaches that may not be fixable.

defiantdog
11-30-2014, 01:49 PM
with they way staley tweets and talks he makes it seem like he could care less. hes young and im sure it will pass. i hope. he has the size to be a good QB

Means nothing..... look at JRob's tweets. The guy makes you think he's gonna quit the game entirely on twitter.

GTHOM
11-30-2014, 01:51 PM
i hope your right

I seen it dawg
11-30-2014, 02:03 PM
Quay is coming back...

EnterpriseDawg
11-30-2014, 02:13 PM

Speaking of this QB coming in. Has anyone seen him in real play or at camps? Was told he ran a laser time of 5.15 at TN ' S camp. That's Tyler Russell speed. Surely we aren't going back to that awful offense.

defiantdog
11-30-2014, 02:43 PM
Speaking of this QB coming in. Has anyone seen him in real play or at camps? Was told he ran a laser time of 5.15 at TN ' S camp. That's Tyler Russell speed. Surely we aren't going back to that awful offense.

You are correct sir. He's similar to Bo Wallace in his style of running. Virgil was a better passer, but he'd get destroyed if he tried to run the ball in the SEC.

EnterpriseDawg
11-30-2014, 06:11 PM
So we opted for the slower, less accurate QB? Wow, can't wait for that show!!! SMFH

defiantdog
11-30-2014, 06:17 PM
So we opted for the slower, less accurate QB? Wow, can't wait for that show!!! SMFH
I'm not a Tiano fan either. He has a cannon for an arm but he's not as accurate. I always thought we recruited him to get Harrison Moon, but I guess the coaches like him. In Tiano's favor, he looks faster than Russell.

Coach34
11-30-2014, 06:57 PM
Staley is 18 years old. He is still maturing and will be fine I think. He just hates RS'ing and wants to play. Heard he is doing well in practice

Quay is being given the chance to walk-on this Spring. We'll see how dedicated he is during workouts and Spring practice