PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning QB- It Sux Edition

Coach34
11-30-2014, 11:04 AM
Congrats to them- they earned it

1. Terrible offensive game planning. You know they are a speed defense that slants and stems their defensive front. We looked like we literally had not practiced against it in the 1st half. They were slanting their front to the wide side of the field alot and we simply couldnt lock on and create some running lanes. You have to run North-South vs them- everybody knows that. The 1st half gameplan was shit

2. They were bringing safetys and OLB's off the edge vs our OT's to create speed mismatches. They also ran X stunts at our OT's that caused confusion. This wasnt something new. It wasnt unexpected- yet it damn sure looked like it was in the 1st half.

3. The long pass play to Engram that completely changed the game after we had seized momentum was ridiculous. Bennie pointed at Engram before the ball was snapped and told the Secondary it was coming. Redmond tried to jump the out and took himself out of position. Engram catches the ball down the middle and the Safety completely whiffs on the tackle- that cant happen.

4. The 90 yard run cant happen. It should have been a 5 yard loss. That was a back-breaker and ridiculous. You cant miss tackles like that. That's why you lose games.

5. Our DE's didnt attack. They just stood up and tried to read the whole game. Never tried to force the issue. WTF?

6. Shump had a big game because he runs North-South. Thats what you have to do to their D. Needed more of it

7. Benardrick McKinney was a no-show yesterday. A literal non-factor

I agree with Mullen's postgame comment- "It sux". Yes Dan, it does. It ****ing does. 364 more days of this shit.

GTHOM
11-30-2014, 11:10 AM
I agree. The coaching staff is fully to blame. It looked like we expected to play an FCS team. We were probably done in this game since thursday when mullen sent them home, you cant expect guys not to check out doing that. We had everything in our hands and we pisssed it away against a far inferior team. Unacceptable. Cant believe this is all you have to say about it though Coach haha

Dawgface
11-30-2014, 11:14 AM
I can't believe he let them off on Thursday.

Saltydog
11-30-2014, 11:17 AM
didn't grab and wrap up. That's not on the coaches, that's on him and it costs us. For as good as Will has been at times this year, he was bad yesterday. We'd better find a safety before next year or hope Peters can come in and start immediately because from what I saw yesterday, we have shit back there. Better be looking for JUCO help, imo.

Coach34
11-30-2014, 11:27 AM
That long run wasnt on just Redmond- thats ridiculous. Where was the backside DL? Why was there such a gaping hole for him to cut back thru?

DudyDawg
11-30-2014, 11:29 AM
The offensive line was worse than anyone

Todd4State
11-30-2014, 11:29 AM
I can't believe he let them off on Thursday.

I think this might be a big reason why we didn't look ready.

GTHOM
11-30-2014, 11:31 AM
You can blame the coaching staff for not having them ready and the same ol stupidass mistakes they have made all year. Like i said on another thread when you look at it, 10-2 with this staff making these mistakes is a hell of a year.

Liverpooldawg
11-30-2014, 11:32 AM
I agree. The coaching staff is fully to blame. It looked like we expected to play an FCS team. We were probably done in this game since thursday when mullen sent them home, you cant expect guys not to check out doing that. We had everything in our hands and we pisssed it away against a far inferior team. Unacceptable. Cant believe this is all you have to say about it though Coach haha

Their two key plays on offense both happened because we missed tackles. The players were In position to make plays and they whiffed on tackles. How is that ALL on coaching? We missed tackles all night long.

Todd4State
11-30-2014, 11:35 AM
didn't grab and wrap up. That's not on the coaches, that's on him and it costs us. For as good as Will has been at times this year, he was bad yesterday. We'd better find a safety before next year or hope Peters can come in and start immediately because from what I saw yesterday, we have shit back there. Better be looking for JUCO help, imo.

I've seen Peters play in person. He is good enough to start at safety for us immediately. And I don't say that about most players- the last few I've said that about are Chris Jones, Bear Wilson, and Shumpert.

The real problem is Dan likes to play upper classmen because he's Dan and shitter's full. See Chris Jones with the 1B's behind PJ Jones.

But in reality Peters, Bryant, and maybe JT Gray if he doesn't become a LB are > than Evans and Coman. Don't tell Dan- he invented football after all.

Saltydog
11-30-2014, 11:42 AM
missed, he was gone. You have grab, hold on and bring them to the ground and Will knows that. At the very least grab him long enough to slow him down. He did neither.

Saltydog
11-30-2014, 11:43 AM
nt

HoopsDawg
11-30-2014, 11:43 AM
That long run wasnt on just Redmond- thats ridiculous. Where was the backside DL? Why was there such a gaping hole for him to cut back thru?

Redmond didn't wrap up. I don't know what AJ Jefferson was doing in the game or what he was doing on that play, and Kivon Coman went in with his head down and took out Chris Jones. Then Deontay Evans didn't have the speed or the angle to track him down. Just inexcusable all the way around.

HoopsDawg
11-30-2014, 11:46 AM
I think this might be a big reason why we didn't look ready.

The second I heard Mullen let the players go home for Thanksgiving, I called my buddy and said we just lost the game. Croom did that once and said he would never do it again. The team usually eats a Thanksgiving meal together in Starkville. It's not like we had much on the line. Sounds like Hevesey shit the bed too.

FlabLoser
11-30-2014, 11:50 AM
Three things - tackling, the OL, and presnap reads.

Tackling was a surprise because we've tackled well in or other 11 games.

The OL - somebody please explain why we probably had 0 yards rushing between the tackles. Zero and QB power. Don't think that was stunts. OL just couldn't get it done. And when went 5 wides and the safety walks up, I'm yelling at the TV - DON'T DO IT! DON'T DO iT! ....and it happens anyway - the QB draw into a mass of humanity.

Sometimes the D would show blitz on one side and we'd run our running play right into it anyway. I don't know if I saw Dak change a play all night.

In short, this looked exactly like the Bama game plus a bunch of missed tackles.

msstate7
The second I heard Mullen let the players go home for Thanksgiving, I called my buddy and said we just lost the game. Croom did that once and said he would never do it again. The team usually eats a Thanksgiving meal together in Starkville. It's not like we had much on the line. Sounds like Hevesey shit the bed too.

Yep. Our team spent all day Thursday eating and laying up. Then we ride a bus for a couple of hours right before the game. Dumb, dumb, dumb

DudyDawg
I knew we were in trouble when in I think the second quarter we pulled Beckwith on a pass play and cj Johnson blew his ass up and got dak. I knew we weren't ready right then. The o line was awful, will played his only bad game of the year, which is upsetting bc he's probably been our best defender all year. That's the worst part. 0 turnovers, their qb had no Tds and pick, and we shit everywhere and lose. Tough pill to swallow

Todd4State
11-30-2014, 11:51 AM

I hope Dan has learned. It would be really bad if Croom figured that out and Dan doesn't.

What they ought to do is reserve a hotel and offer the families of the football players a chance to come to Starkville to eat with their family members. Because the issue with Thanksgiving and giving them that day off is the travel and the lack of practice time.

GTHOM
11-30-2014, 11:52 AM
Mullen doesnt let Dak change many plays, this staff has tamed Dak

Todd4State
11-30-2014, 11:59 AM
Three things - tackling, the OL, and presnap reads.

Tackling was a surprise because we've tackled well in or other 11 games.

The OL - somebody please explain why we probably had 0 yards rushing between the tackles. Zero and QB power. Don't think that was stunts. OL just couldn't get it done. And when went 5 wides and the safety walks up, I'm yelling at the TV - DON'T DO IT! DON'T DO iT! ....and it happens anyway - the QB draw into a mass of humanity.

Sometimes the D would show blitz on one side and we'd run our running play right into it anyway. I don't know if I saw Dak change a play all night.

In short, this looked exactly like the Bama game plus a bunch of missed tackles.

I think the poor tackling and bad o-line play were due to lethargy. My guess now looking back on it is Dan probably assumed that the intensity of the rivalry would "take care of itself" and he could let our guys go home for a day or two. He was wrong about that.

I'm more comfortable with Dak calling plays than Dan. When we won the Egg Bowl last year, urban legend is Dak was the one who wanted to run the ball on fourth and short, but Dan wanted to throw it into the end zone. We're lucky we haven't lost three Egg Bowls in a row.

Todd4State
11-30-2014, 12:00 PM
Mullen doesnt let Dak change many plays, this staff has tamed Dak

I wonder if he did that with Tebow. I imagine Urban probably had a say in some things too.

GTHOM
11-30-2014, 12:07 PM
I wonder if he did that with Tebow. I imagine Urban probably had a say in some things too.

Im so pissed off at mullen i cant even think about it. I imagine Tebow had more freedom his senior year, hope he gives Dak the same

Political Hack
11-30-2014, 12:16 PM
Redmond didn't wrap up. I don't know what AJ Jefferson was doing in the game or what he was doing on that play, and Kivon Coman went in with his head down and took out Chris Jones. Then Deontay Evans didn't have the speed or the angle to track him down. Just inexcusable all the way around.

Will didn't wrap up 2 yards in the backfield... when he was the only one in the backfield. CBs aren't supposed to be making tackles in the backfield between the tackles... that's where the DL and LBs should be, but none of them showed up on that play. Instead of ripping the kids that were woefully out of position, we choose to rip the kid that's constantly around the ball because he whiffed on a tackle. That makes no sense. Where the hell were the other 10 players?

Todd4State
11-30-2014, 12:18 PM
Im so pissed off at mullen i cant even think about it. I imagine Tebow had more freedom his senior year, hope he gives Dak the same

Actually, Dan didn't coach Tebow his senior year.

I seen it dawg
11-30-2014, 12:24 PM
If we let them go for thanksgiving and chose to ride a ****** bus to the game that's the 2 shittiest things our HC did. Those 2 things can be controlled by the HC and he went 0-2 on those. Wtf is he thinking? Game plans can be fluid and players can't be controlled but goddammit don't be a ****ing dumbass and do the 2 stupidest things you could do. ****ing idiot.

GreenheadDawg
11-30-2014, 12:27 PM
Will didn't wrap up 2 yards in the backfield... when he was the only one in the backfield. CBs aren't supposed to be making tackles in the backfield between the tackles... that's where the DL and LBs should be, but none of them showed up on that play. Instead of ripping the kids that were woefully out of position, we choose to rip the kid that's constantly around the ball because he whiffed on a tackle. That makes no sense. Where the hell were the other 10 players?

Thank you. Redmond was all over the damn field and never gave up on a single play. He played his ass off and he was the only f*cking one. He should have never had to make that tackle, and I know it was a piss poor tackle, but our DL and LBs should have had their ass over there and make the tackle. The whole game just ****ing pisses me off, We played like shit in every aspect of the game

I seen it dawg
11-30-2014, 12:36 PM
Will Redmond, Ashton Shumpert, Derunnya Wilson and Devon Bell were the only mfers that showed up yesterday. NO ONE else in our program showed up. From the top down. Unacceptable that it happens and ****ing Dan better fix it. Im a lot more pissed off today than yesterday because we just didn't show up and we got our ass kicked. Mullen get your head out of your ass it's not a ****ing hat.

HoopsDawg
11-30-2014, 12:47 PM

I'm not ripping Redmond. Just stating facts. He didn't wrap up. I also named 3 other players that messed up on that play. We just weren't ready to play and we got completely outcoached. OM had the perfect plan on offense and defense.

Political Hack
11-30-2014, 12:53 PM
I'm not ripping Redmond. Just stating facts. He didn't wrap up. I also named 3 other players that messed up on that play. We just weren't ready to play and we got completely outcoached. OM had the perfect plan on offense and defense.

he didn't wrap up. Just hate that no one else was swarming to the ball yesterday.

I seen it dawg
11-30-2014, 12:57 PM
We let them go for thanksgiving and rode a bus to the game the day of?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF?!!!!?!?!?!?!!

Percho
Congrats to them- they earned it

1. Terrible offensive game planning. You know they are a speed defense that slants and stems their defensive front. We looked like we literally had not practiced against it in the 1st half. They were slanting their front to the wide side of the field alot and we simply couldnt lock on and create some running lanes. You have to run North-South vs them- everybody knows that. The 1st half gameplan was shit

2. They were bringing safetys and OLB's off the edge vs our OT's to create speed mismatches. They also ran X stunts at our OT's that caused confusion. This wasnt something new. It wasnt unexpected- yet it damn sure looked like it was in the 1st half.

3. The long pass play to Engram that completely changed the game after we had seized momentum was ridiculous. Bennie pointed at Engram before the ball was snapped and told the Secondary it was coming. Redmond tried to jump the out and took himself out of position. Engram catches the ball down the middle and the Safety completely whiffs on the tackle- that cant happen.

4. The 90 yard run cant happen. It should have been a 5 yard loss. That was a back-breaker and ridiculous. You cant miss tackles like that. That's why you lose games.

5. Our DE's didnt attack. They just stood up and tried to read the whole game. Never tried to force the issue. WTF?

6. Shump had a big game because he runs North-South. Thats what you have to do to their D. Needed more of it

7. Benardrick McKinney was a no-show yesterday. A literal non-factor

I agree with Mullen's postgame comment- "It sux". Yes Dan, it does. It ****ing does. 364 more days of this shit.

The safety whiffs because as Engram brakes to the middle of the field the safety is breaking to the sideline 20 plus yards further down the field.

GTHOM
Actually, Dan didn't coach Tebow his senior year.

you are correct, told you i was so pissed off i couldnt think about it

PendingTransaction
11-30-2014, 12:58 PM
Mullen will never win a championship. His arrogance and love for Hevesy has always created friction among the coaching staff. This leads to a lack of synergy on the team. He needs a REAL OC, but since he is the inventor of the spread offense, that will never happen. Speaking of the Mullen Spread, it is the most antiquated version in existence! Absolutely no innovation.

Collins pyscho/mayhem defense looks more like Chris Wilson 2.0. But I'm sure, just like with previous coaches, he's trying to give Coach what he wants.

msstate7
11-30-2014, 01:00 PM
Mullen will never win a championship. His arrogance and love for Hevesy has always created friction among the coaching staff. This leads to a lack of synergy on the team. He needs a REAL OC, but since he is the inventor of the spread offense, that will never happen. Speaking of the Mullen Spread, it is the most antiquated version in existence! Absolutely no innovation.

Collins pyscho/mayhem defense looks more like Chris Wilson 2.0. But I'm sure, just like with previous coaches, he's trying to give Coach what he wants.

Mullen is the best thing to happen to state. You're melting hard

GTHOM
11-30-2014, 01:00 PM
Will Redmond, Ashton Shumpert, Derunnya Wilson and Devon Bell were the only mfers that showed up yesterday. NO ONE else in our program showed up. From the top down. Unacceptable that it happens and ****ing Dan better fix it. Im a lot more pissed off today than yesterday because we just didn't show up and we got our ass kicked. Mullen get your head out of your ass it's not a ****ing hat.

Dak Prescott fought his heart out too with no help from his HC

I seen it dawg
11-30-2014, 01:01 PM
I've been this biggest Dak backer since he was a junior in high school....he did not show up yesterday.

Pollodawg
11-30-2014, 01:04 PM
Dak wasn't the problem.

GTHOM
11-30-2014, 01:04 PM
I've been this biggest Dak backer since he was a junior in high school....he did not show up yesterday.

He accounted for the only 2 TDs that we scored and had to run it up the middle time and time again with no help from his OL or HC. I disagree 100 percent

HoopsDawg
11-30-2014, 01:05 PM

Dak didn't play bad. He actually threw the ball really well.

I seen it dawg
11-30-2014, 01:06 PM
Dak wasn't the problem.

The problem was our HC. I never said Dak was the problem. It was clear there were only a few players that came to play with any intensity.

I seen it dawg
11-30-2014, 01:07 PM
I'm just gonna disagree about Dak.

GTHOM
11-30-2014, 01:09 PM
I dont know how

Percho
11-30-2014, 01:09 PM

We started the game tackling the ball instead of the man. There first run about 4 yards should have been no gain but we were tackling the ball.

I seen it dawg
11-30-2014, 01:18 PM
I dont know how

He wasn't the only problem. He didn't put us on his back and lead us to a win. He did not play his best. He made a lot of mistakes. There were about 4 dozen other muther****ers who killed us much more than he did. He wasn't "the" problem. He was part of it.

That's how.

Liverpooldawg
11-30-2014, 01:22 PM
Yep. Our team spent all day Thursday eating and laying up. Then we ride a bus for a couple of hours right before the game. Dumb, dumb, dumb

They aren't going to stay in Oxford. Where do you suggest they stay that doesn't involve a bus ride?

FlabLoser
11-30-2014, 01:22 PM
Thank you. Redmond was all over the damn field and never gave up on a single play. He played his ass off and he was the only f*cking one. He should have never had to make that tackle, and I know it was a piss poor tackle, but our DL and LBs should have had their ass over there and make the tackle. The whole game just ****ing pisses me off, We played like shit in every aspect of the game

Will shoulda made that tackle.

Did you see what else happened on that play - Will was the only guy chasing downfield and might have caught the guy in another 10-15 yards. Will also chased down Ingram to get him down at about 3 on that drive where Liggins eventually scored.

Will was all over the field and broke up some passes but I bet you he knows he should have made that TFL. He and 10 other guys.

Todd4State
11-30-2014, 01:23 PM
They aren't going to stay in Oxford. Where do you suggest they stay that doesn't involve a bus ride?

Batesville or Tupelo would have been much shorter rides.

FlabLoser
11-30-2014, 01:25 PM
Mullen will never win a championship.

He was a couple busted plays on defense away from being in the playoffs, mayne.

Liverpooldawg
11-30-2014, 01:26 PM
Batesville? That's the same as staying in Oxford. Tupelo is about half the distance.

DownwardDawg
11-30-2014, 01:26 PM
We just sucked yesterday. And they looked much better coached than us.

I seen it dawg
11-30-2014, 01:28 PM
Batesville? That's the same as staying in Oxford. Tupelo is about half the distance.

So stay in muther****ing tupelo. Keep the team in town for thanksgiving and stay in a hotel night before a game. Focus!

GTHOM
11-30-2014, 01:31 PM
He wasn't the only problem. He didn't put us on his back and lead us to a win. He did not play his best. He made a lot of mistakes. There were about 4 dozen other muther****ers who killed us much more than he did. He wasn't "the" problem. He was part of it.

That's how.

Not sure how you can expect Dak to put us on his back when Mullen handicaps him on his read options and tells him every game since kentucky to stay in the pocket and not run. Also when Mullen asks him to run it up the middle when everybody in the stadium, and watching it on TV knows hes gonna run it up the middle on 4th and 3. Dak played his ass off yesterday, he had 0 help. He had 0 turnovers and we still lost by 14 because of our innovator of a head coach and our psycho bend but dont break corner back blitz defense. Joe Montana couldnt put that on his back and win

defiantdog
11-30-2014, 01:33 PM
Will Redmond may have missed a tackle on the long play but he was also the guy who nearly ran the guy down. Redmond never gave up one play. That's a hell of a lot more than what our DL did. Our DL allowed OM to rush for positive yards every time they attempted to run..... that's inexcusable. McKinney forgot to show up, and I'm glad R. Brown got the majority of the reps back there because he actually read the offense and executed stops.

But our guys were simply not up for the game and showed no emotion. OM players were taunting and throwing the landshark all night. That's on coaching. It is the coaches responsibility to pump up the players and get them ready for the game. Our guys weren't ready.

BTW, who ran down Engram on both long pass plays? Redmond did..... the kid shows heart, and he'll be an asset for us next year.

Todd4State
11-30-2014, 01:33 PM

There's no rule about not staying in the opposing teams town. I wouldn't care if we did stay in Oxford. In fact, I would rather us do that than drive two hours and give the players Thanksgiving off. I think most people that play Ole Miss stay in Memphis.

The whole point is so our team doesn't have a long ride.

GTHOM
11-30-2014, 01:34 PM
So stay in muther****ing tupelo. Keep the team in town for thanksgiving and stay in a hotel night before a game. Focus!

agree 100 percent

I seen it dawg
11-30-2014, 01:40 PM
Not sure how you can expect Dak to put us on his back when Mullen handicaps him on his read options and tells him every game since kentucky to stay in the pocket and not run. Also when Mullen asks him to run it up the middle when everybody in the stadium, and watching it on TV knows hes gonna run it up the middle on 4th and 3. Dak played his ass off yesterday, he had 0 help. He had 0 turnovers and we still lost by 14 because of our innovator of a head coach and our psycho bend but dont break corner back blitz defense. Joe Montana couldnt put that on his back and win

And that's why I said I would just disagree!!!! I didn't say he played terrible goddammit I said he didn't play well. We needed more out of our best player and he didn't provide it. I never said he didn't play hard, he always plays hard. You need to distinguish the fact of playing hard and playing well. It's ****ing different.

Mullen absolutely killed us and is my public enemy number 1, not Dak. I don't get how you think that I think Dak is the reason we lost. In that game he has to be head and shoulders above for us to win. He clearly wasn't and it's not just ****ing turnovers or that he scored 2 Tds.

You will disagree and that's ok. I will disagree with you and that's ok. Stop ****** arguing with me when I tell you I'm just gonna disagree with you. Goddammit are you stupid?

ScottH
11-30-2014, 01:43 PM
he (Dak)always plays hard.
Mullen absolutely killed us and is my public enemy number 1, not Dak. I

Spot on.

GTHOM
11-30-2014, 01:47 PM
And that's why I said I would just disagree!!!! I didn't say he played terrible goddammit I said he didn't play well. We needed more out of our best player and he didn't provide it. I never said he didn't play hard, he always plays hard. You need to distinguish the fact of playing hard and playing well. It's ****ing different.

Mullen absolutely killed us and is my public enemy number 1, not Dak. I don't get how you think that I think Dak is the reason we lost. In that game he has to be head and shoulders above for us to win. He clearly wasn't and it's not just ****ing turnovers or that he scored 2 Tds.

You will disagree and that's ok. I will disagree with you and that's ok. Stop ****** arguing with me when I tell you I'm just gonna disagree with you. Goddammit are you stupid?

you misunderstood me, i thought Dak played as hard and as well as you could ask him too with a head coach handicapping him. he has had better days i agree

I seen it dawg
11-30-2014, 01:51 PM
you misunderstood me, i thought Dak played as hard and as well as you could ask him too with a head coach handicapping him. he has had better days i agree

Apparently so. Dak did play hard and he should have kicked Mullen in the ****ing nuts about every 2 minutes. That being said Dak made a lot of mistakes yesterday in some reads and reactions to plays that he has to be better at to win those types of games. He's not a finished product by any stretch and has only been the guy for 1 yr. I'm confident he will continue to get better.

cheewgumm
11-30-2014, 01:51 PM
Redmond is definitely not the problem. He's been the answer to a problem.
He missed a tackle
But also broke up several passes. He's our best DB and its not close, IMO.

All for our best
Players seeing more snaps. Chris Jones needs to be on the field as
Much as possible. It's an average thing... More plays for
Best players, odds are
They
Make plays

GTHOM
11-30-2014, 01:55 PM
Apparently so. Dak did play hard and he should have kicked Mullen in the ****ing nuts about every 2 minutes. That being said Dak made a lot of mistakes yesterday in some reads and reactions to plays that he has to be better at to win those types of games. He's not a finished product by any stretch and has only been the guy for 1 yr. I'm confident he will continue to get better.

as long as mullen tells him to keep the ball no matter what on read options we will continue to see the half yard gains/losses and as long as mullen continues to not take hardly any shots downfield teams will load the box and take away the QB run out of 5 wide. mullen pissed me off so damn bad against bama and ole miss i literally could kick him in the nuts

cheewgumm
11-30-2014, 02:01 PM
Agree. Playcalling as much as anything else lost this game and Bama.

How can you blame the team for " not being ready" when we're not
Calling plays to give them a chance.

Compete!!

Mullen really does play not to lose a lot of times. I thought he learned againt LSU not to do that but he can't help himself. If he feels threatened he goes conservative.

BoomBoom
11-30-2014, 02:27 PM
I hope Dan has learned. It would be really bad if Croom figured that out and Dan doesn't.

What they ought to do is reserve a hotel and offer the families of the football players a chance to come to Starkville to eat with their family members. Because the issue with Thanksgiving and giving them that day off is the travel and the lack of practice time.

he'll probably do it before every game now, to prove it wasn't a mistake.

War Machine Dawg
11-30-2014, 03:45 PM

He's been a defensive player his whole damn life. He's had to tackle his whole damn life. He should know to wrap up when tackling. Granted, everyone managed to **** up that play. But don't pretend Redmond is blameless or didn't suck all day.

And for those saying this was Redmond's only bad game....you've clearly forgotten UAB and & USA. He got abused in those games.

GreenheadDawg
11-30-2014, 03:49 PM
He's been a defensive player his whole damn life. He's had to tackle his whole damn life. He should know to wrap up when tackling. Granted, everyone managed to **** up that play. But don't pretend Redmond is blameless or didn't suck all day.

And for those saying this was Redmond's only bad game....you've clearly forgotten UAB and & USA. He got abused in those games.

He's our best DB. I know you don't think so but you also think that the 1B defense is a real neat idea

War Machine Dawg
11-30-2014, 04:05 PM
He's our best DB. I know you don't think so but you also think that the 1B defense is a real neat idea

He's in the discussion with Calhoun. There's a reason teams barely throw at Calhoun. Redmond has improved dramatically this season. He'll only get better, and I'm excited about how good he could be. I'd love to kick Bracky in the balls for costing Redmond 1/3 of his career.

And the 1Bs worked for us most of the year. Are there some changes that need to be made for it to be more effective? Yes. If Zach Jackson and Deontay Evans never played in an SEC game again, with the exception of Vandy, it would be one game too many. But a whole lot of our 1Bs would play or start at the vast majority of other SEC schools. No one bitched when we rotated DLs in '99. But now it's considered a terrible idea because a bunch of dumbasses on this board don't know shit from shinola.

GTHOM
11-30-2014, 04:16 PM
He's in the discussion with Calhoun. There's a reason teams barely throw at Calhoun. Redmond has improved dramatically this season. He'll only get better, and I'm excited about how good he could be. I'd love to kick Bracky in the balls for costing Redmond 1/3 of his career.

And the 1Bs worked for us most of the year. Are there some changes that need to be made for it to be more effective? Yes. If Zach Jackson and Deontay Evans never played in an SEC game again, with the exception of Vandy, it would be one game too many. But a whole lot of our 1Bs would play or start at the vast majority of other SEC schools. No one bitched when we rotated DLs in '99. But now it's considered a terrible idea because a bunch of dumbasses on this board don't know shit from shinola.

huge difference in just rotating your DL than the whole damn defense. it bit us in the ass over and over again, what i dont understand is why we did it in the 2 biggest games of the year. you accomplished the goal, build depth and keep the 1As fresh, why not use your best players to get to the playoff?? Nope. We're too smart for that, we played zone and sent the CB blitz

Political Hack
11-30-2014, 04:26 PM
WMD, you're a blithering idiot. You're the Jeremiah Short of the MSU blog world.

HoopsDawg
11-30-2014, 04:26 PM
huge difference in just rotating your DL than the whole damn defense. iblitz

Absolutely! Talk about a reach from the other guy.

Smitty
11-30-2014, 04:27 PM
huge difference in just rotating your DL than the whole damn defense. it bit us in the ass over and over again, what i dont understand is why we did it in the 2 biggest games of the year. you accomplished the goal, build depth and keep the 1As fresh, why not use your best players to get to the playoff?? Nope. We're too smart for that, we played zone and sent the CB blitz

Blood pressure rises every time I think about this.. Just sheer stupidity.

GreenheadDawg
11-30-2014, 04:28 PM
You can get guys as many reps as possible but if they don't have SEC talent then it doesn't matter. Jackson, Evans, Cleveland and possibly Coman don't have SEC talent. They just don't. Diamonds in the rough have been great for us to have a pretty good season but to stay in the upper tier we have recruit better, mainly on the offensive line. I hope we hang on to Peters and champion.. They are must for this class. We just sparked OM for the crootin championship

War Machine Dawg
11-30-2014, 04:30 PM

You won't get any argument from me about the CB blitz. I agree with C34, it's the worst call in all of football.

There are only about 4 guys in the 1B group that haven't earned their keep. Riddle me this: Who shouldn't play out of the following? AJ Jefferson, Nelson Adams, Chris Jones, Curtis Virges, Nelson Adams, Richie Brown, Turtle Holmes, Tolando Cleveland, Kivon Coman, and Redmond. The only one I'd even consider is Coman. His minutes needed to be reduced some, but he's got potential and has played well at times. Cleveland did nothing but improve as the season progressed and has been solid. Everyone else plays or starts at the other 13 SEC schools.

Personally, I'd like to see JT Gray get an expanded role. He's got the speed to be an adequate replacement for Matt Wells, and the fewer snaps Jackson gets, the better. Our hand has been forced at S with Market's injury and Cox's suspension. If it were me, Hughes & Coman play the bowl game. Next year, it's wide open competition and hopefully Brandon Bryant can win one spot and Market will be healthy to take the other. If Market isn't ready, and I'd be shocked if he was, then my second choice would be Peters or Coman, depending on how much Coman progresses in the offseason. But that's down the road.

War Machine Dawg
11-30-2014, 04:33 PM
You can get guys as many reps as possible but if they don't have SEC talent then it doesn't matter. Jackson, Evans, Cleveland and possibly Coman don't have SEC talent. They just don't. Diamonds in the rough have been great for us to have a pretty good season but to stay in the upper tier we have recruit better, mainly on the offensive line. I hope we hang on to Peters and champion.. They are must for this class. We just sparked OM for the crootin championship

Jackson & Evans, completely agree. You're crazy at it regards Cleveland. The kid can flat play. He's made some typical "young kid" mistakes, but he's made a bunch of good plays, too. He's going to be very good for us sooner rather than later. I'm still on the fence with Coman. He's made some good plays, but he's struggled some too. Could be a young thing with him, like it was early on with Cleveland. That said, I personally would have reduced his minutes this season. But the fact is that no one at Safety has been very good for us. I'd love to see us move Ced Jiles and maybe even Cleveland back there in the offseason.

Something else to remember, we're missing Dee Arrington and Quadry Antoine has been moved to LB. Those guys could have probably provided some quality depth at S.

GTHOM
11-30-2014, 04:34 PM
You won't get any argument from me about the CB blitz. I agree with C34, it's the worst call in all of football.

There are only about 4 guys in the 1B group that haven't earned their keep. Riddle me this: Who shouldn't play out of the following? AJ Jefferson, Nelson Adams, Chris Jones, Curtis Virges, Nelson Adams, Richie Brown, Turtle Holmes, Tolando Cleveland, Kivon Coman, and Redmond. The only one I'd even consider is Coman. His minutes needed to be reduced some, but he's got potential and has played well at times. Cleveland did nothing but improve as the season progressed and has been solid. Everyone else plays or starts at the other 13 SEC schools.

Personally, I'd like to see JT Gray get an expanded role. He's got the speed to be an adequate replacement for Matt Wells, and the fewer snaps Jackson gets, the better. Our hand has been forced at S with Market's injury and Cox's suspension. If it were me, Hughes & Coman play the bowl game. Next year, it's wide open competition and hopefully Brandon Bryant can win one spot and Market will be healthy to take the other. If Market isn't ready, and I'd be shocked if he was, then my second choice would be Peters or Coman, depending on how much Coman progresses in the offseason. But that's down the road.

You said nelson adams twice so im not sure who you meant to put, but those guys should play, yes. but not against alabama or ole miss when the playoff is on the damn line. you play your best players, not only did we not do that, we went full ass retard and played zone all 2nd half and didnt blitz a crippled bo wallace. pure dumbassery. i cant speak for everyone but i am regretting paying collins all that extra money.

GTHOM
11-30-2014, 04:35 PM
and you rotate those guys in when the 1As get tired, not just mass random substituting, i wonder what makes collins decide when to do it. to me it always seems like it happens right after we take the momentum of a game. STUPIDITY

War Machine Dawg
11-30-2014, 04:39 PM
You said nelson adams twice so im not sure who you meant to put, but those guys should play, yes. but not against alabama or ole miss when the playoff is on the damn line. you play your best players, not only did we not do that, we went full ass retard and played zone all 2nd half and didnt blitz a crippled bo wallace. pure dumbassery. i cant speak for everyone but i am regretting paying collins all that extra money.

Meant to put Nick James. My bad. And yes, we screwed the pooch yesterday, from the coaches right on down the line. I blasted Collins for the defensive game plan just like I blasted Mullen for the offensive game plan.

War Machine Dawg
11-30-2014, 04:45 PM
WMD, you're a blithering idiot. You're the Jeremiah Short of the MSU blog world.

Oh? Care to elaborate on how Redmond is better than Calhoun? Because you can't argue the fact that teams stay away from Calhoun. I've made it pretty clear: Redmond has put himself into the discussion of being our best DB. But it isn't clear cut that he's better than Calhoun at this point. Next year, he could pass Calhoun. He certainly has the talent to do so, and it would make our D that much better if he did. Not to mention it would earn him a whole lot of money. But I don't expect you to be objective when it comes to Redmond. You're literally invested in him being great.

GTHOM
11-30-2014, 04:58 PM
Meant to put Nick James. My bad. And yes, we screwed the pooch yesterday, from the coaches right on down the line. I blasted Collins for the defensive game plan just like I blasted Mullen for the offensive game plan.

i mean... i literally have no clue what the coaches plan was on both sides. if were going to run a spread option offense, for the love of God please let Dak keep the ball on the option. Since kentucky they have made him give it no matter what i guess to give the defense the threat of him keeping it. Worst coaching performance of Mullen's career

Political Hack
11-30-2014, 05:11 PM
Oh? Care to elaborate on how Redmond is better than Calhoun? Because you can't argue the fact that teams stay away from Calhoun. I've made it pretty clear: Redmond has put himself into the discussion of being our best DB. But it isn't clear cut that he's better than Calhoun at this point. Next year, he could pass Calhoun. He certainly has the talent to do so, and it would make our D that much better if he did. Not to mention it would earn him a whole lot of money. But I don't expect you to be objective when it comes to Redmond. You're literally invested in him being great.

once again talking about stuff you know nothing about... not surprised.

You know why they ran that RB pass at Will? Because he bust RBs asses when they run to his side. They had to get him to play back. That's why Saban didn't run or throw to his side.

We'll just see which of our DBs goes the highest in the draft and revisit this discussion then.

defiantdog
11-30-2014, 05:53 PM
Didn't Redmond play QB in high school?

State82
11-30-2014, 06:06 PM
i cant speak for everyone but i am regretting paying collins all that extra money.

You can speak for me on that point. It has crossed my mind on several occasions over the course of the season.

Dawgowar
11-30-2014, 06:18 PM
MSU Football retweeted
Jay Hughes Jay Hughes @j30playsguitar 21h
My love for this university runs deep. Tough loss today, but it will never take away from the good times I've had here #ForeverMaroon
View details ?

MSU Football retweeted
Ben Beckwith Ben Beckwith @Bbeckwith66 21h
I love everyone of my HailState family this feeling is terrible but 2have the support of this awesome family I’m in means everything #1love
View details ?

MSU Football retweeted
Anthony Dixon Anthony Dixon @Boobie24Dixon 22h
Just wanna say #Salute and #Respect to this years Mississippi State Football team,gave me a lot to be proud and thankful for #ForeverMaroon
View details ?

MSU Football retweeted
Dillon Day Dillon Day @DoomzDAY63 22h
A 10 win regular season, is a season to be proud of; love this school and this family. Bulldog for life. #HailState
View details ?
MSU Football retweeted

Gabe jackson Gabe jackson @bigsmooth61 22h
Still a bulldawg!! Everybody hold your heads up cause this team accomplished something no other team in school history has !! #dawg4life
View details ?
MSU Football retweeted

Dak Prescott Dak Prescott @15_DakP 20h
Thank you Bulldog Family for the Support! Nothing but Love for my Teammates, Coaches, and Our #HailState Family!