PDA

View Full Version : WMD's Armchair QB: Laying Eggs Edition

War Machine Dawg
11-30-2014, 10:20 AM
Gents, the Laying Eggs Edition of ACQB is available at FWTCT. (http://www.forwhomthecowbelltolls.com/2014/11/30/7308529/wmd-armchair-qb-laying-eggs-edition-mississippi-state-bulldogs-ole-miss-rebels) Most certainly worth your time. You know the drill.

Smitty
11-30-2014, 10:39 AM
Regarding Coaching/Miscellaneous - #8

The season was a successful failure. Yesterday was not the low point for the program (obviously) but it was the worst day in program history as a fan.

Dawgface
11-30-2014, 10:52 AM
Yes, #8 makes no sense what so ever. But our staff did it all year long so not a surprise. I have no idea why we never learned our lesson.

1bigdawg
11-30-2014, 11:00 AM
To add: Jrob got owned a couple of times in pass blocking. If he decides to try the NFL this year, that may cost him his chance. On the flip side, not only did Shumpert develop as a runner, be did a serviceable job pass blocking also.

drunkernhelldawg
11-30-2014, 11:19 AM
I think the offense deserves a lot of blame. We presented one drive killing sequence after another. Dak went to number one option almost every time even though it was covered. We run Dak on 3rd down almost every time, so it's become predictable. Yes, the big plays, esp. the run, killed us. But the offense has to take advantage of its opportunity to answer.

GTHOM
11-30-2014, 11:21 AM
8 and 4 for offense. Dak Prescott was the only reason we had a shot. Dak played and fought his ass off yesterday with a coaching staff and o line that did not help him. This staff has tamed Dak. There were some of those pass attempts that it looked like number 15 in white against 3 or 4 red jerseys whipping our o line and coming after him. They are holding him back and its obvious. They let him run it straight ahead when everybody in the stadium and watching on TV knows its coming, but on 1st and 2nd down we never run it, we have ran read option 100000 times and ever since the kentucky game it has been all give 100 percent of the time by Dak, regardless of what he reads. So it turns into one of those half yard gains to half yard losses everybody bitches about. They are making Dak give it no matter what and it is absolutely dumb. The fact that this team went 10-2 with the staff making the SAME STUPID MISTAKES over and over again is a tribute to the players. However they did do their fair share of screwing up yesterday. They were not put in the best position. Collins was a joke yesterday. Never blitzed in the 2nd half, played nothing but zone in the 2nd half, did not widen the ends out even though all they were doing was running wide. Awful. Our gameplan was a joke on both sides. SO pissed off at these coaches that they would do this. Pathetic.

War Machine Dawg
11-30-2014, 11:34 AM
To add: Jrob got owned a couple of times in pass blocking. If he decides to try the NFL this year, that may cost him his chance. On the flip side, not only did Shumpert develop as a runner, be did a serviceable job pass blocking also.

Yep, started to mention that. Conner in particular blew him up on one play. J-Rob just had a bad day in general. He's been much better than that at pass pro all season.

War Machine Dawg
11-30-2014, 04:06 PM
Sunday afternoon bump

thf24
11-30-2014, 06:39 PM
The missed field goal wasn't Sobes' fault. Dak spun it wrong and Sobes had to hit it straight on the laces, and the ball did exactly what it tends to do under that circumstance.

LC Dawg
11-30-2014, 11:16 PM
I've been worrying about the Egg Bowl for a while but after Treadwell went down I thought we were in good shape because Wells is tailor-made for Engram, their 2nd best weapon. I sat in the stands in Oxford and was dumbfounded at that shit show.