PDA

View Full Version : '15 outlook

msstate7
11-30-2014, 09:08 AM
Oline:

Losing day, beckwith, and clausell. Senior was pretty good this year and I see no reason to think he won't be even better next year. Malone will be very good. Most likely we'll plug clayborn in at center. Can clayborn make the blocking calls? If he can, I think he can be an upgrade. He's one of our strongest players, so I think he could boost our running game.

Guard and tackle are the question marks. We HAVE to go all in on rankin. With OM returning both tackles, rankin has to see we are the best fit. Get rankin and I really think we'll be better on the oline.

Wr's:

We're loaded here imo. Bear, Ross, and brown can all play. In the slot, we'll be more explosive with Myles, graham, and gray.

Rb's:

Jrob and shump will be solid. Add in a good group of freshmen and aeris and we will be significantly better here

Qb:

No doubt we will be the best we've ever been here

Te:

Mojo is a huge loss. Can walley be an every down te?

Dline:

Chris jones must be the star he can be. He needs to be in the best shape of his life and dedicated to playing inside. Forget him playing de.

James also must come in shape. He will be very important to our success.

Brown and Jefferson are decent players.

How good are Thomas, Harris, and Coleman?

Swain is a very important recruit.

Calvin must step in and play well.

Lb:

B brown will anchor us. He's outstanding.

Richie brown, Harris, gray, green, and Jung will have to be good.

Cb's:

Redmond and Calhoun are solid. I like Cleveland. We need smitherman or stamps to be ready early

Safety:

Can Bryant play? Will we let mcLaurin and peters play early? I think we have to.

I think we will have a huge year offensively.

With us having a very good offense, it's time to put the psycho in our defense. The bend but don't break and mass subs must go. Take chances on defense bc our offense will be able to make up for mistakes imo.

I think 10-2 is possible again next season

Jacksondevildog
11-30-2014, 09:14 AM
$100 says Rankin goes to ole miss and and reminder that his girlfriend goes to State, I believe. They know how bad we need him so they wil make it difficult for us to get him.

msstate7
11-30-2014, 09:22 AM
$100 says Rankin goes to ole miss and and reminder that his girlfriend goes to State, I believe. They know how bad we need him so they wil make it difficult for us to get him.

I'll never bet we get an oline recruiting head to head with them

TrapGame
11-30-2014, 09:24 AM
Don't forget Desper on Oline. He's looked when he's been in.

GreenheadDawg
11-30-2014, 09:31 AM
Well they return both of their tackles so he would be an idiot if he went to OM

Jacksondevildog
11-30-2014, 09:33 AM
We were even with Rankin going into his visit in Oxford yesterday. These kids look at a situation and say that they can compete. You thinkFreeze is telling him that he won't play next year at Ole Miss?

msstate7
11-30-2014, 09:35 AM
Well they return both of their tackles so he would be an idiot if he went to OM

Cooper and tunsil will both be back.

We have an immediate opening at tackle.

I don't see how he could choose them if he looks at depth charts instead of listening to recruiters.

Hopefully Luke gets Troy job and that's what we need to get rankin here

Saltydog
11-30-2014, 09:48 AM
Jones didn't have the year many expected him to have. I know with interior DL what they do sometimes doesn't show up in the stats but he didn't "wow" us this year like many thought he would.

msstate7
11-30-2014, 09:52 AM
Jones didn't have the year many expected him to have. I know with interior DL what they do sometimes doesn't show up in the stats but he didn't "wow" us this year like many thought he would.

I wonder how much him wanting to play de hurt his play. Someone needs to sit him down and explain he's an nfl dt and an nfl home viewer at de

Dawgface
11-30-2014, 09:58 AM

I agree. I know I've seen some say he has been double teamed at times. I don't go back and analysis a game like some, so don't know if that is true or not. But he hasn't had the wow factor as you said imo. Hopefully he gets meaner next year.

DudyDawg
11-30-2014, 11:39 AM
You forgot adams bros on the D line

I think we will have more playmakers on offense than in our entire history next year

msstate7
11-30-2014, 11:41 AM
Oh and keep an eye on the ED board favorite, quay Evans. If a new attitude quay enters the fold, our dline could become a strength

GTHOM
11-30-2014, 11:49 AM
Everything we wanted this year is achievable next year, dont let anyone tell you road trips to an auburn team that we should have beaten EVERY year, to a&m, and arkansas makes it not possible. we dont have croom anymore, there is no such thing as an unwinnable game.

CadaverDawg
11-30-2014, 12:01 PM
I think the Kentucky OC got the Troy job yesterday. Thought I saw it on the ticker.

Keep an eye on Cedric Jiles at CB. We should have a stout 2 deep at CB with Jiles and Cleveland backing up Calhoun and Redmond.

DL should have a stout #1 group with R Brown, C Jones, N Adams, AJ Jefferson.

Linebackers should be good with Benny, Richie, JT Gray, Gerri Green, and Dez Harris

Safety, I agree, it's time to let some youngsters play...Brandon Bryant and Jamal Peters hopefully win jobs.

RB should be better than ever. JRob, Shump, Aeris, and the new guys. Please get Holloway out of this group.

QB should be even better next season

WR's are going to be en fuego. We FINALLY started getting Ross the ball late and he showed what he can do. He will be an absolute monster next season, especially with so much attention on Wilson and our slot guys catching screens.

And as always, our biggest question mark will be the OL. Coach can brag on our OL til he's blue in the face...but when the chips were on the table, our OL wasn't good enough against Bama and OM. Until we start recruiting better at that position, we can't expect to win those monster games against good defenses.

In my opinion, it's time for Collins to live up to his mantra and put some psycho in that defense. We are far too talented on that side of the ball to play zone the entire game. It was an absolute tragedy that we didn't bring heat on Bo all night. And for God's sake, if you ARE going to play zone, you better be teaching your guys to wrap up and tackle, because the whole point of a zone is to prevent big plays....well....you failed. Time to regroup and drop the Chris Wilson act you pulled yesterday.

Jacksondevildog
11-30-2014, 12:03 PM
Didn't I read on a board somewhere that Redmond would potentially enter the NFL draft?

Coach34
11-30-2014, 12:04 PM
QB- we have our starter. Who emerges as the back-up?

RB- we'll be good here.

WR- Bear and the Fred's will be an outstanding group

TE- got some concern here. Walley is a role player. Hutchinson needs to come thru

OL- Malone and Senior are solid. Clayborn going to Center? Desper played well at times. Flowers? Hev is high on our two true Freshmen that RS'ed. J Johnson RS'ed and is healthy now. Rankin would be a big pull that's needed at OT. This position group's development this Spring is the most important to our team.

DL- Interesting to see if Quay follows thru and returns. Ryan Brown, Jones, AJ Jefferson, Nick James, Adams..we have some good players returning. Thomas coming in after RS'ing should be a big boost also

LB- Bennie is very good. Richie plays smart but lacks a little talent. Gerri Green needs to make an impact. JT Gray is talented. I dont have much faith in Jackson

CB- Redmond and Cleveland can play. Jiles returns. Someone else needs to step up

Safety- Market tore his Achilles. We need help here

Punter- Bell returns as does Cooke

Kicker- Soby had a good year and returns

We will be a good football team next year. Having to play Auburn, A&M, and UPig on the road will be tough. As will playing Bama and LSU at home

GTHOM
11-30-2014, 12:05 PM
I think the Kentucky OC got the Troy job yesterday. Thought I saw it on the ticker.

Keep an eye on Cedric Jiles at CB. We should have a stout 2 deep at CB with Jiles and Cleveland backing up Calhoun and Redmond.

DL should have a stout #1 group with R Brown, C Jones, N Adams, AJ Jefferson.

Linebackers should be good with Benny, Richie, JT Gray, Gerri Green, and Dez Harris

Safety, I agree, it's time to let some youngsters play...Brandon Bryant and Jamal Peters hopefully win jobs.

RB should be better than ever. JRob, Shump, Aeris, and the new guys. Please get Holloway out of this group.

QB should be even better next season

WR's are going to be en fuego. We FINALLY started getting Ross the ball late and he showed what he can do. He will be an absolute monster next season, especially with so much attention on Wilson and our slot guys catching screens.

And as always, our biggest question mark will be the OL. Coach can brag on our OL til he's blue in the face...but when the chips were on the table, our OL wasn't good enough against Bama and OM. Until we start recruiting better at that position, we can't expect to win those monster games against good defenses.

In my opinion, it's time for Collins to live up to his mantra and put some psycho in that defense. We are far too talented on that side of the ball to play zone the entire game. It was an absolute tragedy that we didn't bring heat on Bo all night. And for God's sake, if you ARE going to play zone, you better be teaching your guys to wrap up and tackle, because the whole point of a zone is to prevent big plays....well....you failed. Time to regroup and drop the Chris Wilson act you pulled yesterday.

Agreed 100 percent on collins. he has pissed me off all year. that stunt with florida state trying to get a new contract last year is killing us now. if we wouldnt have done we might could have gotten muschamp. now were stuck with 1As and 1Bs

DudyDawg
11-30-2014, 12:07 PM
What game did Harris tear his acl. He could be a solid backer for us depending on his recovery. Desper played center in high school. Any chance he slides there and jamal takes over at guard?

CadaverDawg
11-30-2014, 12:08 PM
QB- we have our starter. Who emerges as the back-up?

RB- we'll be good here.

WR- Bear and the Fred's will be an outstanding group

TE- got some concern here. Walley is a role player. Hutchinson needs to come thru

OL- Malone and Senior are solid. Clayborn going to Center? Desper played well at times. Flowers? Hev is high on our two true Freshmen that RS'ed. J Johnson RS'ed and is healthy now. Rankin would be a big pull that's needed at OT. This position group's development this Spring is the most important to our team.

DL- Interesting to see if Quay follows thru and returns. Ryan Brown, Jones, AJ Jefferson, Nick James, Adams..we have some good players returning. Thomas coming in after RS'ing should be a big boost also

LB- Bennie is very good. Richie plays smart but lacks a little talent. Gerri Green needs to make an impact. JT Gray is talented. I dont have much faith in Jackson

CB- Redmond and Cleveland can play. Jiles returns. Someone else needs to step up

Safety- Market tore his Achilles. We need help here

Punter- Bell returns as does Cooke

Kicker- Soby had a good year and returns

We will be a good football team next year. Having to play Auburn, A&M, and UPig on the road will be tough. As will playing Bama and LSU at home

Don't forget Calhoun returning at CB.

Todd4State
11-30-2014, 12:14 PM
Oline:

Losing day, beckwith, and clausell. Senior was pretty good this year and I see no reason to think he won't be even better next year. Malone will be very good. Most likely we'll plug clayborn in at center. Can clayborn make the blocking calls? If he can, I think he can be an upgrade. He's one of our strongest players, so I think he could boost our running game.

Guard and tackle are the question marks. We HAVE to go all in on rankin. With OM returning both tackles, rankin has to see we are the best fit. Get rankin and I really think we'll be better on the oline.

Wr's:

We're loaded here imo. Bear, Ross, and brown can all play. In the slot, we'll be more explosive with Myles, graham, and gray.

Rb's:

Jrob and shump will be solid. Add in a good group of freshmen and aeris and we will be significantly better here

Qb:

No doubt we will be the best we've ever been here

Te:

Mojo is a huge loss. Can walley be an every down te?

Dline:

Chris jones must be the star he can be. He needs to be in the best shape of his life and dedicated to playing inside. Forget him playing de.

James also must come in shape. He will be very important to our success.

Brown and Jefferson are decent players.

How good are Thomas, Harris, and Coleman?

Swain is a very important recruit.

Calvin must step in and play well.

Lb:

B brown will anchor us. He's outstanding.

Richie brown, Harris, gray, green, and Jung will have to be good.

Cb's:

Redmond and Calhoun are solid. I like Cleveland. We need smitherman or stamps to be ready early

Safety:

Can Bryant play? Will we let mcLaurin and peters play early? I think we have to.

I think we will have a huge year offensively.

With us having a very good offense, it's time to put the psycho in our defense. The bend but don't break and mass subs must go. Take chances on defense bc our offense will be able to make up for mistakes imo.

I think 10-2 is possible again next season

QB- Dak will be better. We just need him to stay healthy.
RB- Robinson needs to work on his blocking. Shumpert should see more action next year. Williams is a wild card, and it would be nice to see some diamond formation stuff with the three backs that I mentioned.
WR- We're good on the outside, we just need to find a slot guy. I'm not worried about that with Gray, Dear, Mixon, Deddrick Thomas coming in and Myles.
TE- We need Rashun Dixon to step up. Bowl prep and the spring is going to do wonders for him. I can't see Walley being a good blocker. We should offer Allen, the JUCO TE for insurance purposes.
OL- Our worst case scenario is probably LT Senior, LG Desper, C Clayborn, RG Malone, RT Damien Robinson/Rufus Warren. Not a bad group and all upper classmen. Rankin would help us out a lot, and then Jocquell Johnson could help at T as well.
DL- Jones had a good year, Nick James is progressing, and then there are the Adams brothers. We should be better at DT next year. AJ, Brown, and then Calvin are all good players.
LB- MSU is LB U.
CB- Redmond and Calhoun are two of the better CB's in the SEC.
S- Yes, Bryant can play and yes we will let Peters play early.

DudyDawg
11-30-2014, 12:17 PM
Wouldn't be surprised to see desper at center and jamal at guard

MabenMaroon
11-30-2014, 12:25 PM
Bookmark this or archive it whatever the hell one does to save this.

Calhoun and Jenkins will be forces on the o-line

You will see more 1a/1b but primarily on the D-line as we push Harris, Hoyett, Thomas and Coleman up to SEC quality. ( possible Adams as true freshman )

Possible to play Darren McNair at olb/speed lb along with JT Gray will get substantial minutes or reps

A lot more two back sets with one rb functioning as te off the line, more of a blitz blockers and wheel routes receiving

Jamaal Peters will get substantial playing time at safety

Todd4State
11-30-2014, 12:50 PM
Bookmark this or archive it whatever the hell one does to save this.

Calhoun and Jenkins will be forces on the o-line

You will see more 1a/1b but primarily on the D-line as we push Harris, Hoyett, Thomas and Coleman up to SEC quality. ( possible Adams as true freshman )

Possible to play Darren McNair at olb/speed lb along with JT Gray will get substantial minutes or reps

A lot more two back sets with one rb functioning as te off the line, more of a blitz blockers and wheel routes receiving

Jamaal Peters will get substantial playing time at safety

I really like Jenkins a lot. Honestly, it would not shock me at all if he is the LT.

McNair is a freak of nature.

hailmari
11-30-2014, 01:03 PM
What game did Harris tear his acl. He could be a solid backer for us depending on his recovery. Desper played center in high school. Any chance he slides there and jamal takes over at guard?

I wanna say Auburn game for Dez. He'll be ready to play by season's start but he'll have some early adjusting to do. And I could see that OLine lineup going either way.

Also, I worried with safety the most. Brandon Bryant is a freak of nature, I just wonder if he has the instincts for it. Peters will play a lot as a freshman but he may outgrow it by his second year. We need him to be elite. I like Jonnas Spivey. Kid can ball on both sides.. Watch out for him coming in, he might can play safety. McLaurin may need to learn the position- high school QB.

Need more talent on the OLine. No bullcrap about that. We'd be unstoppable if we just had somewhat of a punch there. We've done well with what we have but gotta recruit better, and I like the guys we have committed this year. Moon is wait and see, but I really like the GA kid's video. Williams is smart and big. Champion has talent. We need a strong, mean basturd.

GTHOM
11-30-2014, 01:14 PM
I really think with Clayborne, Desper, and Malone inside we could be better up front

I seen it dawg
11-30-2014, 01:31 PM
No reason has been given by this staff to not expect to see Coman and Evans at safety. May as well get ready for it.

GreenheadDawg
11-30-2014, 01:34 PM
No reason has been given by this staff to not expect to see Coman and Evans at safety. May as well get ready for it.

Yep, and neither have SEC talent

GTHOM
11-30-2014, 01:42 PM

they both have played well at times, theyre both always around the ball. i do think peters and bryant should be given a shot though

I seen it dawg
11-30-2014, 01:45 PM
they both have played well at times, theyre both always around the ball. i do think peters and bryant should be given a shot though

I agree but I just don't have faith we are going to stick guys back there that haven't seen the field. We are gonna have to hope that Coman and Evans just get better. There were flashes at times and hopefully the year grows em up.

GTHOM
11-30-2014, 01:50 PM
I agree but I just don't have faith we are going to stick guys back there that haven't seen the field. We are gonna have to hope that Coman and Evans just get better. There were flashes at times and hopefully the year grows em up.

theres no doubt collins will start coman and evans, maybe they will have to start bryant or peters but they will have to show out and then some in spring and fall camp

msstate7
11-30-2014, 01:53 PM
If saban isn't above starting freshmen, Dan certainly shouldn't be. If peters is good enough to start, we have to start him. If you sign blue chip recruits and make them back up far less talented players, don't expect to sign many blue chips

GreenheadDawg
11-30-2014, 01:55 PM
If saban isn't above starting freshmen, Dan certainly shouldn't be. If peters is good enough to start, we have to start him. If you sign blue chip recruits and make them back up far less talented players, don't expect to sign many blue chips

Spot on. They are not looking to come in and be a back-up because of seniority

defiantdog
11-30-2014, 01:58 PM
theres no doubt collins will start coman and evans, maybe they will have to start bryant or peters but they will have to show out and then some in spring and fall camp

Coman and Evans are both only sophmores..... so yes, they will be in the rotation next year. But Market will be back, and he'll probably get the starting nod. I hope Bryant beats out Evans for that other spot. And Peters will definitely be in the rotation next year. I hope we keep him at safety..... imagine a guy playing safety who's 6'3", 220 (once he hits State's weight room) and runs a 4.3 forty..... sick

msstate7
11-30-2014, 02:03 PM
Coman and Evans are both only sophmores..... so yes, they will be in the rotation next year. But Market will be back, and he'll probably get the starting nod. I hope Bryant beats out Evans for that other spot. And Peters will definitely be in the rotation next year. I hope we keep him at safety..... imagine a guy playing safety who's 6'3", 220 (once he hits State's weight room) and runs a 4.3 forty..... sick

Size and speed... Haven't had that combination since Whitley pre-injury

GreenheadDawg
11-30-2014, 02:03 PM

If Peters isn't playing SIGNIFICANT snaps next season.. I'm gonna lose my shit for good. I've seen him play and he has more talent than the entire unit this year combined. He could be our Landon Collins or Tony Connor. He's that good. If he redshirts then Mullen or Collins should be fired. We can't afford to not have that much talent on the field

DudyDawg
11-30-2014, 02:05 PM
I think Coman and evans will be vastly improved. They just flat out Weren't ready to play this year. They will be next year. I don't expect much out of market bc Achilles is tough to deal with. What is quadry Antoine? If peters is all he's cracked up to be and shows it in practice, he will play significant minutes. Dan isn't that dumb. I hope...

defiantdog
11-30-2014, 02:10 PM
If Peters isn't playing SIGNIFICANT snaps next season.. I'm gonna lose my shit for good. I've seen him play and he has more talent than the entire unit this year combined. He could be our Landon Collins or Tony Connor. He's that good. If he redshirts then Mullen or Collins should be fired. We can't afford to not have that much talent on the field

He won't redshirt. Under Mullen, it's the player's choice to redshirt. And just like Shump last year, Peters will want to play. I also expect McLaurin to play. McLaurin is a ball hog who's also 6'3". He may not be as fast as Peters, but he can react to the ball like no other..... watch this catch if you don't believe me.....
www.hudl.com/embed/athlete/2182649/highlights/204140171

defiantdog
11-30-2014, 02:22 PM
Deddrick Thomas will also play next year..... his kick off return ability is second to none. I expect him and D. Gray to be back there next year.

GreenheadDawg
11-30-2014, 02:45 PM
He won't redshirt. Under Mullen, it's the player's choice to redshirt. And just like Shump last year, Peters will want to play. I also expect McLaurin to play. McLaurin is a ball hog who's also 6'3". He may not be as fast as Peters, but he can react to the ball like no other..... watch this catch if you don't believe me.....
www.hudl.com/embed/athlete/2182649/highlights/204140171

Damn. That's a hell of a catch. I think any safety coming in has a chance to play considering what we have there in '15

GreenheadDawg
11-30-2014, 02:48 PM
I think Coman and evans will be vastly improved. They just flat out Weren't ready to play this year. They will be next year. I don't expect much out of market bc Achilles is tough to deal with. What is quadry Antoine? If peters is all he's cracked up to be and shows it in practice, he will play significant minutes. Dan isn't that dumb. I hope...

What makes you think they will be vastly improved. I'm honestly very curious. I can't count the number of times they were torched because they just didn't have the speed and hip quickness to recover. I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see SEC talent there

CadaverDawg
11-30-2014, 03:16 PM
Good news is, Bryant and Peters will probably be "1B" (sigh) at worst...So they should have the opportunity to earn more and more valuable minutes

LC Dawg
11-30-2014, 09:27 PM
Who takes Wells' spot? I think he's the hardest player to replace because of what he allows us to do on defense. I say if you take him out for the year and replace him with Jackson we would have at least two more losses.

CadaverDawg
11-30-2014, 09:29 PM
Who takes Wells' spot? I think he's the hardest player to replace because of what he allows us to do on defense. I say if you take him out for the year and replace him with Jackson we would have at least two more losses.

Well, it was supposed to be Jackson, but he has proven incapable. So my guess is JT Gray. All signs point to him being moved to the hybrid LB role and he was extremely active in his limited chances this season. Looks like a future stud

LC Dawg
11-30-2014, 09:41 PM
Well, it was supposed to be Jackson, but he has proven incapable. So my guess is JT Gray. All signs point to him being moved to the hybrid LB role and he was extremely active in his limited chances this season. Looks like a future stud

Thanks, that's good to hear. I liked what I saw of Gray in the Vandy game.

CadaverDawg
11-30-2014, 09:46 PM
Thanks, that's good to hear. I liked what I saw of Gray in the Vandy game.

Yea, I'm sure he will have to start out as a 1B, but it won't take but a few times of seeing Zach Jackson getting burnt by a TE for Collins to make the switch. I fully expect the starting LB's to be Benny, Richie, and Zack Jackson at the beginning of the season. I'm guessing Gerri Green, Dez Harris, and JT Gray will be the 1B's. I feel like I'm leaving a LB off that was pretty highly recruited though...someone help me out if so. I'll go check the roster.

CadaverDawg
11-30-2014, 09:52 PM
Couldn't find who I was looking for. Didn't we have a guy named Cooper that maybe had to go JUCO, that will be back next season? I may be confused. Oh well, we should be in good shape at LB, especially if Harris heals up nicely and Gerri green is what we think he is.

GTHOM
11-30-2014, 09:54 PM
Couldn't find who I was looking for. Didn't we have a guy named Cooper that maybe had to go JUCO, that will be back next season? I may be confused. Oh well, we should be in good shape at LB, especially if Harris heals up nicely and Gerri green is what we think he is.

Deshon Cooper

Ifyouonlyknew
11-30-2014, 10:03 PM
Jung will figure in the LB rotation & Cooper is a 2016 kid won't be back this year.

CadaverDawg
11-30-2014, 10:19 PM
Deshon Cooper

Thanks, that was him.

CadaverDawg
11-30-2014, 10:20 PM
Jung will figure in the LB rotation & Cooper is a 2016 kid won't be back this year.

Yea, didn't think about Jung. What type of player is Jung? Is he a big guy or a speedster? More of a MLB, OLB, or S/LB hybrid?

LC Dawg
11-30-2014, 10:47 PM
I feel better about next year after reading this thread. However, I am still trying to drink off this Egg Bowl loss.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-30-2014, 10:49 PM
Jung definitely a speedster. Could play the Wells role.

CadaverDawg
11-30-2014, 11:18 PM
Jung definitely a speedster. Could play the Wells role.

That's good. What is his current height, weight, 40?

Ifyouonlyknew
11-30-2014, 11:22 PM
6'4" 220lbs 4.4-4.5 40

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3171920/highlights/184277375

CadaverDawg
11-30-2014, 11:23 PM
6'4" 220lbs 4.4-4.5 40

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3171920/highlights/184277375

Thanks brother