Orange: $18,000,000
Fiesta: $18,000,000
Cotton: $3,625,000
Peach: $2,932,000

I want Miami.

http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/bowl_games_bowl_schedule.html

msstate7
11-30-2014, 01:34 AM
Any tie ins? Who would be the likely opponent?

RIdog
11-30-2014, 01:35 AM
Any tie ins? Who would be the likely opponent?

Georgia Tech (ACC tie in)

msstate7
11-30-2014, 01:41 AM
Georgia Tech (ACC tie in)

Do they have a good te? Lord knows we can't cover one*

Todd4State
11-30-2014, 01:53 AM
Georgia Tech is probably the best Power five team to play with a weak secondary. We're going to have to be fundamentally sound on defense and play assignment football, but we also have a month to do so. Playing them might be a big blessing for us because it's going to force our defense to focus on tackling fundamentals.

FlabLoser
11-30-2014, 01:55 AM
I guess we are the 1st SEC team out of the playoffs. Capital One (Citrus) has 1st pick..they only pay 4 & change and after that the SEC picks everything.

I guess that means we're in the Orange. Or should be. Whatever, I still see us being snubbed for a name brand - Auburn, UGA, LSU, even UF.

As some of our players tweeted this week, we have to "make them believe" or "remove all doubt". Run the table because we can't win a beauty pageant otherwise.

mstatefan91
11-30-2014, 02:23 AM
I guess we are the 1st SEC team out of the playoffs. Capital One (Citrus) has 1st pick..they only pay 4 & change and after that the SEC picks everything.

I guess that means we're in the Orange. Or should be. Whatever, I still see us being snubbed for a name brand - Auburn, UGA, LSU, even UF.

As some of our players tweeted this week, we have to "make them believe" or "remove all doubt". Run the table because we can't win a beauty pageant otherwise.

As the 2nd place team in the West with only 2 losses in conference, we should be prime pickings. No way they pick AU or UGA over us as those are the only other reasonable options from the SEC. If they do, then our brand has not progressed as far as we thought it had this season...

(excuse me... I should include TSUN. They have only 3 losses...)

messageboardsuperhero
11-30-2014, 02:45 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't all the SEC's bowl money just go into a pot and is split up? Again, I could be wrong about that...

Anyway, I'd LOVE to play GT in the Orange Bowl, if that's possible. Paul Johnson teams are traditionally awful in bowl games because of the amount of time teams have to prepare for that offense- plus it plays to our strengths defensively.

Dawg61
11-30-2014, 03:04 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't all the SEC's bowl money just go into a pot and is split up? Again, I could be wrong about that...

Anyway, I'd LOVE to play GT in the Orange Bowl, if that's possible. Paul Johnson teams are traditionally awful in bowl games because of the amount of time teams have to prepare for that offense- plus it plays to our strengths defensively.

You're correct however I think we still get a slightly larger piece from our game than the other 14 (one is the SEC itself).

dickiedawg
11-30-2014, 08:07 AM
True. If nothing has changed, the money is split 16 ways, with each school plus the conference office getting a share, and the team getting 2 shares.

starkvegasdawg
11-30-2014, 08:16 AM
As the 2nd place team in the West with only 2 losses in conference, we should be prime pickings. No way they pick AU or UGA over us as those are the only other reasonable options from the SEC. If they do, then our brand has not progressed as far as we thought it had this season...

(excuse me... I should include TSUN. They have only 3 losses...)

I don't think they can pick a team like UF or auburn over us. One of the rules of the new system is you can't jump one team with a team with fewer wins. If we have 6 conference wins only a team with an equal number could take our spot. I would think our only competition would be UGA.

Statefan
11-30-2014, 09:21 AM
I don't think they can pick a team like UF or auburn over us. One of the rules of the new system is you can't jump one team with a team with fewer wins. If we have 6 conference wins only a team with an equal number could take our spot. I would think our only competition would be UGA.

And UGA cannot go because they have already played GTech, which will likely be the only option for the ACC's side of the Orange. But how about Mizzou? Aren't they technically 2nd in the conference?

Aces High
11-30-2014, 09:23 AM
I believe cotton is 24 million and peach the same. I think all the top bowls are the same payout or close to it.

Political Hack
11-30-2014, 09:38 AM
Does Orange have to pick an ACC team if the ACC#1 is in the playoff?

Jacksondevildog
11-30-2014, 09:44 AM
True. If nothing has changed, the money is split 16 ways, with each school plus the conference office getting a share, and the team getting 2 shares.

Ok. So if we go to the Orange, how much of the 18 million would we get?

dogstain
11-30-2014, 09:47 AM
I believe those are the old payouts. The newest ones are here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_college_bowl_games). Will we be knocked out of the committee bowls? If so Capital One gets first pick then the SEC office makes all the decisions, with no rules.

I think the team that plays in a given bowl gets half of the payout and the other half goes into the pot to be split among the rest of the SEC

Political Hack
11-30-2014, 09:53 AM
I believe those are the old payouts. The newest ones are here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_college_bowl_games). Will we be knocked out of the committee bowls? If so Capital One gets first pick then the SEC office makes all the decisions, with no rules.

I think the team that plays in a given bowl gets half of the payout and the other half goes into the pot to be split among the rest of the SEC

Cap One gets the first pick after the selection committee places the top 12 teams in the Sugar, Rose, Orange, Fiesta, Peach, and Cotton. This year it will be the top 11 because Boise will take one spot. If we stay in the top 11, I'd think we end up in the Orange, Peach, or Cotton.

Mjoelner34
11-30-2014, 09:54 AM

I'm not sure but I think that the participating team gets 30% of the bowl money off of the top and the remaining 70% is split up evenly.

1bigdawg
11-30-2014, 10:13 AM
I believe cotton is 24 million and peach the same. I think all the top bowls are the same payout or close to it.

Aces is correct. All of the Big Six have the same payout. And the Committee assigns teams to the Big Six, not just the playoff. As long as we are ranked 11th or higher, I believe we will go to the Orange Bowl. Of course, I am assuming Bama wins next week.

War Machine Dawg
11-30-2014, 10:33 AM
Hell no. For fan experience, I want Cotton or Peach. We'll travel to those bowls very well. If we go to Orange, I won't be able to make it, and I'm sure there will be plenty of others in the same boat. Plus, I really want to see Jerry World.

Aces High
11-30-2014, 10:38 AM
Im looking forward to an Orange Bowl and staying in Key West

dickiedawg
11-30-2014, 11:13 AM
The way I see it, it comes down to whether we or the highest non-champion B1G team is ranked higher- that's whom the committee will place in Miami against GT.

I'm a little torn. On one hand, the Orange would be a little more prestigious, GT would be a winnable, competitive game and would be immeasurably more preferable than potentially playing a crappy "group of 5" opponent.
OtOH, Dallas or Atlanta are WAY easier drives. We would send tons of fans to either of those games. I've said for weeks either of those would be the next best thing if we didn't make the playoffs.

civildawg
11-30-2014, 11:15 AM
I am praying for Dallas. Miami would kill my pocket book

dawgman
11-30-2014, 12:18 PM

Capital one now sponsors the Orange

Political Hack
11-30-2014, 12:29 PM
Aces is correct. All of the Big Six have the same payout. And the Committee assigns teams to the Big Six, not just the playoff. As long as we are ranked 11th or higher, I believe we will go to the Orange Bowl. Of course, I am assuming Bama wins next week.

I think it's actually 10 or higher if GaTech is an auto bid to the Orange as the 1st available ACC team. They will pack that place with dozens and dozens of fans who occasionally clap.