PDA

View Full Version : Dan Mullen Post Game Presser

TXDawg
11-30-2014, 12:35 AM
"It sucks...We're here to build a team that's going to FINISH number one. It's been a great season, I'm really proud of our guys. We came here to build a championship program - I don't see y'all laughing about that anymore like y'all have the last couple years..."

Say what you want about his coaching performance in the Bama and UM games, but he's PISSED after this loss and the reality is that HE'S grown a lot this season. Not only is this the first time the program has been to this point, but it's also the first time HE'S been at this point as the head coach of a program. He'll learn from it just like the rest of us will.

Finally, to all of you who are saying "This was THE year" or "We'll never be in this position again", that's EXACTLY the mentality Mullen knew he had to destroy within our program when he arrived. Seems to me like he's driven it out of the program, now we just need to purge it from the fanbase.

I've been a State fan for 30+ years and have been cautiously optimistic all season long. This loss hurts like hell, but I refuse to view it as an indication that the last 6 years have been for nothing. Is Mullen perfect? No. Is he the best thing that's happened to this program in the last 100+ years? I think so. He's building a consistent contender and that's all we (or any fanbase) can realistically ask for.

SDDawg
11-30-2014, 12:39 AM
Great post. He's not happy with 10 - 2, he is pissed that we lost twice on the road to beatable teams. And by God he hate that smug fake ass Christian Freeze, as he should. If we had played out of hate tonight the way they did, it may have been different.

Todd4State
11-30-2014, 12:42 AM
What happened today and against Bama was actually my biggest fear because we have never experienced this situation before- or at least in a long while. But now we have that experience- and now we know what we need to do going forward.

Those two losses will have a profound impact on our team next year in a good way.

hells bells
11-30-2014, 12:48 AM
Posted on another thread. Bottom line, out played today from top to bottom. Freeze did his job, Mullen fell short. Every team has set backs. This is not a set back, it is a learning moment and do not forget it. Never underestimate the will to win. We lost to it today. 2009 reverse.

tupelopix
11-30-2014, 12:55 AM
Well said. Today sux, and Mullen is 1 of 3 against Freeze, but he's taken a program out of the ashes and built a contender in the toughest division in all of CFB. We've come a long way.

Charlie_Sheen420
11-30-2014, 01:08 AM
I was smiling during that post game presser because he was truly pissed off. I love it because that is the kind of intensity he needs to have to take this program to the next level. He will be working the hell out of his players these next few weeks, and I expect the team to come out like gangbusters in the bowl game. I believe that post game shows Dan plans on being at State for a long time and being the man to try and take State to a level no one ever thought it could get to. Some bearsharks are trying to stir shit up saying he threw some people under the bus in that post-game when all he did was state the obvious that the defense gave up big plays that shouldn't have happened, and then Dan took blame for the offense as he should have. We all know that hypocritical preaching beaver loves to throw anyone under the bus when he can to escape taking the blame himself.

Also, Dak was quoted tonight saying he plans on returning next year 100% unless he were to be projected as a 1st or 2nd round draft pick. I'm already ready for the Egg Bowl in Starkville in 365 days....

Liverpooldawg
11-30-2014, 01:11 AM
"It sucks...We're here to build a team that's going to FINISH number one. It's been a great season, I'm really proud of our guys. We came here to build a championship program - I don't see y'all laughing about that anymore like y'all have the last couple years..."

Say what you want about his coaching performance in the Bama and UM games, but he's PISSED after this loss and the reality is that HE'S grown a lot this season. Not only is this the first time the program has been to this point, but it's also the first time HE'S been at this point as the head coach of a program. He'll learn from it just like the rest of us will.

Finally, to all of you who are saying "This was THE year" or "We'll never be in this position again", that's EXACTLY the mentality Mullen knew he had to destroy within our program when he arrived. Seems to me like he's driven it out of the program, now we just need to purge it from the fanbase.

I've been a State fan for 30+ years and have been cautiously optimistic all season long. This loss hurts like hell, but I refuse to view it as an indication that the last 6 years have been for nothing. Is Mullen perfect? No. Is he the best thing that's happened to this program in the last 100+ years? I think so. He's building a consistent contender and that's all we (or any fanbase) can realistically ask for.

Yep. That's why I say it was the worst season ever for me. We have raised the bar and sooner or later if we leave Dan alone he is going to break that bar from the underside.

drunkernhelldawg
11-30-2014, 01:23 AM
I wasn't a huge fan of the press conference. Seemed a little too close to the sleeve. I like Mullen as a coach just fine, but today is not red letter.

FlabLoser
11-30-2014, 01:45 AM
Mullen thinks if we beat OM, we still wouldn't have made the playoffs. Maybe he told his players that in practice, I dunno.

The team that wanted to win the most, won. Why is home field so huge int he EB? Wallace was on one wheel. Treadwell was on a scooter. Sanders got hurt during the game.

We can't adjust to OM's 3-3-5. Or Bamas 3-4.

I think its 60% on coaching, 40% on recruiting. Just my opinion.

Todd4State
11-30-2014, 01:59 AM
Mullen thinks if we beat OM, we still wouldn't have made the playoffs. Maybe he told his players that in practice, I dunno.

The team that wanted to win the most, won. Why is home field so huge int he EB? Wallace was on one wheel. Treadwell was on a scooter. Sanders got hurt during the game.

I do think that there is something to homefield in the Egg Bowl. For one thing, it's easier to play at home no matter who you are. Honestly, it may be the turf. Our grass slows them down on offense and their turf isn't to our advantage for what we like to do.

I think a lot of it today was a complete lack of focus on our part. Letting the team go home for Thanksgiving, etc. You just can't do that.

mstatefan91
11-30-2014, 02:31 AM

Where are you getting the bolded from? The presser? Genuinely curious

Nvm. Found it. Wow...