PDA

View Full Version : Why do u sit a 1st RD LB for half the game

Apoplectic
11-29-2014, 11:16 PM
An emerging 1st rd LB, and 3rd rd hybrid LB To put in a bunch of 2 and 3 stars?

bulldawg28
11-30-2014, 08:39 AM
That's not the only problem with the defense. Collins is determined to run a basic 4-3 defense leaving a LB in regardless of how many Wr's a team has in. It continues to isolate Lbs creating mismatches for us all year. Ole Miss just like every other team exploited it. Collins needs to keep in some sort of nickel package and stop being a LB bonehead. It's one of the dumbest things he continues to do.

defiantdog
11-30-2014, 08:56 AM
They hit the big plays on us when we were in zone. And our safeties were constantly out of position.

There were a few plays where Redmond, Cleveland, Love and Calhoun were all in the game. We played nickel at times

Intramural All-American
11-30-2014, 08:58 AM
We lost the game because we refused to cover Engram. He was running wide open all game, and we never did anything to stop it. That's the most frustrating thing.

basedog
11-30-2014, 09:00 AM
We play too reserve on defense, we have to be more aggressive, Qb's killed us with the long passes when we had little to know pressure. Safety play is our biggest concern on defense. Being 117th in the country on pass defense says alot!

Dawgface
11-30-2014, 09:07 AM
Haven't you heard about the great benefits of the 1a 1b system?***

Aces High
11-30-2014, 09:36 AM
That first rounder was a 2star dipshit.

defiantdog
11-30-2014, 09:39 AM
That first rounder was a 2star dipshit.

And his replacement, R. brown, was a 4 star

Political Hack
11-30-2014, 09:43 AM
They hit the big plays on us when we were in zone. And our safeties were constantly out of position.

There were a few plays where Redmond, Cleveland, Love and Calhoun were all in the game. We played nickel at times

I can't for the life of me understand why our safeties can't comprehend "no one gets behind you." I also can't understand how you let the best WR in the country get isolated on one of our safeties in the red zone (Bama game). We shit the bed a lot defensively this year. We played a bend-don't-break style all year, but still gave up huge plays consistently. We've got to retool the S spot in the spring. We need to move some people over, go to a single S, or hope like hell one of these young kids can play.

defiantdog
11-30-2014, 09:59 AM
I can't for the life of me understand why our safeties can't comprehend "no one gets behind you." I also can't understand how you let the best WR in the country get isolated on one of our safeties in the red zone (Bama game). We shit the bed a lot defensively this year. We played a bend-don't-break style all year, but still gave up huge plays consistently. We've got to retool the S spot in the spring. We need to move some people over, go to a single S, or hope like hell one of these young kids can play.

Completely agree..... Also, Evans can't tackle worth a damn and Coman took out one of our best DL in Chris Jones because he whiffed a tackle. Peters, Bryant and Mclaurin better be ready

dawgs
11-30-2014, 12:39 PM
Seemed like every time engram caught a big pass he was getting chased down by a 1B LB. We're gonna miss wells' coverage ability more than McKinney imo. Damn near every big pass play over the middle all season would be johnson or Holmes getting smoked. Rarely happened to wells.