PDA

View Full Version : All week my dad asked what new wrinkle Mullen would put in for OM...

IMissJack
11-29-2014, 10:44 PM
obviously nothing. I am beyond disappointed today. I believe Coach has said in the past that in every off week, we spend one day on the egg bowl prep. I find that hard to believe after today.

Jacksondevildog
11-29-2014, 10:45 PM
Freeze had some trick plays and misdirection plays designed for us and we didn't have jack shit. No imagination.

klong-dog
11-29-2014, 10:48 PM
Seriously I kept thinking I would see some sorta trickeration. With a play where either Myles or Lewis with a possibility to throw it. Or even a screen play to one of the two mentioned or a tailback.

HoopsDawg
11-29-2014, 10:50 PM
Freeze had some trick plays and misdirection plays designed for us and we didn't have jack shit. No imagination.

Freeze must have watched our game film and said "oh my god, why isn't everyone attack the middle of their secondary". We had no answer down the middle of the field and frankly that's been true all year.

IMissJack
11-29-2014, 10:53 PM
Seriously I kept thinking I would see some sorta trickeration. With a play where either Myles or Lewis with a possibility to throw it. Or even a screen play to one of the two mentioned or a tailback.

What is amazing to me about that is how bad Dan burned OM in the past with screens to Ladarius Perkins and company.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
11-29-2014, 10:56 PM
obviously nothing. I am beyond disappointed today. I believe Coach has said in the past that in every off week, we spend one day on the egg bowl prep. I find that hard to believe after today.

The same wrinkles we put in back in 2012, obviously. It looks like we are still sitting up our opposition .

klong-dog
11-29-2014, 11:08 PM
Yes indeed. Perkins fresh and soph years we ate them a live with the screens. Don't think we've seen one the last 3 years. Mind boggling.

Coach 57
11-29-2014, 11:20 PM
You can't run a screen successfully Vs a 3-3-5 with the amount of speed they have. It wouldn't have worked.

GTHOM
11-29-2014, 11:57 PM
You can't run a screen successfully Vs a 3-3-5 with the amount of speed they have. It wouldn't have worked.

But you should be able to run the ball on it for the most part, we could have but mullen insists on only letting dak really run it straight ahead, he has handicapped him in the read option game. he gives it every time, regardless of what his key does

Tdawg
11-30-2014, 12:23 AM
But you should be able to run the ball on it for the most part, we could have but mullen insists on only letting dak really run it straight ahead, he has handicapped him in the read option game. he gives it every time, regardless of what his key does

Look, we got our ass kicked up front. It's pretty simple. Game plans and trick plays don't mean crap when you get whipped up front. If our staff made a mistake it was underestimating the ability of their front 6

GTHOM
11-30-2014, 12:29 AM
Look, we got our ass kicked up front. It's pretty simple. Game plans and trick plays don't mean crap when you get whipped up front. If our staff made a mistake it was underestimating the ability of their front 6

I was surprised our o line got beat up front too but....running a read option without letting your running threat of a QB keep the ball is like running it with tyler russell. stupid. ass. coaching.

Coach 57
11-30-2014, 08:23 AM
It was hard too gauge whether to keep or let it go Vs the 3-3-5. They put Conner at the LOS and when Dak thought he was coming he'd bail. Two guys that showed out for them was Nkemdiche & Conner. Conner confused Dak a lot in this game. When you have THAT much speed at DB but yet size too (they might have under sizes OLBs but not at safety) it can make it tough.