PDA

View Full Version : Can we finish the job next year?

Quaoarsking
11-29-2014, 10:36 PM
We will have to replace 3 starters on the OL, M. Johnson, McKinney, and Wells. We've already won big games without Jameon, and we should be fine on the DL. Dak and Josh Robinson will surely be back.

We get LSU, Alabama, and Ole Miss all at home. We'll have to go on the road to play Arkansas, Auburn, Texas A&M, and Missouri.

Can we get to 11-1 next year and make the playoffs? I'm not saying we definitely will or anything, but yes, I see no reason why we can't.

Jacksondevildog
11-29-2014, 10:39 PM
Here's my prediction in SEC games:

LSU W
Alabama L
Ole Miss W
@aTm L
@ Arkansas L
@ Auburn L
Thursday night @ Missouri Push
Kentucky W

3-5 or 4-4 in SEC. That's being realistic and thats with us beating LSU at home.

Smitty
11-29-2014, 10:41 PM
LSU, Auburn, A+M, Arkansas will ALL be improved, IMO. (3 of these on the road)
Missouri is B2B east champs... trading Vandy for that.... on the road
Mullen vs Saban.
U never know in the Egg Bowl.

I dont see another chance like we had this year.

msstate7
11-29-2014, 10:42 PM
I think we'll be better in the slot with gray and Myles.

IF our line is serviceable, I think we're even better offensively.

Defense question marks:

Safety
Dline
Lb

Saltydog
11-29-2014, 10:44 PM
NT

DudyDawg
11-29-2014, 10:46 PM
I dont see another chance like we had this year.

Poor ol Mitippi Tate

IMissJack
11-29-2014, 10:47 PM
I don't want to sound like Rev. Freeze, but until we recruit better on the OL, we won't do much in this league consistently.

Smitty
11-29-2014, 10:48 PM
Poor ol Mitippi Tate

Clown patrol

HoopsDawg
11-29-2014, 10:48 PM
I don't want to sound like Rev. Freeze, but until we recruit better on the OL, we won't do much in this league consistently.

The cold hard truth my friend.

Smitty
11-29-2014, 10:49 PM

Yep.

Dawgface
11-29-2014, 10:51 PM
8-4 tops.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
11-29-2014, 10:52 PM

Buh, buh, buh, Hevesy is the best developer of talent we have.

IMissJack
11-29-2014, 10:55 PM
Buh, buh, buh, Hevesy is the best developer of talent we have.

Maybe so, but imagine what he could develop a 4* into.

msstate7
11-29-2014, 10:57 PM

We got 445 yards against OM and 428 against bama. Was our oline great? No, but we moved the ball against good defenses.

I think safety play and questionable defensive personnel decisions were a much bigger factor in our 2 losses. Along with bad play calling on offense

IMissJack
11-29-2014, 11:01 PM
Perhaps, but the lack of our ability to consistently control the LOS limited the play calling ability, IMO.

Chip
11-29-2014, 11:06 PM
It would be nice to get OLs Jamal Danley and Martinas Rankin... Work to be done.

DLGDawg
11-29-2014, 11:15 PM
Unlike years past...I see no games that we would consider unwinnable. This year has changed that line of thinking.

Here's my prediction in SEC games:

LSU W
Alabama L
Ole Miss W
@aTm L
@ Arkansas L
@ Auburn L
Thursday night @ Missouri Push
Kentucky W

3-5 or 4-4 in SEC. That's being realistic and thats with us beating LSU at home.

Smitty
11-29-2014, 11:21 PM
Unlike years past...I see no games that we would consider unwinnable. This year has changed that line of thinking.

Right but there are many a toss up

msstate7
11-29-2014, 11:23 PM

There were many this year too

Quaoarsking
11-29-2014, 11:25 PM
Uh, that's very WISHFUL thinking Quaoarsking.....

Why? Dak and Robinson will improve and be even better next year. We know Clayborn and Desper can play -- as long as we can find a serviceable tackle to replace Clausell, the offense should be just as good or better next year.

Defensively, we'll take a step back but the 1A/1B stuff should pay off, and we'll still have a very solid front 7.

The schedule is always going to be brutal, but getting Alabama and Ole Miss at home helps. We probably would've beaten both of them this year had we played in Starkville. The home game against LSU in week #2 is an absolute MUST win.

Again, not saying that we absolutely will go 11-1 next year, but we totally deserve to be 10-2 this year, no flukes, and I don't see us taking a huge step back. No wishful thinking.

Smitty
11-29-2014, 11:26 PM
There were many this year too

We saw how that ended up too.

msstate7
11-29-2014, 11:27 PM
We saw how that ended up too.
Lsu, aTm, and auburn were toss ups coming into this year too. We won those

Quaoarsking
11-29-2014, 11:32 PM
Lsu, aTm, and auburn were toss ups coming into this year too. We won those

Most people on the boards didn't even consider LSU and Auburn tossups 3 months ago.

DLGDawg
11-29-2014, 11:33 PM
Agree with that for sure. The West will be brutal again. Never in my 46 years have I seen a division this deep.

DownwardDawg
11-29-2014, 11:34 PM
No. 8-4 or 9-3 at best. This was the year.

Coach 57
11-29-2014, 11:34 PM
I think we repeat the performance of 10-2. It'll be hard to go 11-1. But Bama loses Sims, Auburn will lose Marshall, Ole Miss loses Wallace, LSU still don't have a QB. It's going to be tough to go to Aggie land and pull it out but I think we'll have the senior leadership to do it and repeat a 10+ win season.

GTHOM
11-29-2014, 11:35 PM
I think we can get it done, as long as the OL is serviceable and the coaches dont run read option with dak and tell him to give it no matter what...

dickiedawg
11-30-2014, 08:12 AM
I'm very optimistic about next year. There's no reason to expect us to take a step back, assuming Prescott and Mullen are back.

EngineerDawg
11-30-2014, 08:18 AM
Sights are set on 12-0 with 9-3 a realism.

State82
11-30-2014, 08:46 AM
No. 8-4 or 9-3 at best. This was the year.

That's the way I see it. Still a very solid season but no playoff.

Saltydog
11-30-2014, 09:02 AM
nt

Political Hack
11-30-2014, 09:26 AM
LSU - Loss
Bama - Loss
OM - Win
@Arky - Loss
@A&M - Win
@Auburn - Win
@Mizzu - Win
Kentucky - Win

9-3

GTHOM
11-30-2014, 11:59 AM
LSU - Loss
Bama - Loss
OM - Win
@Arky - Loss
@A&M - Win
@Auburn - Win
@Mizzu - Win
Kentucky - Win

9-3

If we lose to LSU at home i will be very pissed. No reason too. Arkansas is winnable too. No reason we cant do the same as we did this year or better

DudyDawg
11-30-2014, 12:11 PM
If we lose to LSU at home i will be very pissed. No reason too. Arkansas is winnable too. No reason we cant do the same as we did this year or better

Agreed. No sims, marshall, bo, lsu still has no qb. We beat aubie arky and om, split lsu bama IMO. Dak is the best qb in the league bar none next season, like he was for that three game stretch this year. That's huge. Don't discount we had a guy leading the heisman race week 9 COMING BACK next year

Quaoarsking
11-30-2014, 12:32 PM
LSU is an absolute must win next year. We'll be ranked in the top 10, they'll be ranked around 20 or so. We just can't lose to them at home and expect to better than 7-5/8-4.

Political Hack
11-30-2014, 12:32 PM

LSU has the best group of freshmen in the country. They are going to be very good next year and may win the West.

MabenMaroon
11-30-2014, 12:35 PM
I think you are dead on the above, this ain'y your daddy's MSU no more

msstate7
11-30-2014, 12:39 PM
LSU has the best group of freshmen in the country. They are going to be very good next year and may win the West.

They'll still be a one dimensional offense unless a qb pops up out of nowhere. Without even looking at their roster, I know they'll lose juniors to the draft. They always do.

Todd4State
11-30-2014, 12:41 PM
Sights are set on 12-0 with 9-3 a realism.

This is where I am right now. I expect our team to be pissed and take care of business next year.

Quaoarsking
11-30-2014, 12:47 PM

But Dak >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jennings. And we have the homefield advantage.

Political Hack
11-30-2014, 12:48 PM
They'll still be a one dimensional offense unless a qb pops up out of nowhere. Without even looking at their roster, I know they'll lose juniors to the draft. They always do.

they have arguably the best freshman QB in the country... and one of the best offensive coaching staffs in the country to develop him, along with a stud OL, stud RB, and stud WRs. I think they're going to be ok offensively after a spring, summer, and fall camp.

I think they lose 4 starters between offense and defense, and none on special teams. This, from a team that took the #1 team in America to OT. They're going to be DAMN good.

Political Hack
11-30-2014, 12:52 PM
But Dak >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jennings. And we have the homefield advantage.

I fully expect Harris to be their starter by next season.

And Fournette > our RBs
their WRs > our WRs
their TEs > our TEs
their OL > our OL
their DBs > our DBs
their special teams > our special teams

We have an advantage in the front 7 and at QB. That's the only place I see it. That and home field.

Todd4State
11-30-2014, 12:52 PM
they have arguably the best freshman QB in the country... and one of the best offensive coaching staffs in the country to develop him, along with a stud OL, stud RB, and stud WRs. I think they're going to be ok offensively after a spring, summer, and fall camp.

I think they lose 4 starters between offense and defense, and none on special teams. This, from a team that took the #1 team in America to OT. They're going to be DAMN good.

Yep and we have them at home with a QB and RB pissed off that they didn't get offers from them.

msstate7
11-30-2014, 01:03 PM
I fully expect Harris to be their starter by next season.

And Fournette > our RBs
their WRs > our WRs
their TEs > our TEs
their OL > our OL
their DBs > our DBs
their special teams > our special teams

We have an advantage in the front 7 and at QB. That's the only place I see it. That and home field.

How would you rate those same position groups this year? I'd say they had all of those same advantages this year too minus te

GTHOM
11-30-2014, 01:07 PM
Harris didnt do jack shit to impress me this year. Miles can screw up in a heartbeat. No excuse to lose to LSU at home. None. You really think fournette and their group is better than our RBs next year???? I dont. We should win that game. Period.