I seen it dawg
11-29-2014, 10:16 PM
Even though I'm mad as hell...

Our first 10 win season (and prob 11)
Our first number 1 ranking
Our first legitimate title shot
Our first legitimate Heisman contender
We truly are in the national discussion

I'm as pissed off as anybody right now but we continue to head in the right direction. Today's result notwithstanding I wouldn't trade where we are with those assholes up north for anything. Our program is in the place where we want it to be, where days like today crush our souls because we are playing for huge stakes. Now the key is to stay here and we have the infrastructure in place to do so.

Dak and Will played like shit today and they would probably be the first to tell you but we aren't where we are without them and they will be the linchpins next year on both sides of the ball. Remember that. Also think about the fact that these 2 guys are only in their first real full year of playing and know they are going to continue to get better.

We have a lot of great things going and coming back and as much as today sucks, and it sucks donkey dicks, we will continue to get better. Crush someone in the bowl game and get ready for 15.

ScoobaDawg
11-29-2014, 10:30 PM
its HARD to be positive, but those points are correct.

I seen it dawg
11-29-2014, 10:32 PM
Dude the constable was called to my house because a call was made that there was some type of domestic disturbance. I'm mad enough for that to happen.

Smitty
11-29-2014, 10:37 PM
Dude the constable was called to my house because a call was made that there was some type of domestic disturbance. I'm mad enough for that to happen.

Hear hear

Maroonthirteen
11-29-2014, 10:48 PM
Funny how one game (2 this year) changes so much. Ending last year with 3 wins, felt like a 10 win season. This year, losing to Bama and OM (when we had real chance to win) feels like 6-6. Maybe we can win the bowl game.

Chip
11-29-2014, 10:49 PM
I've been married to an Oklahoma alum for 9 years, plus dating before that. So, I've been able to enjoy rooting for Oklahoma with her during championship drive type of seasons, prior to this one by State.

It feels good to win when things are on the line and conversely, it hurts to lose when things are on the line. It hurts to see the replays of the loss - creates extra sting to hear the Lou Holtzes', Kirk Herbstreets' of the the world make their canned comments about the loss that knocks you out of the championship possibility.

However, you have to have played your way into the championship discussion in order to ever experience those stings. We haven't been there as far as the SEC in a long time, and haven't ever been in the national title discussion. It's an honor to have taken that step.

I'd predicted an 8 win season, so I'm pleased with the 10 regular season wins. Hate losing to Ole Miss, can't deny that.

If we can put an OL together next year, and put together some wins again to be in that conversation, the experience this year will help us. I don't think most people understand the pressure that builds on these young men as the season progresses to continue to win. Winning them all isn't easy. Especially in the SECW.

Smitty
11-29-2014, 10:49 PM
Funny how one game (2 this year) changes so much. Ending last year with 3 wins, felt like a 10 win season. This year, losing to Bama and OM (when we had real chance to win) feels like 6-6. Maybe we can win the bowl game.

The Egg Bowl means so so much