PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain the slow developing offensive plays today???

RougeDawg
11-29-2014, 10:12 PM
Against one of the faster defenses in the nation?? The quick hitters and misdirection plays were working the few times we ran them. The rest were slow developing bullshit. This auburn play calling is what we should do. Motion and misdirection.

archdog
11-29-2014, 10:18 PM
Yep.

Smitty
11-29-2014, 10:29 PM
Shades of 2012

SallyStansbury
11-29-2014, 10:40 PM
Against one of the faster defenses in the nation?? The quick hitters and misdirection plays were working the few times we ran them. The rest were slow developing bullshit. This auburn play calling is what we should do. Motion and misdirection.

I have to imagine this is Hevesy in Mullen's ear saying, "We are bigger, stronger and tougher....let's blow them off the ball!!!!" Then in about the first quarter they are bitching to one another about "execution?" Missed blocking assignments, blah blahblahblah....then both some more about Josh ****ing up his blocking assignments....then at the half they kind of change but surely not one the first series, we certainly needed a three and out there, just to be crystal clear three runs up the middle wasn't going to work, just like it didn't work in the first half.

Credit to OleMiss, they came prepared and beat our ass to death, superior coaching effort by Bucky. I HATE him too, but credit where it is due. I hope Dan is learning, but when the chips are down, he becomes very very predictable. Disappointing night. Someone in a prior post nailed it, Dan's personality type hates to be wrong or make a mistake more than anything in the world. "Going for it" and not getting it (but at least having a chance) is far worse than "playing power run option read football...." Which Freeze 100% game planned for and had us shut down. And then sticking with that instead of slants or screens or misdirections......is very stubborn and the reason why people are here bitching.

Thank Mullen for what he has done for our program, but hold him accountable for that piss poor game plan too. It can be both.