PDA

View Full Version : Explain it

GTHOM
11-29-2014, 09:32 PM
How in the hell can an auburn team score 23 points on alabama in the FIRST HALF, and we go over there and play like crap in the first halves of that game and today? Auburn has 2 big time wideouts but other than that where are they better than us??? why did they torch ole miss and bama (so far) and we couldnt??????? I have a guess...COACHING. your guys thoughts??

msstate7
11-29-2014, 09:33 PM
Auburn scored 7 on Georgia. Explain that

GTHOM
11-29-2014, 09:34 PM
Auburn scored 7 on Georgia. Explain that

i cannot

Jacksondevildog
11-29-2014, 09:34 PM
Playcalling. Malzahn is turning Marshall loose and letting him go vertical and they are running him to the edges. They aren't throwing in the flat and running power lead plays with him.

GTHOM
11-29-2014, 09:38 PM
Playcalling. Malzahn is turning Marshall loose and letting him go vertical and they are running him to the edges. They aren't throwing in the flat and running power lead plays with him.

True. I know Dak can throw it better than Marshall can

msstate7
11-29-2014, 09:40 PM
True. I know Dak can throw it better than Marshall can

Not so sure. He's throwing outstanding tonight.

(Not knocking dak)

GTHOM
11-29-2014, 09:43 PM
Not so sure. He's throwing outstanding tonight.

(Not knocking dak)

Dak is a better passer than Nick Marshall. we dont have a sammie coates but we have a dyrunnya wilson who more times than not makes the catch or draws a flag, now that i think about it, he made plays today and i bet he didnt have but about 5 passes thrown his way

HoopsDawg
11-29-2014, 09:43 PM
How in the hell can an auburn team score 23 points on alabama in the FIRST HALF, and we go over there and play like crap in the first halves of that game and today? Auburn has 2 big time wideouts but other than that where are they better than us??? why did they torch ole miss and bama (so far) and we couldnt??????? I have a guess...COACHING. your guys thoughts??

They have a vertical weapon in Sammy Coates that can beat Bama's man coverage down the field. And we played right into their hands with our non-creative run game. If we are every going to be able to run the ball against Bama or a good D like OM's then we will have to use a FB or recruit better linemen.

CadaverDawg
11-29-2014, 09:46 PM

Yep. This is the answer.

For some reason, Dan has tamed Dak. We have him glued in the pocket on pass plays, and only running the ball on designed QB draws. We run the same handful of plays over and over and over. Even one of our most successful plays, the option, no longer has an "option"....we have gotten lazy with it and allow the defensive end to come free to where our only choice is to let Dak get blasted as he pitches it. Everybody in the stadium can call when we are going to let Dak keep it. We have no imagination all the sudden, and now is when we needed it the most because teams have tons of film on us.

And when it comes to defense...."psycho" is the furthest thing from our D. We don't scare any damn body. We play a weak ass, soft zone, that never gets pressure against a good team. And even when we DO blitz, it is so poorly designed that we never get to the QB so we just put more pressure on our secondary. When you play nothing but zone, yet you STILL give up multiple home runs of 80+ yards....there is a problem. One of those problems is "1B" linebackers.....they are "second string", not "1B"....and teams knew it was time to get our linebackers in coverage against tight ends when the "1B" team was in there. And the fact that Engram was their only big playmaker left after Treadwell went down, and we STILL couldn't stop him, was unacceptable. You have to make teams 1 dimensional, yet somehow we managed to turn a naturally one dimensional team into a two dimensional monster tonight. Our run defense and tackling were a nightmare. Collins was a big disappointment tonight.

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2014, 09:47 PM

In my opinion there are several VERY good teams in the SEC this year. There are a few more just behind them. There is no team head and shoulders above the rest. When those teams are pitted against each other it depends on who turns up to play and who doesn't. This is the best I can ever remember the SEC top to bottom.

GTHOM
11-29-2014, 09:53 PM
Yep. This is the answer.

For some reason, Dan has tamed Dak. We have him glued in the pocket on pass plays, and only running the ball on designed QB draws. We run the same handful of plays over and over and over. Even one of our most successful plays, the option, no longer has an "option"....we have gotten lazy with it and allow the defensive end to come free to where our only choice is to let Dak get blasted as he pitches it. Everybody in the stadium can call when we are going to let Dak keep it. We have no imagination all the sudden, and now is when we needed it the most because teams have tons of film on us.

And when it comes to defense...."psycho" is the furthest thing from our D. We don't scare any damn body. We play a weak ass, soft zone, that never gets pressure against a good team. And even when we DO blitz, it is so poorly designed that we never get to the QB so we just put more pressure on our secondary. When you play nothing but zone, yet you STILL give up multiple home runs of 80+ yards....there is a problem. One of those problems is "1B" linebackers.....they are "second string", not "1B"....and teams knew it was time to get our linebackers in coverage against tight ends when the "1B" team was in there. And the fact that Engram was their only big playmaker left after Treadwell went down, and we STILL couldn't stop him, was unacceptable. You have to make teams 1 dimensional, yet somehow we managed to turn a naturally one dimensional team into a two dimensional monster tonight. Our run defense and tackling were a nightmare. Collins was a big disappointment tonight.

Yep. There were multiple times today we ran read options and Dak gave it when he should have kept it....been doing it since the kentucky game. also there was one play where dak scrambled and he dove, and came up a yard short. The dak that played vs LSU would have put his head down and gotten the first. You are exactly right, they have beat it in Daks head to not get hit. It probably has a lot to do with him throwing the INTs he threw as well. I still think, no i know, that Dak is the best QB in the SEC, his coaching staff has not helped him since the auburn game, neither has his o line. You are spot on about our defense too, we run about 2 blitzes, one is a CB blitz that i saw work maybe 2 times all year. Sims had all day to throw, so did a CRIPPLE bo wallace. unacceptable. our coaches held this team back after auburn and when they had to turn them loose they didnt. this loss and the bama loss falls on the coaches. totally unacceptable. makes me absolutely sick