PDA

View Full Version : Worst day in program history

Smitty
11-29-2014, 07:33 PM
This season is a failure and don't say otherwise. We accomplished a lot and had moments but the season by definition is a FAILURE. goals change as the circumstances change. We failed. I don't want to hear any otherwise

When you have the opportunity you have to seize the opportunity... When you have the opportunity you have to SEIZE THE OPPORTUNITY!!! A shot at a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP lost tonight to a crippled and weak Ole Miss team. Our rival. How could we not be up for this???

Just unreal to me. I'm completely at a loss as to what just occurred. It cannot be explained other than this season was a failure.

GTHOM
11-29-2014, 07:34 PM
I wont say its the worst day in program history but it is pathetic

ScoobaDawg
11-29-2014, 07:37 PM
I agree. it is.. Dan built the program to a high point this year and raised expectations. And then. we didnt complete the task at hand. win the most important game of the year which has HUGELY magnified this year.

EnterpriseDawg
11-29-2014, 07:38 PM
It's easiest the worst Egg Bowl loss

ScoobaDawg
11-29-2014, 07:39 PM
and we thought it would of been bad if Ole Miss beat us to goto the CWS... this is so much worse. We lost our chance at a NC

thedawginme
11-29-2014, 07:40 PM
This season is a failure and don't say otherwise. We accomplished a lot and had moments but the season by definition is a FAILURE. goals change as the circumstances change. We failed. I don't want to hear any otherwise

When you have the opportunity you have to seize the opportunity... When you have the opportunity you have to SEIZE THE OPPORTUNITY!!! A shot at a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP lost tonight to a crippled and weak Ole Miss team. Our rival. How could we not be up for this???

Just unreal to me. I'm completely at a loss as to what just occurred. It cannot be explained other than this season was a failure.

Is this a joke? lol. I'm as emotional a dawg as any but you cant seriously be taking it this far?!

Bothrops
11-29-2014, 07:40 PM
Definitely not the worst. We got out coached by a team with a more talented defense on their own turf.

GTHOM
11-29-2014, 07:41 PM
one of the worst defensive performances ive ever witnessed

rtdawg
11-29-2014, 07:42 PM
It's a tough day for sure but Maine had to be pretty close to rock bottom.

Quaoarsking
11-29-2014, 07:42 PM
Objectively, it's not, but I don't remember ever being this upset over a loss. Will we ever be this close to playoff again?

DudyDawg
11-29-2014, 07:43 PM
Not even close to our worst day.

defiantdog
11-29-2014, 07:43 PM
Is this a joke? lol. I'm as emotional a dawg as any but you cant seriously be taking it this far?!
I'm still wondering why our guys weren't hyped for this game. Just dumb mistakes and bad play calling. Makes no sense

CJDAWG85
11-29-2014, 07:44 PM
Back off the ledge bitches... This was their Super Bowl and it showed.

defiantdog
Not even close to our worst day.

The loss to Maine is still my worst day to be a dog

ScoobaDawg

Losing to Maine didnt mean shit beside croom sucked ass.
We were playing for a f*ucking NC....
Losing this game doesnt get much worse... who knows when that will happen again. thius season was set up perfect for us.

Smitty
11-29-2014, 07:45 PM

Are you ****ing kidding. We had nothing to lose vs Maine. We lost a shot at a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP today!! It is the worst day in program history by far!

ScoobaDawg
11-29-2014, 07:45 PM
Back off the ledge bitches... This was their Super Bowl and it showed.

F*ck you it should of been our Super bowl also.. WE HAVE TO WIN.

Todd4State
11-29-2014, 07:46 PM
I wouldn't say the season necessarily set up perfectly for us. We had Bama and Ole Miss on the road.

I actually believe that next season sets up better to be honest with you from a schedule standpoint.

ScoobaDawg
11-29-2014, 07:46 PM
Are you ****ing kidding. We had nothing to lose vs Maine. We lost a shot at a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP today!! It is the worst day in program history by far!

Exactly...if you arewnt pissed then yto dont understand what we were playing for.

CJDAWG85
11-29-2014, 07:47 PM
Well **** you too... I agree... But we just didn't want like them... Same shit as 2 years ago.

ScoobaDawg
11-29-2014, 07:47 PM
I wouldn't say the season necessarily set up perfectly for us. We had Bama and Ole Miss on the road.

I actually believe that next season sets up better to be honest with you from a schedule standpoint.

Todd is was more the schedule. the QB SUCKing for other teams. teams being down early. It set up perfectly.

cheewgumm
11-29-2014, 07:48 PM
We'll look back in 2 weeks and be glad for the year.

Ole Miss played great and kicked our butts... Period. They are a great team too. All the "
State has to blow them out " talk was Bs.

Us and them were very similar...
They just kicked out ass today.

Dans playcallong has to be better
On bigamous. sheessh

ScoobaDawg
11-29-2014, 07:49 PM
Well **** you too... I agree... But we just didn't want like them... Same shit as 2 years ago.

thats on Dan.... I could not believe the shit i just watched. But chill on call being bitches. we have a right to be pissed.

ScoobaDawg
11-29-2014, 07:49 PM

Ole Miss played great and kicked our butts... Period. They are a great team too. All the "
State has to blow them out " talk was Bs.

Us and them were very similar...
They just kicked out ass today.

Dans playcallong has to be better
On bigamous. sheessh

NO. we will look back FOREVER of what WOULD HAVE BEEN with a win here.
That WILL NEVER be FORGOTTEN.

DLGDawg
11-29-2014, 07:50 PM
None of us have ever been this upset because we've never had this much to play for. It hurts. It hurts bad. But this coaching staff is the one who put us in this position. Mullen hopefully will learn from his mistakes in this game and become a better big game coach.

Objectively, it's not, but I don't remember ever being this upset over a loss. Will we ever be this close to playoff again?

CJDAWG85
11-29-2014, 07:50 PM
No shit... This is on our coaches like 2 years ago. They aren't good. We killed ourselves.

Smitty
11-29-2014, 07:51 PM

You don't speak for me. I will look back in two weeks and want to break something.

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2014, 07:51 PM
For me it's the worst season in program history. We had this discussion on another board a long time ago and I always said if we were 11-0 and UM beat us it would be an absolutely horrible season. This was very close to that and it's worse than I ever thought It would be. I'm going to try very hard to purge it all from my memory. I doubt I'll be able to.

thedawginme
11-29-2014, 07:53 PM
For me it's the worst season in program history. We had this discussion on another board a long time ago and I always said if we were 11-0 and UM beat us it would be an absolutely horrible season. This was very close to that and it's worse than I ever thought It would be. I'm going to try very hard to purge it all from my memory. I doubt I'll be able to.

If this is true, you are mentally unbalanced. Seriously.

GTHOM
The offensive line got dominated in the first half, the defense got dominated in the 2nd. we could not tackle and EVERY time the 1B were in they got drove on. the coaches were absolutely pathetic today, so were the players. total pathetic performance. we deserve to feel like shit. we are the better team by far and we lost by 2 TDs. unacceptable

Liverpooldawg
By the way, it's NOT the coach's fault. We missed blocks and tackles all night. That is how you get beat. For the love of everything, can we PLEASE not run our mouths next time when Dan has us in this situation. He will, if he doesn't get tired of all the morons.

dawgclub99
11-29-2014, 07:56 PM
Agreed. You people realize were were this close to a NC and we let a shitty ass Ole Piss team beat us. Thanks Dan. Thanks Jeff. You piece of shits. You ruined my night.

ScoobaDawg
By the way, it's NOT the coach's fault. We missed blocks and tackles all night. That is how you get beat. For the love of everything, can we PLEASE not run our mouths next time when Dan has us in this situation. He will, if he doesn't get tired of all the morons.

Dear god i don't know what coaches wife you are but the coaches put players into position to win. That did not happen tonight. Coaches get paid a lot of money for that responsibility.

Liverpooldawg

Ima dyed in the wool MSU fan. I also learned from some real jerks to hate UM with a passion very early in life. No season can even be thought about as remotely good if we lose to them. this is the worse loss ever to them so it's the worst season ever, period.

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2014, 07:57 PM
Dear god i don't know what coaches wife you are but the coaches put players into position to win. That did not happen tonight. Coaches get paid a lot of money for that responsibility.

They still have to make plays. We missed way to many tackles and blocks to enpven think about winning that game.

ScoobaDawg
11-29-2014, 07:59 PM

Congrats. you are better than the rest of us if you can just bounch around life with this loss not meaning anything to you. That just means you arent that a big of a fan of MSU (maybe you are a fan of someone else....)
that doesnt make anyone mentally unbalanced. so watch it with your acquisitions.

defiantdog
11-29-2014, 08:00 PM
Scoobie is drunk and angry. I think I'll join you

DanDority
11-29-2014, 08:05 PM
We were not ready for the biggest game in our Universities history! Whose fault is that? By the way, Hugh Freeze is 2-1 against us!

RougeDawg
11-29-2014, 08:06 PM
Agreed. You people realize were were this close to a NC and we let a shitty ass Ole Piss team beat us. Thanks Dan. Thanks Jeff. You piece of shits. You ruined my night.

Mods???

ScoobaDawg
11-29-2014, 08:06 PM
Scoobie is drunk and angry. I think I'll join you

teethering. fun ass thing, for some stupid reason, i usually drink a beer per touchdown in the game plus a pregame.. wellllll you i didnt have shit in the game so now its time to catch up... fast and i dont drink anything light weight.

Have to stay somewhat okay.. im getting my new bulldog tonight.
Is that a bad omen? Is she already bad luck? haha...

Smitty
11-29-2014, 08:07 PM
Worst. Day. In. Program. History.

ScoobaDawg
11-29-2014, 08:07 PM
Mods???

Mods what. He is pretty much right. It ruined my night for the most part also.

DudyDawg
11-29-2014, 08:08 PM
How the hell are you guys, supposed "fans" of MSU, saying this is our worst year, when just recently weve been celebrating four bowls in a row. FOUR. THATS CHILDS PLAY. THIS IS A GREAT YEAR, JUST A BAD DAY. Grow the **** up

RIdog
11-29-2014, 08:08 PM
10 - 2 people & our program is viewed in a whole different perspective nationally . I'm disappointed at what might have been but it was a great season !

Smitty
11-29-2014, 08:10 PM
10 - 2 people & our program is viewed in a whole different perspective nationally . I'm disappointed at what might have been but it was a great season !

Snapshot yes good season, great moments.

But for what was at stake this season ended up a failure. Like my OP says when you have the opportunity you have to seize it! We didn't. We failed.

dickiedawg
11-29-2014, 08:25 PM
Yeah some of you are taking it a little far.
Today was a gut-wrenching, soul-crushing, heartbreaking loss and the wounds will not soon heal. The fact that it was Ole Miss multiplies it.

But to discredit what we've accomplished this year is ridiculous.
10-win regular season. 3 top-10 wins in a row.
We're in line for a New Year's Six game which, by the way, will be our 5th-straight bowl.
We're in line to do it all again next year, too, with LSU, Alabama and Ole Miss at home.
Pour yourself another drink, stay the hell off Facebook and mope about. But don't discredit what these Bulldogs did this year.

DudyDawg
11-29-2014, 08:27 PM
Some of you are acting like the kid in the grocery store crying bc mommy won't buy a lollipop even tho you spent all day eating Halloween candy

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2014, 08:30 PM
Yeah some of you are taking it a little far.
Today was a gut-wrenching, soul-crushing, heartbreaking loss and the wounds will not soon heal. The fact that it was Ole Miss multiplies it.

But to discredit what we've accomplished this year is ridiculous.
10-win regular season. 3 top-10 wins in a row.
We're in line for a New Year's Six game which, by the way, will be our 5th-straight bowl.
We're in line to do it all again next year, too, with LSU, Alabama and Ole Miss at home.
Pour yourself another drink, stay the hell off Facebook and mope about. But don't discredit what these Bulldogs did this year.

Who is discrediting it? It because of it that this loss makes this our worst season ever in my opinion. You HAVE to beat them to even consider a season a success. How many of you discounting that still live in Mississippi? That is a serious question.

DudyDawg
11-29-2014, 08:32 PM
Who is discrediting it? It because of it that this loss makes this our worst season ever in my opinion. You HAVE to beat them to even consider a season a success. How many of you discounting that still live in Mississippi? That is a serious question.

You saying worst season ever is stupid as shit, quit being an emotional bitch

GTHOM
11-29-2014, 08:35 PM
You do have to beat ole miss, especially in a situation like this, but it is far from the worst season ever. very disgusted with the effort from the players and staff though. unacceptable

Smitty
11-29-2014, 08:36 PM
It's not the worst season ever. It's the worst finish. The worst day in history. Considering what was at stake that we lost makes it the worst feeling ever. Gut wrenching. Angering. Maddening.

If you find a quarter and lose it. No big deal.

If you win the lottery and the ticket flies out the window on the way to collect.....

DLGDawg
11-29-2014, 08:36 PM
I would call it the "worst pain after a loss in program history".
Not the season.

MetEdDawg
11-29-2014, 08:38 PM
I'm still wondering why our guys weren't hyped for this game. Just dumb mistakes and bad play calling. Makes no sense

Heard an interview with Dak before the game today and they asked him about the game. He said it was just another game and that they were treating it like every other game.

Was that the line the coaches were going with this week? Just like every other game? When I heard that I got very concerned about the mentality of this team going into this game if that's the line the coaches were feeding the players this week. If so I could be convinced that had a lot to do with the lackluster effort and performance that seemed to be running through the team tonight.

UMCDawg16
11-29-2014, 08:39 PM
Please delete this dumbass thread. We went 10-2. Get over it.

Maroonthirteen
11-29-2014, 08:40 PM
Worst day ever is stupid. The reality of the situation.... We didn't lose a shot at the Nc today. We lost it
In Tuscaloosa. Because we weren't going to have a shot with OSU&FsU winning out and Alabama winning the conference. Another thing....it isn't worst day ever....it was the same ole thing as every year. State
And OM end up with mediocre seasons. Bama wins the SEC. Same names in Nc game. It
Sucks because we lost to those assholes but really nothing was at stake but that trophy and bragging rights.

Smitty
11-29-2014, 08:40 PM
Please delete this dumbass thread. We went 10-2. Get over it.

Trophies for everyone**

DudyDawg
11-29-2014, 08:41 PM
It's not the worst season ever. It's the worst finish. The worst day in history. Considering what was at stake that we lost makes it the worst feeling ever. Gut wrenching. Angering. Maddening.

If you find a quarter and lose it. No big deal.

If you win the lottery and the ticket flies out the window on the way to collect.....

How many 2-10 seasons do we have with a loss to them. Get. The. Hell. Over. It.

Smitty
11-29-2014, 08:41 PM
Worst day ever is stupid. The reality of the situation.... We didn't lose a shot at the Nc today. We lost it
In Tuscaloosa. Because we weren't going to have a shot with OSU&FsU winning out and Alabama winning the conference. Another thing....it isn't worst day ever....it was the same ole thing as every year. State
And OM end up with mediocre seasons. Bama wins the SEC. Same names in Nc game. It
Sucks because we lost to those assholes but really nothing was at stake but that trophy and bragging rights.

Ban this troll

Smitty
11-29-2014, 08:43 PM
How many 2-10 seasons do we have with a loss to them. Get. The. Hell. Over. It.

You don't get it. Prolly been a fan 3 years I'm guessing. I'm not getting over shit. If you can get over today that quickly you are not invested.

Maroonthirteen
11-29-2014, 08:46 PM
I'm a troll? I'm trying to calm you down. Not the worst lost ever because nothing was lost but a trophy and bragging rights. Every national college football analyst in America has been telling you this for weeks. It was all lost in Tuscaloosa.....Nc heisman...

DudyDawg
11-29-2014, 08:50 PM
You don't get it. Prolly been a fan 3 years I'm guessing. I'm not getting over shit. If you can get over today that quickly you are not invested.

Hahahahah. Yeah. Nailed it. Dumb ****. I'm not over it. Im pissed we lost. I'm also not stupid enough to think 10-2 AND THE BEST REGULAR SEASON WIN TOTAL EVER is our worst season ever. Emotion doesn't override logic in my case. Same can't be said for you

Smitty
11-29-2014, 08:51 PM
I'm a troll? I'm trying to calm you down. Not the worst lost ever because nothing was lost but a trophy and bragging rights. Every national college football analyst in America has been telling you this for weeks. It was all lost in Tuscaloosa.....Nc heisman...

Yes the great Danny Kannell has told us. And you assume that NOBODY ELSE LOSES with this dumbass ignorant foolish comment. Everything was lost today. Worst day in program history.

Smitty
11-29-2014, 08:52 PM
Hahahahah. Yeah. Nailed it. Dumb ****. I'm not over it. Im pissed we lost. I'm also not stupid enough to think 10-2 AND THE BEST REGULAR SEASON WIN TOTAL EVER is our worst season ever. Emotion doesn't override logic in my case. Same can't be said for you

I'm not the one that said its the worst season liar. I said it's the worst lost, the worst feeling, the worst day in program history.

DudyDawg
11-29-2014, 08:54 PM
I'm not the one that said its the worst season liar. I said it's the worst lost, the worst feeling, the worst day in program history.

You would be incorrect in saying it is the worst day also. Maybe one of most emotionally painful, not nearly the WORST.

DudyDawg
11-29-2014, 08:55 PM
You also said the season is a failure, which is stupid as shit to say

RougeDawg
11-29-2014, 08:57 PM
Mods what. He is pretty much right. It ruined my night for the most part also.

Calling out coaches that got us to 10-2 pieces of shit? They had a terrible day but are far from pieces of shit.

Smitty
11-29-2014, 08:57 PM
You would be incorrect in saying it is the worst day also. Maybe one of most emotionally painful, not nearly the WORST.

We lost our shot at a national championship..... To Ole Miss..... To a SHITTY Ole Miss team.

It doesn't get worse man.

DudyDawg
11-29-2014, 08:58 PM
We lost our shot at a national championship..... To Ole Miss..... To a SHITTY Ole Miss team.

Ole miss is 9-3. They've had way worse, so have we. You're an idiot

Smitty
11-29-2014, 08:59 PM
You also said the season is a failure, which is stupid as shit to say

We were ranked #1. Our goal was to at least get to the playoffs. We didn't. We failed.

Lots of poor ol Mitippi Tate from you.

DudyDawg
11-29-2014, 09:03 PM
We were ranked #1. Our goal was to at least get to the playoffs. We didn't. We failed.

Lots of poor ol Mitippi Tate from you.

Lots of realizing where we've come from, how far we've gotten, and how much our potential is for me. I haven't said "poor us" yet.

We are on track to win 11 for the first time ever and have won 10 already (never done that). If you think that this is our worst day, you've damn sure not been paying attention since 1941. Pull your head out your ass

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2014, 09:03 PM
You saying worst season ever is stupid as shit, quit being an emotional bitch

No emotion to it. It is what I believe. You have your opinion, I have mine. To me UM is the season and always will be. Win it then the rest comes into play. Lose it the rest doesn't really matter. When I look back on this season in a few years what I will remember is this loss. I'm quite sure I'm not alone here.

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2014, 09:04 PM

They aren't a shitty team, some of us knew that. That doesn't change how I feel.

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2014, 09:08 PM

That trophy means way more than what was lost in Tuscaloosa.

DudyDawg
11-29-2014, 09:10 PM
No emotion to it. It is what I believe. You have your opinion, I have mine. To me UM is the season and always will be. Win it then the rest comes into play. Lose it the rest doesn't really matter. When I look back on this season in a few years what I will remember is this loss. I'm quite sure I'm not alone here.

I will remember it. I'll be sad when I do. I won't think of this, literally our best season ever, as a failure. Was it disappointing in the end? Sure, I wish we woulda won. But in no way is this a failure for mississippi state football. This is a far better year than last, every single day of the week

Smitty
11-29-2014, 09:11 PM
That trophy means way more than what was lost in Tuscaloosa.

NOTHING WAS LOST IN TUSCALOOSA!

DudyDawg
11-29-2014, 09:13 PM

If we win that and lose today we have a shot at the CFP trophy, and a heisman if dak played well

DudyDawg
11-29-2014, 09:14 PM

Also, the SEC west was lost. Dumbass