PDA

View Full Version : EVERYBODY ON THIS BOARD, so confident worried more about the top 4...

Thick
11-29-2014, 07:09 PM
instead of the Egg. Everybody talking about Freeze leaving for Florida like we were going to kick their asses up and down the field.....uhhh, not feeling to good are you? Don't ever take the EGG for granted, because anything can happen. Dan.....heads up, quit acting like you are the best thing since sliced bread, because losing to an injured OM team in easily the biggest Egg bowl game in our history is simply unacceptable!

Damn shame!

Todd4State
11-29-2014, 07:19 PM
This is 100% on Dan.

ScoobaDawg
11-29-2014, 07:21 PM
this has nothing to do with the fans. we looked like shit.

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2014, 07:22 PM
instead of the Egg. Everybody talking about Freeze leaving for Florida like we were going to kick their asses up and down the field.....uhhh, not feeling to good are you? Don't ever take the EGG for granted, because anything can happen. Dan.....heads up, quit acting like you are the best thing since sliced bread, because losing to an injured OM team in easily the biggest Egg bowl game in our history is simply unacceptable!

Damn shame!

Yep. I've seen it before. When we start talking big for this game, we always play poorly. People have been saying that the players don't pick up on the way the fans talk but that is garbage. They hear and see the same stuff we do. We came in horribly over confident and it showed. I tried to tell a lot of people here and elsewhere to cool it. They whipped us up front the whole game and we didn't tackle worth a crap.

BoomBoom
11-29-2014, 07:24 PM
Yep. I've seen it before. When we start talking big for this game, we always play poorly. People have been saying that the players don't pick up on the way the fans talk but that is garbage. They hear and see the same stuff we do. We came in horribly over confident and it showed. I tried to tell a lot of people here and elsewhere to cool it. They whipped us up front the whole game and we didn't tackle worth a crap.

you need to shove that damn "blame it on the players" agenda. the loss is 100% on the coaches.

DanDority
This is 100% on Dan.

Could't agree more!

civildawg
Coach 34 nowhere to be found. This was the year to do it and Dan shit the bed. We will probably never have this chance again

Tbonewannabe
11-29-2014, 07:25 PM

I agree with all of this. We looked like we figured UM would lay down and when they didn't couldn't handle it.

cheewgumm
11-29-2014, 07:25 PM
We didn't play

Tbonewannabe
11-29-2014, 07:26 PM
you need to shove that damn "blame it on the players" agenda. the loss is 100% on the coaches.

Horrible playcalling all day on both sides of the ball.

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2014, 07:26 PM
This is 100% on Dan.

Bull crap. Dan didn't miss all those tackles. He didn't miss all those blocks. WE as fans created the totally unwarranted overconfident atmosphere leading up to the game. Dan made mistakes but make the tackles and make the blocks and we win the game. We got physically whipped, end of story. I hope our fan base learned a lesson about running it's mouth. I won't hold my breath on that.

ScoobaDawg
11-29-2014, 07:28 PM
Coach 34 nowhere to be found. This was the year to do it and Dan shit the bed. We will probably never have this chance again

now is not the time to call and poster out... we are all behind pissed right now.
you might want to try another board for the night if you want to pick fights.

RougeDawg
11-29-2014, 07:28 PM
Play calling on both sides of the ball was shit. We weren't in position to succed all day. This one is on the coaches.

Thick
11-29-2014, 07:30 PM
Look guys, no need to throw our fans under the bus. Our defensive and offensive gameplan was absolute shit. Everybody loves Collins, but we play zone coverage and NEVER blitz.....*****! Dan never forces opposing defensive coordinators to make adjustments....same old shit just a different day. His offense is easy to prepare for....Gus Malzahn's offense is much more creative then Mullen's.

Todd4State
11-29-2014, 07:32 PM
Bull crap. Dan didn't miss all those tackles. He didn't miss all those blocks. WE as fans created the totally unwarranted overconfident atmosphere leading up to the game. Dan made mistakes but make the tackles and make the blocks and we win the game. We got physically whipped, end of story. I hope our fan base learned a lesson about running it's mouth. I won't hold my breath on that.

So, we should act like we have low self-esteem? We need to stop pretending like confidence is a bad thing. It's not.

And it's the COACHES job to protect the players against that. What's easier to control? 105 college kids or thousands of fans? How does Alabama somehow do it?

Missed tackles, missed blocks- THAT'S FUNDAMENTALS. If we aren't fundamentally sound, it's not the fans fault. That's the fault of the people COACHING the fundamentals.

TheRef
11-29-2014, 07:34 PM

FFS people. They out coached us, they out played us. They won...and deservedly so at this point. ****...were there moments when I was yelling my ever-living lungs out at players? Yes...but I won't put this loss on them. This was on the coaches. Dan was stubborn as hell. Geoff was conservative on Defense.

CadaverDawg
So, we should act like we have low self-esteem? We need to stop pretending like confidence is a bad thing. It's not.

And it's the COACHES job to protect the players against that. What's easier to control? 105 college kids or thousands of fans? How does Alabama somehow do it?

Missed tackles, missed blocks- THAT'S FUNDAMENTALS. If we aren't fundamentally sound, it's not the fans fault. That's the fault of the people COACHING the fundamentals.

Yea, Liverpool has gone full retard lately with his "coaches can do no wrong" shtick.

Todd4State
Look guys, no need to throw our fans under the bus. Our defensive and offensive gameplan was absolute shit. Everybody loves Collins, but we play zone coverage and NEVER blitz.....*****! Dan never forces opposing defensive coordinators to make adjustments....same old shit just a different day. His offense is easy to prepare for....Gus Malzahn's offense is much more creative then Mullen's.

I totally agree. Why do we rarely throw screens? Tonight was by far the most we've thrown all year and it actually worked- but only after trying to hit 25 yard pass plays ad nauseum and running Dak up the middle over and over. Agree about playing zone coverage too much. They had a hurt QB, and so what do we do? Just sit back there and let them do whatever, and then NOT TACKLE.

DudyDawg
11-29-2014, 07:36 PM
70% on Dan, 10% on tackling, 20% on the fat boys being a bunch of pansies tonight

Thick
11-29-2014, 07:42 PM
I want Bama to throttle AU. No "ifs or excuses", roll Tide roll!

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2014, 08:09 PM
Yea, Liverpool has gone full retard lately with his "coaches can do no wrong" shtick.

You haven't seen me say that. You have gone full retard in saying its all on the coaches. I actually have some thoughts on that that would suprise you. Fans DO have an impact on what coaches think. My opinion on Mullen hasn't changed from what it was last year. He isn't perfect but he is the best chance we have had in my 50 years of actually taking this program to another level. I doubt I will, ever see another chance this good. I don't want to even give him ANY thought of questioning his support here. I also think all this unrelenting blasting of the coaches makes their job harder. That's where I'm coming from. You boys seem to think we made every block and made every tackle and will book no opposing thought. That's just asinine.

Dawgface
11-29-2014, 08:11 PM
So I guess the fans talking about playoffs and Freeze caused us to lose. Funny.

GTHOM
11-29-2014, 08:14 PM
yeah thats a joke. this has nothing to do with the fans. we looked unprepared and did not match their effort from the first snap. period. there were some pass plays where it was Dak by himself against 4 or 5 ole miss defenders blitzing

Todd4State
11-29-2014, 08:19 PM
You haven't seen me say that. You have gone full retard in saying its all on the coaches. I actually have some thoughts on that that would suprise you. Fans DO have an impact on what coaches think. My opinion on Mullen hasn't changed from what it was last year. He isn't perfect but he is the best chance we have had in my 50 years of actually taking this program to another level. I doubt I will, ever see another chance this good. I don't want to even give him ANY thought of questioning his support here. I also think all this unrelenting blasting of the coaches makes their job harder. That's where I'm coming from. You boys seem to think we made every block and made every tackle and will book no opposing thought. That's just asinine.

That's immaturity on DAN'S part.

If he's questioning our support of him, then he's clueless. We've given him EVERYTHING that he wants. And I'm pretty sure he doesn't feel that way at all.

What are we supposed to do? Accept shitty fundamentals, accept coming out flat in the biggest game of the year for the program, and accept the fact that he's stubborn and just go along with it? They deserve EVERYTHING that they are getting right now.

Honestly, if anything this will probably motivate our coaches to improve even more than ever before.

Percho
11-29-2014, 08:25 PM

If he's questioning our support of him, then he's clueless. We've given him EVERYTHING that he wants. And I'm pretty sure he doesn't feel that way at all.

What are we supposed to do? Accept shitty fundamentals, accept coming out flat in the biggest game of the year for the program, and accept the fact that he's stubborn and just go along with it? They deserve EVERYTHING that they are getting right now.

Honestly, if anything this will probably motivate our coaches to improve even more than ever before.

Excellent post Todd.

GTHOM
11-29-2014, 08:27 PM

Hall of fame post. State fans have done nothing but support Mullen, selling out virtually every home game, traveling well to bowl games except in 12, fans had nothing to do with why we looked unprepared for this game

CadaverDawg
11-29-2014, 08:27 PM

Facepalm.

If Mullen can't take criticism when criticism is deserved, he is a pus$y. And honestly, if what a few people say on a message board affects the way he coaches, I want him gone, because he is in over his head if he is worried about message board comments with a Natty on the line. You are clueless.

CadaverDawg
11-29-2014, 08:29 PM

Exactly. Well said.