PDA

View Full Version : Dan cannot win the big game!!!

Thick
11-29-2014, 06:31 PM
Great job of building the program, but when it counts absolutely no creativity on offense. Puts no pressure on opposing defensive coordinators with different looks or anything....easy to prepare for.

msugolf
11-29-2014, 07:10 PM
According to one particular college coach I know who's coached against him, Dan's offense is one of the easier ones to prepare for.

Dawgfan77
11-29-2014, 07:19 PM
Dan is a good coach. But I'm telling you guys. He will never win big at MSU. Dan cannot coach in big games.

IMissJack
11-29-2014, 07:20 PM
Come on guys. This is a ridiculous thread. We had no big games for 10 years before he got here.

DLGDawg
11-29-2014, 07:27 PM
For real. We are all VERY disappointed. First time to ever be in tha position.

Come on guys. This is a ridiculous thread. We had no big games for 10 years before he got here.

Thick
11-29-2014, 07:35 PM
It's got nothing to do with "being here before"....it's about making adjustments scheme wise to catch your opponents off guard. Jesus....watch any game at the first of the year, no different offensively in game 12!!!

Drugdog
11-29-2014, 07:48 PM
Thick nailed it. He is way out of his league on s BIG GAME. Look for a repeat in the Liberty Bowl.

GTHOM
11-29-2014, 08:01 PM
He won some big games earlier this year, we will all remember losing to bama and ole miss, but im not gonna say mullen cant win big ones, he won 3 in a row earlier this year

MabenMaroon
11-29-2014, 08:41 PM
Thick nailed it. He is way out of his league on s BIG GAME. Look for a repeat in the Liberty Bowl.

Well you and Thick head on over to Memphis and watch whoever plays in it, I will be watching us play and win a New Years Day Bowl. Sheesh! With fans like y'all, who needs rivals.

Maroonthirteen
11-29-2014, 08:53 PM
I was thinking that tonight. He goes conservative in big games. He will never have the talent at MSU to line up say, "here is what I am doing. Stop me." I feel like that is what we did tonight and they stopped us.

Irondawg
11-29-2014, 09:18 PM
I was thinking that tonight. He goes conservative in big games. He will never have the talent at MSU to line up say, "here is what I am doing. Stop me." I feel like that is what we did tonight and they stopped us.

That sums it up pretty well. He goes ultra conservative when their are big chops on the table as he's scared to make the killer mistake vs how we played against lsu and auburn when we were playing to win

Thick
11-29-2014, 09:35 PM
Well you and Thick head on over to Memphis and watch whoever plays in it, I will be watching us play and win a New Years Day Bowl. Sheesh! With fans like y'all, who needs rivals.

You are right. We just lost to a subpar OM team due to injuries, and could only scratch off 17 points while giving up 31 to a team that had not rushed for over 100 yards since Pres. Christian. Dude, make excuses all you want, but I'm a realist. You are the typical MSU fan the drops down and blows a coach for just sniffing some success instead of tasting it!

Thick
11-29-2014, 09:36 PM
AU making this terrible loss sting even more!

GTHOM
11-29-2014, 09:40 PM
You are right. We just lost to a subpar OM team due to injuries, and could only scratch off 17 points while giving up 31 to a team that had not rushed for over 100 yards since Pres. Christian. Dude, make excuses all you want, but I'm a realist. You are the typical MSU fan the drops down and blows a coach for just sniffing some success instead of tasting it!

Yup. Some folks dont have a sick feeling in their stomach tonight

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2014, 09:42 PM
Good lord you people are nuts, or Rebs. I've said this is the worst season in school history because of the end, but doesn't change the fact that Dan is our best chance in my lifetime. He keeps raising the bar. It can't be raised a whole lot higher. We never GOT to games that big before. We did win one by the way, Auburn was a huge game.

WeWonItAll(Most)
11-29-2014, 09:42 PM
According to one particular college coach I know who's coached against him, Dan's offense is one of the easier ones to prepare for.
Because it takes him a half to decide he might try to adjust his offense

Smitty
11-29-2014, 09:43 PM
Yup. Some folks dont have a sick feeling in their stomach tonight

Bingo.

PendingTransaction
11-29-2014, 09:53 PM
Dan needs to read Malzahn's book on coaching offense. He needs to read the chapter on adjustments and play calling at least three times a day. His 2006 Spread Offense model is now a hooptie. His version does not create any advantage against good teams.

GTHOM
11-29-2014, 09:58 PM
Dan needs to read Malzahn's book on coaching offense. He needs to read the chapter on adjustments and play calling at least three times a day. His 2006 Spread Offense model is now a hooptie. His version does not create any advantage against good teams.

He needs to look back at the anthony dixon offense we ran

PMDawg
11-29-2014, 10:03 PM
Best season in our football history and still the incessant bitching. We lost. It sucks. Deal with it like a man and move on.

Boya
11-29-2014, 10:07 PM

It all comes down to the oline. We have to get better there to take the next step