PDA

View Full Version : Paul Finebaum just said that Ole Miss has little to no chance of beating us

Mutt the Hoople
11-29-2014, 09:34 AM
He was asked about it on college game day. He replied that the whole attitude in Oxford is dreary and depressing.

I believe State would win if OM had the same record and had a chance at the college playoffs. However, I'm surprised that Ole Miss has quit, even if their coach was heading for Florida right after the game.

msstate7
11-29-2014, 09:38 AM
Everyone expecting us to win and win big has me a little concerned

GreenheadDawg
11-29-2014, 09:43 AM
Everyone expecting us to win and win big has me a little concerned

Me too! It's making me really nervous. All the people expecting them to just hand us the win are gonna be disappointed. They still have a very good defense and Dak will have to make better decisions than he did in the Bama game or he will have 3 picks again

starkvegasdawg
11-29-2014, 09:51 AM
He was asked about it on college game day. He replied that the whole attitude in Oxford is dreary and depressing.

This is the telling statement to me.

SDDawg
11-29-2014, 10:01 AM
Weird stuff happens in Oxford and they are playing the part of a spoiler very well so far. Bucky can't be trusted, need to punch him in the throat in the first quarter. Can't let them hang around. He has a lot to prove in his last game coaching Ole Miss.

This *IS* their Super Bowl, make no mistake.

RougeDawg
11-29-2014, 10:10 AM

This is the telling statement to me.

Yes. Been saying this all week. They are deflated. I've got a bear buddy who hasn't said much all week except he doesn't think they have a chance, and just hopes they can keep it close. It's bad in near land. There's a reason they looks so flat last week. They head the rumors as well. They may come out strong at opening kick, but we just need to knock them back into submission early and they'll fold like a lawn chair.

basedog
11-29-2014, 10:11 AM
My take is it doesn't matter what the fans think, nervous or over confident, what matters is OUR players and coaching staff and there preparation for this game!

We should and I expect us to win, after all, we got more to play for so our intensity will be higher!

Jacksondevildog
11-29-2014, 10:17 AM
I bet they announce freezes contract extension right before the ball game.

I seen it dawg
11-29-2014, 10:19 AM
They were done when they lost their second game. They were all in on the title this year as delusional as that thought was. When they didn't have a chance at it anymore after they had taken down Bama (and won the title in their eyes), they had nothing to play for anymore. We aren't their rivals and they could give a shit about this game.

Harrydawg
11-29-2014, 10:57 AM
Paul said the same thing on SEC Nation.....he said he'd been there most of the week and feeling is that UM has no chance.

The ones in the know,realize how hurt Bo is..."just adding to the no chance attitude

BulldogBear
11-29-2014, 11:10 AM
I feel like Bears SHOULD have no chance, but the pessimist is in me is very nervous about one thing which could give them a very decent chance to beat us.

Players vs. Players factoring in injuries leave me: unconcerned
Atmosphere in VH leaves me: unconcerned
Intangibles leave me: unconcerned
Motivation for Bears leaves me: unconcerned
MSU offense game plan leaves me: concerned

Bear strength is pass defense. Weakness is run defense. I am SCARED TO DEATH that we will come out passing. I know we are balanced but we need to run, run, run, and pass just enough to make them back off every now and then. Beat them up so we can run at will in fourth quarter. If we come out thinking we are going to show off this passing game and thumb our nose at their pass defense, they are going to stay in the game because we will turn the ball over and give them short fields. Anything can happen then.

MSU gameplan needs to be:

1. Run with Dak
2. Run with Josh
3. Run with Shump
4. Run with Nick
5. Run with Gabe
6. Run with Tubby
7. Pass with once with Tubby and the rest with Dak when they put 9 in the box to stop 1-6

That gameplan will allow us to see this:

8. Run with DW
9. Run with Holloway

Jacksondevildog
11-29-2014, 11:12 AM
They will play us the same way that Alabama did. They will stack the box and force us to throw the ball. They will try to limit the run. If we can run on them effectively in the first half, I will feel better about things. We don't need Prescott throwing it 35+ times in this game.

RougeDawg
11-29-2014, 12:12 PM
They will play us the same way that Alabama did. They will stack the box and force us to throw the ball. They will try to limit the run. If we can run on them effectively in the first half, I will feel better about things. We don't need Prescott throwing it 35+ times in this game.

One key difference in the bear and tide defendes is the bear defense is grossly undersized. I hope they try to do what Bama did because the only thing that stopped us in T Town was ourselves.

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2014, 12:14 PM
This will be the toughest game of the year other than Bama. They won't roll over and die up there. I'm afraid we are getting way to overconfident.

Dawgface
11-29-2014, 12:19 PM
This will be the toughest game of the year other than Bama. They won't roll over and die up there. I'm afraid we are getting way to overconfident.

Fans may be, but I doubt players are.

TUSK
11-29-2014, 12:28 PM
One key difference in the bear and tide defendes is the bear defense is grossly undersized. I hope they try to do what Bama did because the only thing that stopped us in T Town was ourselves.

so true... I don't think OM has the size to do what Bammer did to the MSU OL...

IMissJack
11-29-2014, 12:53 PM
Just put pedal to the metal and give it hell for 60 minutes and let the chips fall where they may.

GTHOM
11-29-2014, 01:06 PM
This team is ready boys

Mutt the Hoople
11-29-2014, 01:58 PM
Ole Miss will be more fired up than Bounty Hunters flushing a runaway slave.

TUSK
11-29-2014, 02:22 PM
Ole Miss will be more fired up than Bounty Hunters flushing a runaway slave.

That "underground" statement really "railroaded" em, Mutt...