PDA

View Full Version : Pessimism, my nemesis is back

msstate7
11-28-2014, 11:57 PM
Can we get any outcome that will help us out? It seems everything is going in the favor of the chasers, not the chased. I wanna believe that auburn will win and thus the mizzou game was a blessing, but I just can't. Anyone else feeling everything is shaping up to be a screwing of us?

For my morale, I really need a good day tomorrow.

Coach34
11-28-2014, 11:58 PM
Win and we are in

IMissJack
11-29-2014, 12:01 AM
Can we get any outcome that will help us out? It seems everything is going in the favor of the chasers, not the chased. I wanna believe that auburn will win and thus the mizzou game was a blessing, but I just can't. Anyone else feeling everything is shaping up to be a screwing of us?

None of it matters, unless we win. The team and fans should only focus on beating OM as bad as possible, and know that our all was given, no matter what else happens.

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2014, 12:01 AM

It will be fine. There are many more important games to go. The committee knows that VT sucks, and tonight did little to change that.

Stop getting caught up with small fish. Be upset if Bama, Oregon, FSU, or Ohio State don't lose in the next two week. The peripheral games are just that peripheral. Sure they may have slightly helped us, but we don't really know that.

The committee thinks we are one of the 4 best teams, and VT beating UVA in a sloppy game does nothing to change that.

whosyourdawgy
11-29-2014, 12:04 AM
It's not just you. Just today, we needed Arkansas to win to get ranked, we needed UCLA to win so somebody who has as shot to beat Oregon plays them and we needed virginia to beat VT to make them have a losing record. Still a lot of football to be played but these last 2 or 3 weeks have been brutal to us. No one is helping us out. LSU beating A&M is about the only positive I can even think of.

And yes we have to win and win convincingly but unlike coach, I don't think we are in without help. GO GATORS

CadaverDawg
11-29-2014, 12:04 AM

I definitely hate the way things have started this weekend. But, fortunately the most likely upset games haven't been played yet. I am most interested in the following...

Florida vs FSU
Oregon vs Oregon State
Alabama vs Auburn
Ohio State vs Wisconsin
Oregon vs Arizona
Florida State vs Georgia Tech
Alabama vs Missouri
Baylor vs Kansas State

When you look at that list, it should make you feel a little bit better. There is still a lot of ball to be played.....we just need to make sure we take care of our business and give the committee a good reason to keep us in it. At that point, all we can do is sit back and hope we get some help.

I am not in agreement with those that say "win and we're in". It's possible, but nowhere near a guarantee

HSVDawg
11-29-2014, 12:15 AM
we needed UCLA to win so somebody who has as shot to beat Oregon plays them

How does a team with a two game winning streak against Oregon, including a win AT Oregon THIS YEAR, not qualify as "somebody that has a shot to beat Oregon"?

TUSK
11-29-2014, 01:05 AM

the favor of the chasers, not the chased.

Welcome.

TUSK
11-29-2014, 01:16 AM
How does a team with a two game winning streak against Oregon, including a win AT Oregon THIS YEAR, not qualify as "somebody that has a shot to beat Oregon"?

I'm with you, Rich & AZ have a shot....

Oregon will wack em tho.

Dawg61
11-29-2014, 01:19 AM
I haven't given up hope on Michigan yet. Somebody will win. We only need one. Just one will do it. I'm not worried about TCU. They won't pass us. Alabama, Oregon, FSU, Baylor and Ohio State ALL have to win out. One won't. At least. If Bama loses to Mizzou barely and they're the only team to lose Bama might steal our spot too. I see only two scenarios we get left out. Nobody losses and only Bama losses in the SECCG.

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2014, 01:28 AM
Just win. That is all we can do.

State82
11-29-2014, 07:56 AM
I am not in agreement with those that say "win and we're in". It's possible, but nowhere near a guarantee

You're right. It is far from a guarantee. Nothing is guaranteed.

Schultzy
11-29-2014, 08:07 AM
If we win today, we are in the playoffs. It's not the old NCAA good ole boy bureau making the decision. Peoples names are attached to this decision and keeping us in the top four after the bama game proves that.

Beating a team at their place today that has been in the top ten Most of the season and is still ranked puts us in, it's a no brainer.

The other teams are on the outside looking in, not us, we control our own destiny.

Maroonthirteen
11-29-2014, 08:56 AM
Yeah same here 7. I had planned on trying to get somewhere to watch OSU/UM but forget it. I'm just going to enjoy the day and our win. Regardless if we make the playoffs, win today and it is the greatest season in my 30+ year as a Bulldog!

Hail State!

Dawgface
11-29-2014, 09:27 AM
Just win. That is all we can do.

Agree. I'm not worrying about the rest until we have our game in the win column.

Bucky Dog
11-29-2014, 09:36 AM
I tell my kids and my reps, if you focus too much on the things you can't control, then you lose control of the things you can! I'm fine with us winning and everything else will work itself out. If it doesn't then so be it, we've done all that we know we can and the committee will reward us.

starkvegasdawg
11-29-2014, 09:42 AM
Win and we're guaranteed the orange or fiesta bowl. I refuse to worry about other teams and what they may or may not do with this being the case. After our game and assuming victory then I'll turn my attention to the other games knowing what we already have and seeing if more may be possible.