PDA

View Full Version : Buy/Sell: A Virigina win eliminates Ohio State

Political Hack
11-28-2014, 08:04 PM
I don't think the committee can name a playoff team that lost at home to a team that couldn't even make a bowl out of the weak ACC.

What say you?

TheRef
11-28-2014, 08:07 PM
Buy. A 14-point loss at home to a non-bowl eligible team doesn't bode well.

TUSK
11-28-2014, 08:12 PM
that's a really good question...

I'll sell, however... Minnesota (inexplicably to me) has become a Q win, and Michigan St. is definitely a good win... and both are looking better each week... also, OSU has an opportunity to add a third Q win in the BIG10CG...

The VT loss was horrible, but it was a loooong time ago and really won't look that much worse even if they miss a bowl.

That being said, I'm a huge proponent of "Bad Losses" carrying more weight than "Q Wins"...

msstate7
11-28-2014, 08:16 PM
According to how they lose. If they play well, but lose I don't think so. If they play like they did last week and get ripped, yes.

Remember there's no games tonight. The committee is almost certainly watching. We need VT to get shut out again. It'll really make the committee question that 35 VT scored on osu

klong-dog
11-28-2014, 08:16 PM
But but but they're the Hottest team in the country!#!! While barely beating Minn and freakin Indiana.

Statefan
11-28-2014, 08:18 PM
It's bizarre. If we had lost to Kentucky at home we wouldn't sniff the playoffs

I think UVA winning definitely helps enhance the eyesore that that loss is for OSU. If the committee STILL chooses OSU, I guess the regular season doesn't matter anymore as long as you are in the Big 10

Political Hack
11-28-2014, 08:23 PM
I just can't see having a team in the "FINAL FOUR" that's capable of losing to anyone. You need teams that are going to compete.

You can argue that Bama, Oregon, State, FSU, TCU will compete in a playoff game with anyone... those are the five to me that deserve consideration. A team that lays down to a 5 win team is capable of allowing a top 4 team embarass them.

MetEdDawg
11-28-2014, 08:25 PM
If the committee is going to function like it's supposed to, it would have to eliminate them. Can the committee or the media seriously sit there and dismiss an early season OSU loss to an eventual non bowl eligible team? Can they really justify the fact that it's better to lose to a non bowl eligible team early than to lose on the road late in the season to the #1 team in country?

That's what pisses me off. Totally dismissing that loss because it was early but we have UAB mentioned in every single segment of analysis on us and we WON that game by 15 (really 22 but Irvin Sills got smoked deep with 45 seconds left). The conference championship argument is garbage. We will be the only division in the country with two 1 loss teams. There's more but I digress. Point is that the committee was supposed to take these things into account and make the best decision and I feel they are going to screw us.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist but if you look at all the data I completely believe the media doesn't want us in and is trying to sway public perception to OSU. I literally heard Danny Kanell last weekend in ESPN criticize us for not having good game control against Bama, then 20 seconds later applaud OSU for coming back in the 4th quarter against a 3 win Indiana team.

VandelayIndustries
11-28-2014, 08:28 PM
If the committee is going to function like it's supposed to, it would have to eliminate them. Can the committee or the media seriously sit there and dismiss an early season OSU loss to an eventual non bowl eligible team? Can they really justify the fact that it's better to lose to a non bowl eligible team early than to lose on the road late in the season to the #1 team in country?

That's what pisses me off. Totally dismissing that loss because it was early but we have UAB mentioned in every single segment of analysis on us and we WON that game by 15 (really 22 but Irvin Sills got smoked deep with 45 seconds left). The conference championship argument is garbage. We will be the only division in the country with two 1 loss teams. There's more but I digress. Point is that the committee was supposed to take these things into account and make the best decision and I feel they are going to screw us.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist but if you look at all the data I completely believe the media doesn't want us in and is trying to sway public perception to OSU. I literally heard Danny Kanell last weekend in ESPN criticize us for not having good game control against Bama, then 20 seconds later applaud OSU for coming back in the 4th quarter against a 3 win Indiana team.

"But that VT loss was early in the season" I hate that argument

cheewgumm
11-28-2014, 08:41 PM
Also, hate the argument that "this was early before JT Barnett got going" or whatever.

Does he play defense? If not, he couldn't have stopped VT scoring 35.

msstate7
11-28-2014, 08:46 PM
Also, hate the argument that "this was early before JT Barnett got going" or whatever.

Does he play defense? If not, he couldn't have stopped VT scoring 35.

Fsu beat a ranked Clemson team without Winston, so that argument doesn't hold water

Bubb Rubb
11-28-2014, 10:08 PM
Sell. Ohio State is already eliminated. V-T is bad.

Dawgface
11-28-2014, 11:10 PM
Sell. Ohio State is already eliminated. V-T is bad.

I would like to believe that. But if OSU wins the conf championship game, I think the committee will forget about the VT loss.

Bubb Rubb
11-28-2014, 11:19 PM
I would like to believe that. But if OSU wins the conf championship game, I think the committee will forget about the VT loss.

The only people saying this are the ESPN talking heads. If the committee was going to forget about that loss, they would have them ranked higher than they are.

Smitty
11-28-2014, 11:37 PM
Idiot gets a roughing penalty near their own damn endzone and VT gets 60 on the next play... Dubmasses

Smitty
11-28-2014, 11:40 PM
VT takes the lead.. 1:48 left

Political Hack
11-28-2014, 11:40 PM
Idiot gets a roughing penalty near their own damn endzone and VT gets 60 on the next play... Dubmasses

should've been a grounding call too. ball didn't get past the LOS. That was about a 40 yard BS play.

msstate7
11-28-2014, 11:42 PM
These 2 teams are horrible. Like vandy could play with them bad

Political Hack
11-28-2014, 11:47 PM
wow. they're terrible. maybe we can play one of them in a kickoff game.

Political Hack
11-28-2014, 11:53 PM
no sense of urgency. it's embarrassing.