PDA

View Full Version : Auburn names Sunny Golloway as new baseball coach.

messageboardsuperhero
06-14-2013, 08:50 PM
Well, that's one less place that could make a run at Butch. We need to keep him as long as possible.

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-14-2013, 09:05 PM
Ole miss next year?

Lefthandersrule
06-14-2013, 09:49 PM
I thought that was Butch's job for sure.

dawgoneyall
06-14-2013, 10:32 PM
Butch would not have gone back to Auburn as long as certain people are there

Todd4State
06-15-2013, 12:18 PM
Auburn was looking to make a home run hire. And I think they just did. As far as Butch, I wouldn't be surprised if we kept him around longer than most people might think. He is from Amory, loves MSU, has always wanted to coach at MSU and he has family in the area. It would have to be a heck of an offer to get him and it would have to be the right situation as well.

Pollodawg
06-15-2013, 12:27 PM
It really doesn't matter much who Auburn hires, imho. The school doesn't care about baseball and won't invest in the program like an MSU or an OM or LSU.

msstate7
06-15-2013, 01:26 PM
Saw that sunny is now the second highest paid coach in the sec. Cohen fell to third. Do we extend him and give a raise after this year?

Pollodawg
06-15-2013, 01:31 PM
Saw that sunny is now the second highest paid coach in the sec. Cohen fell to third. Do we extend him and give a raise after this year?

Hm......Maybe I was wrong. They may care more than I thought they did. If the school does, the fans don't.

Todd4State
06-15-2013, 05:44 PM

Absolutely- and Butch and Mingione and Wells too. And before anyone says it, I know Mingione is below average as a third base coach, and maybe we can address that in the off season, but he is an excellent recruiter.