PDA

View Full Version : HELP - Bulldog Owners

ScoobaDawg
11-28-2014, 02:56 PM
An unbelievable offer has just been offered to me to get a female bulldog puppy that is from a national championship family. The bulldog will have to be spayed due to a hernia. I'm no worried about that since I wouldn't be breeding anyways.
Anything else I need to ask or know specifically about a bulldog.

I know vague. But this just popped out of nowhere, the puppies are usually sold for 3k.

Lloyd Christmas
11-28-2014, 03:03 PM
An unbelievable offer has just been offered to me to get a female bulldog puppy that is from a national championship family. The bulldog will have to be spayed due to a hernia. I'm no worried about that since I wouldn't be breeding anyways.

I know vague. But this just popped out of nowhere, the puppies are usually sold for 3k.

Try and get a 6 month health guarantee at the very least. Also, they are incredible dogs and I love mine but they are pretty high maintenance.

ScoobaDawg
11-28-2014, 03:12 PM
7 weeks old right now. No signs of problems with airway. No won't be getting any guarantees.. Because she will be free if I take the offer

AlmostPositive
11-28-2014, 03:14 PM
They're great dogs, but there can be more vet expenses than average. I had one from the Bully bloodline many years ago and it didn't like the Mississippi heat. Other than that and a possible tendency toward territoriality (ie don't allow strange small dogs to wander into its area) there's nothing too special to concern yourself with. Good with small children, don't need much exercise... very loyal, want to be part of the family. NOT an outside dog.

DawgInMemphis
11-28-2014, 03:16 PM

They're very sensitive to heat and cold, prone to a number of health issues: eyes, skin, hips are probably the most common. Wonderful dogs, very loving. Mine is great with other animals and kids. We feed her Acana Pacifica. We tried a number of foods before we found one that she tolerated well. It's expensive and smells awful, but it's kept her healthy. They also shed terribly.

They're also very territorial. We don't have a fence and can let her out by herself and she stays in the back yard.

I can't emphasize enough their sensitivity to heat though. If it's hot outside don't let her stay out long at all, especially if she's playing.

Enjoy, they are wonderful animals!

AlmostPositive
11-28-2014, 03:20 PM
Ditto on the heat issue. I lost mine to heatstroke at a young age (mine and his.. I was 18) on a 98 degree day...

Dawgbite
11-28-2014, 03:21 PM
I have a good friend with a 2 year old female and he said last week that he spends $200-$300 per month on Vets, meds , and special stuff. That's a lot for a dog but he could be the exception not the rule.

FlabLoser
11-28-2014, 03:59 PM
Neighbor had one that was nuts about raw broccoli.

Harrydawg
11-28-2014, 04:11 PM
I have a good friend with a 2 year old female and he said last week that he spends $200-$300 per month on Vets, meds , and special stuff. That's a lot for a dog but he could be the exception not the rule.

Holy crap - $200-300 per month?? I wouldn't spend that on my wife. That's nuts

Dawgbite
11-28-2014, 05:04 PM
Holy crap - $200-300 per month?? I wouldn't spend that on my wife. That's nuts

Yea, I agree but I think he likes the dog as much if not more!!!

msstate7
11-28-2014, 05:16 PM
I think I read somewhere that uga's puppies sold for $50,000. That's unbelievable.

Does bully breed? If so, how much are puppies sold for?

onetl
11-28-2014, 06:49 PM

Take it! They are wonderful pets! Almost guarantee you will regret it should pass up the chance!

mparkerfd20
11-28-2014, 06:54 PM
If you pass it up I'll take it.

DLGDawg
11-28-2014, 07:06 PM
Wife's first cousin has health insurance on theirs. Not joking.

Said it has paid off too.

msstate7
11-28-2014, 07:09 PM
Wife's first cousin has health insurance on theirs. Not joking.

Said it has paid off too.

Can you sign em up on obamacare?*

ScoobaDawg
11-28-2014, 07:15 PM
Oh its confirmed. I'm gonna be a father. I'll post a pic once I get her.

DLGDawg
11-28-2014, 07:17 PM
Absolutely. Would save at least $2500/yr.*

DLGDawg
11-28-2014, 07:20 PM
Be prepared. You will absolutely love the dog. The bond shared will be deep for you and the dog.

Oh its confirmed. I'm gonna be a father. I'll post a pic once I get her.

ScoobaDawg
11-30-2014, 02:26 PM
She was delivered to me around Midnight last night.The breeder called her trouble because she has been a handful. Only one to survive of her litter and had to be hand fed since a couple days old. She is so beautiful and loving so in truly MSU fan style, she will be named Bella.

ScoobaDawg
11-30-2014, 02:28 PM
a few more and yes i had to get her a maroon bed.

Dawg61
11-30-2014, 02:32 PM
Awesome dog! Congrats