PDA

View Full Version : Some very bad things headed toward our friends at Ole Miss University.

AlmostPositive
11-28-2014, 12:49 PM
Beginning with a loss tomorrow afternoon that may turn out to be the least of their problems.

1. Dropping another Egg Bowl won't do much more than further deflate the fanbase and nail down the Belk Bowl. But it sets up Freeze -- assuming he's still there -- for three losses in a row to State -- they aren't winning in Starkville next year -- which is hot seat territory. Damn hot if they have to watch us make a Playoff run.

2. Their fan base is beginning to split. Finishing 8-4 plus Belk after the promising start is the mirror opposite of our season last year. It's a sign of things to come, and the things are losses on the field, in recruiting, and in fan support.

3. Who knows when the NCAA will drop its findings, but everybody with a functioning brain stem watched OM cross the recruiting line with Tunsil and the rest. I hope 8-5 was worth the penalties on the way.

4. Long term, even the most bourbon-soaked Confederate will figure out it's just a matter of time before they're forced to let go of both "Ole Miss" and "Rebels." It's inevitable. This is funny to us, but it'll rip Rebel Nation a new one. Ten years or 20, they won't be Rebels anymore, and they won't be Ole Miss.

And don't forget the squad of MSU Updykes headed their way with a metric ton of Agent Orange. Full Serengeti by Easter..

BeastMan
11-28-2014, 01:16 PM
I just want to clear one thing up. The Belk Bowl is by no means a lock for OM. After the Capital One, there is no pecking order anymore. There is a process where the SEC and the bowls decides who goes where. It's going to be political as hell. If OM was to lose the EB, they will be very undesireable b/c of a deflated fanbase that won't travel well. They're facing a very similar situation to MSU in 2012 with the big difference being that we got protected by a rule that a team with more than 2 losses couldn't jump us in the selection order. That isn't the case anymore.

Here is the SEC bowl selection process
http://m.stltoday.com/sports/college/mizzou/eye-on-the-tigers/sec-unveils-new-bowl-lineup-selection-process-for/article_d2f2fb7d-975e-5a67-ae71-9df555262de1.html?mobile_touch=true

AlmostPositive
11-28-2014, 01:25 PM
(I just use the Belk Bowl as a stand in for whatever pointless dance-off they make it to.)

BeastMan
11-28-2014, 02:22 PM
(I just use the Belk Bowl as a stand in for whatever pointless dance-off they make it to.)

I've seen some of their mods on the premium boards say the worst they could do is Belk Bowl and that's doesn't make much sense for the reasons I gave.

msstate7
11-28-2014, 02:23 PM
I've seen some of their mods on the premium boards say the worst they could do is Belk Bowl and that's doesn't make much sense for the reasons I gave.

Any bowl will choose ark over them for sure. Ark fans are pumped for a bowl

FlabLoser
11-28-2014, 02:32 PM
I just want to clear one thing up. The Belk Bowl is by no means a lock for OM. After the Capital One, there is no pecking order anymore. There is a process where the SEC and the bowls decides who goes where. It's going to be political as hell. If OM was to lose the EB, they will be very undesireable b/c of a deflated fanbase that won't travel well. They're facing a very similar situation to MSU in 2012 with the big difference being that we got protected by a rule that a team with more than 2 losses couldn't jump us in the selection order. That isn't the case anymore.

Here is the SEC bowl selection process
http://m.stltoday.com/sports/college/mizzou/eye-on-the-tigers/sec-unveils-new-bowl-lineup-selection-process-for/article_d2f2fb7d-975e-5a67-ae71-9df555262de1.html?mobile_touch=true

Thanks for posting.

Article basically says the Cap One has 1st pick and after that the SEC chooses all the bowl match ups. What could go wrong?**

Aces High
11-28-2014, 02:35 PM
If we win and get jumped and are a 5 seed, we will play orange bowl. That is already done so win and we are in orange , sugar or pasadena.

Miss. Stake
11-28-2014, 02:46 PM
Capital One took over sponsership of the Orange Bowl so now its the buffalo wild wings citrus bowl I believe

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11419086/2014-15-college-football-bowl-schedule

Quaoarsking
11-28-2014, 03:13 PM
Yes, the bowl formerly known as the "Capital One Bowl" has reverted back to the Citrus Bowl and the Orange Bowl is now the "Capital One Orange Bowl."

There no longer is a bowl called the Capital One Bowl, so if you hear that term, it could possibly refer to either one now. Very confusing.

Dawg61
11-28-2014, 03:47 PM
UMissBears.com

AlmostPositive
11-28-2014, 03:57 PM
Umiss Fighting ShepherdSmiths

SDDawg
11-28-2014, 04:09 PM
The University of Ole Miss will never die (it will just rot away and stink to high heaven)...