PDA

View Full Version : Interesting on the Fla coaching job

Coach34
11-27-2014, 10:32 PM
Chad Morris- the OC at Clemson- has taken the SMU job. He was offered it 2 weeks ago- but was waiting to see if Dabo got the Fla job. So apparently- Dabo has been informed he didnt get the Fla job. Could that mean someone has accepted the Fla job????

Smitty
11-27-2014, 10:44 PM
Dabo holding out for Saban to hang it up.

Coach34
11-27-2014, 10:46 PM
No- Dabo tried like a mf'er to get the Fla job. He has obviously been told he didnt get it. Morris waited because he wants the Clemson job

DownwardDawg
11-27-2014, 10:48 PM
Dabo holding out for Saban to hang it up.

Huh? No way Bama would hire dabo.

Smitty
11-27-2014, 10:50 PM
Dabo would go to UF but Bama is hi dream. I think Bama wouldn't have an issue hiring him.

Tbaen
11-27-2014, 11:55 PM
I've been in Oxford 2 days. My insider doesn't "know" but is hearing Freeze will go. More telling, perhaps, he says good riddance.

Also, as everyone else is hearing, Bo can't walk. He'll take the painkillers and go, but he won't do any running.

If any of this is a smokescreen, the money boys are not in the circle of trust. Lots of negativity, and that's out of the ordinary.

preachermatt83
11-28-2014, 12:50 AM
I really just don't think Bucky is going to Florida. I think that OM will pay Freeze whatever Florida offers or more. This is all just a ploy to do 2 things... 1.) Win the press conference 2.) Get a Raise... I think Morris taking the SMU job is more of a deal of SMU getting tired of waiting and saying now or never ole buddy.

ShotgunDawg
11-28-2014, 09:00 AM
Until proven otherwise this just appears to be another attempt to gain momentum by winning a press conference that they created.

Ralph
11-28-2014, 09:25 AM
Freeze would be dumb not to take it now. They are going to be horrendous next couple years. At least at fl he can buy himself prob 2-3 years before getting shit canned. That being said, hope he stays.

KB21
11-28-2014, 09:41 AM
Until proven otherwise this just appears to be another attempt to gain momentum by winning a press conference that they created.

This is what I think. They want to create the perception that their coach is "wanted" by major programs, when in actuality, Hugh Freeze is well down the list of candidates Florida wants to talk to.

msstatelp1
11-28-2014, 10:30 AM
At least at fl he can buy himself prob 2-3 years before getting shit canned.

Even if he stays, I think OM fires him after 2016, especially if he doesn't at least match what we do this season and bring them a victory (or 2) in the Egg Bowl.

Maroonthirteen
11-28-2014, 11:24 AM
This is what I think. They want to create the perception that their coach is "wanted" by major programs, when in actuality, Hugh Freeze is well down the list of candidates Florida wants to talk to.

I'm buying this. Sexton is shaking down Bjork. No way Freeze is Florida's choice today. They are hunting for a trophy buck right now. If they truly have their eye on Freeze, they can cull him later in the season if a trophy never shows.

1bigdawg
11-28-2014, 11:35 AM
So these are the five names out there for the Florida job according to sources.
Gary Patterson – TCU
Larry Fedora – North Carolina
Steve Adazzio – Boston College
David Cutcliffe – Duke
Hugh Freeze – Mississippi

Patterson has been at TCU for 15 seasons. I cannot think of a coach who had built a program over that length of time leaving and don't believe he will either.

Fedora is fools gold. He won at USM with Bower's recruits and did well at first at UNC with Butch Davis' recruits. He is 6-5 at UNC. I don't believe Foley will go for that after he dumped Gundy from the list.

Addazio has done a good job at building at BC, but is also 6-5. Foley likes him, but he did not do well enough as "interim" at Florida to get the job.

Cutcliffe should be the hottest name in football, but I see Michigan going for him bigtime. Also, it is hard to see Foley hiring someone TSUN fired, even if they regret it.

That leaves Freeze. I thought at first this was just something we started to cause distress among the TSUN faithful. But if this list is correct, he is the frontrunner and could be named Monday.

If I were Foley I would also look at McIllwaine, the former Bama OC now doing well at Colorado State, Doc Holliday at Marshall, and Justin Fuente at Memphis.

MabenMaroon
11-28-2014, 01:17 PM
I would hate it for Memphis, but UF needs to pull the trigger on Fuente. He has a good pedigree, 5 years under Patterson at TCU, and was their OC/coOC. He was also TCU's qb coach and had a big hand in developing Andy Dalton and Casey Paschall. So he has got the offensive flair they are looking for, also seems to be pretty good at qb development. Sooner or later Fuente will wind up at a Power5 school and will do well. My biggest fear of Fuente is if he stays at Memphis, if he does, the Tigers will beat tsun at Memphis next October and become one of the final nails in Bucky's coffin. The tsun powers that be will then wind up hiring him and that will be a problem for us on down the road. Rather deal with a Fuente coached team on an occasional basis than on a yearly basis at tsun.