PDA

View Full Version : Buy/Sell: B.York is in way over his head in dealing with Sexton.

ScottH
11-27-2014, 08:14 PM
I'm buying in the largest quantity possible.

I seen it dawg
11-27-2014, 08:53 PM
Lol really?

SDDawg
11-27-2014, 09:32 PM
Maybe they can wrestle.

Harrydawg
11-27-2014, 09:46 PM
Remember UM's very own Walker Jones is now working for Sexton....gotta be tricky for him.

Coach34
11-27-2014, 10:00 PM
If he makes Freezus one of college football's top10 paid coaches- then yes he is

FlabLoser
11-27-2014, 10:03 PM
Nutt also got overpaid over there and it cost Ole Miss dearly. That was a different AD though.

gravedigger
11-27-2014, 11:52 PM
Kinda rock and a hard place. Got to give him something ir he'll leave. Give him more than u can buy out next year and you are stuck for a year beyond his usefulness.

I hope they have to pay him big. Would love it if foley kept his mouth shut leaving bjork to wonder.

Mullen probably isn't concerned as he knows we'll pay whatever he wans if we get in the playoff.

Johnson85
11-28-2014, 08:31 AM
If he makes Freezus one of college football's top10 paid coaches- then yes he is

Keeping freeze is Bjorks only option, even if it means badly overpaying. If uf really offered and it required top 10 money to keep him, keeping freeze would guarantee bjork another 4 years in the current job. Depending on what his money guys are saying about keeping freeze, he might could even survive if freeze subsequently pulled a nutt. If he let freeze walk, he'd be on the hot seat next year when his replacement was blamed for a drop off even though he was left without a qb or sec running back. Sexton knows,this so if there is a real offer, um is going to get taken to the cleaners even if bjork is smarter than sexton. Can't overcome being dealt a hand like that.

SDDawg
11-28-2014, 11:10 AM
Keeping freeze is Bjorks only option, even if it means badly overpaying. If uf really offered and it required top 10 money to keep him, keeping freeze would guarantee bjork another 4 years in the current job. Depending on what his money guys are saying about keeping freeze, he might could even survive if freeze subsequently pulled a nutt. If he let freeze walk, he'd be on the hot seat next year when his replacement was blamed for a drop off even though he was left without a qb or sec running back. Sexton knows,this so if there is a real offer, um is going to get taken to the cleaners even if bjork is smarter than sexton. Can't overcome being dealt a hand like that.

The correct move is to let Freeze go or he can stay on the current contract. Very simple. For the money they'd have to pay Freeze to match UF, they can get a better coach. I've been telling this group all year that Freeze was overrated and might get fired this year. That Bama fluke win kept him in good standing but had they lost that game they would have fallen out of the Top 25 after the Auburn loss. They have limited depth for the time Freeze has had and his recruiting classes are top heavy- a few guys are contributing very well but down the line the production is not there. Freeze has done nothing to develop guys, he has kept his starters in for 3.5 quarters in blowout games all year long. Looks pretty foolish now, doesn't it? Freeze can make all of the excuses he wants and their fans can make them too, but he's underperforming and it's going to get a lot worse next year. The right business decision is to not pay him another dime. What I expect OM to do is something else entirely.