PDA

View Full Version : My sources say bjork to match UF offer plus incentives

Apoplectic
11-27-2014, 08:01 PM
That would put him in top ten paid and keep bucky amongst the beautiful shrubs and bushes.

I seen it dawg
11-27-2014, 08:02 PM
Hell yes! We need the putz to stay right where he is.

Saltydog
11-27-2014, 08:06 PM
Freeze is simply using this to get a pay raise. If UM is stupid enough to pay him that kind of money for those kinda results (likely 5th place SECW finish), then let them piss their money away.

SDDawg
11-27-2014, 08:06 PM
Hell yes! We need the putz to stay right where he is.

Overpaid and underperforming, perfect recipe at OM.

Coach34
11-27-2014, 08:17 PM
That would be awesome. Make a guy who's best season is 8-4 one of nation's highest paid coaches.

maroonmania
11-27-2014, 08:19 PM
Overpaid and underperforming, perfect recipe at OM.

He's performing in recruiting and that is the biggest thing for them. As long as he is having winning seasons and bringing in "Top 20 ranked recruiting classes" he will adored at OM.

Saltydog
11-27-2014, 08:20 PM
nt

msstate7
11-27-2014, 08:25 PM
Stretch themselves out paying Bucky and leave nothing for assistants

ScoobaDawg
11-27-2014, 08:30 PM
He's performing in recruiting and that is the biggest thing for them. As long as he is having winning seasons and bringing in "Top 20 ranked recruiting classes" he will adored at OM.

We will see about that depending on if Auburn does us a favor...or if we sneak into the playoffs and win the whole damn thing.

SDDawg
11-27-2014, 08:41 PM

Good- they can adore his sorry ass and we can stomp a mud hole in it every year. Fine with me.

TrapGame
11-27-2014, 08:57 PM
Bjork is about make the worst mistake of his career. Bucky ain't worth it.

Spiderman
11-27-2014, 09:01 PM
If I were Ole Miss, I'd call his damn bluff. He ain't been offered shit.

codeDawg
11-27-2014, 09:02 PM
I've heard the same, but that was to be expected. There are a lot more reasons for him to take it.

Pollodawg
11-27-2014, 09:17 PM
If he makes Freeze a top ten paid coach, he's a moron. You don't pay an 8-5 head coach a top ten salary.

msstate7
11-27-2014, 09:21 PM
If bjork does this stupid move, it'll put us in a tough position. Mullen will most likely want what freeze gets or more. If we pay that type of money, paying assistants will be tough. OM will have the same problem

Homedawg
11-27-2014, 09:25 PM
If I were Ole Miss, I'd call his damn bluff. He ain't been offered shit.

I'm inclined to believe this

msstate7
11-27-2014, 09:28 PM
I'm inclined to believe this

If he had something to do with this huge distraction, I'd offer less than he currently makes. Pretty crappy to do stuff like that during the season esp when your season is falling apart

SDDawg
11-27-2014, 09:31 PM
He's so gone, I think the only question is does he leave before or after the SEC Championship Game. I'm sure that Slive wants to avoid the distractions and will try to keep a lid on it.

gravedigger
11-27-2014, 09:31 PM
If bjork does this stupid move, it'll put us in a tough position. Mullen will most likely want what freeze gets or more. If we pay that type of money, paying assistants will be tough. OM will have the same problem

I dont think we can afford to even consider paying mullen less than freeze. Mullen is worth north of 4 mil and probably 5

Todd4State
11-27-2014, 09:33 PM
I dont think we can afford to even consider paying mullen less than freeze. Mullen is worth north of 4 mil and probably 5

We'll do what we have to do. LT is gone.

Coach34
11-27-2014, 09:41 PM
Mullen deserves a raise to 4MM- that's enough for now. He aint gonna leave because someone else might offer 4.3 somewhere else

codeDawg
11-27-2014, 09:46 PM

HC pay is not an issue for anyone in the SEC. People are going to get raises to market value. It's the rest of the budget that is the difference.

Smitty
11-27-2014, 09:51 PM
I thought someone left money so that "coaches salary would never be an issue"

FlabLoser
11-27-2014, 09:52 PM
Isn't Freeze already getting more than Dan?

SDDawg
11-27-2014, 09:56 PM
Isn't Freeze already getting more than Dan?

He is and it's total bullshit. Time to ante up, this is the year to pay Dan. He's definitely earned it.

FlabLoser
11-27-2014, 10:02 PM
Dan has earned a nice raise.

But goings on in Oxford should never be in that picture.

Dawg61
11-27-2014, 10:04 PM

We can afford it. We're making more than we can spend already and we're intentionally overspending already just to keep the reserve from getting too big.

SDDawg
11-27-2014, 10:21 PM
Dan has earned a nice raise.

But goings on in Oxford should never be in that picture.

Agreed and just so it's clear, I think that's been the plan all along this year. Nothing to do with Oxford, just makes sense. Dan is a long-term guy, doesn't think short-term so I doubt he's sweating it. It's just time to take the next step with him.

I hope OM makes Freeze the highest paid coach in the country so we can make fun of him for all of his excuses. Give him Saban money OMers and then brag about highly paid he is!!!

Coach34
11-27-2014, 10:24 PM
Mullen's raise will be because he went 11-1

TrapGame
11-27-2014, 10:45 PM
Has Freeze spent this week concocting the Great Florida Caper with Sexton instead of preparing his team for the Egg Bowl?

SDDawg
11-27-2014, 10:56 PM
Has Freeze spent this week concocting the Great Florida Caper with Sexton instead of preparing his team for the Egg Bowl?

Preparing to win the press conference. Crootin' on CeCe all week long, I'd bet my last dollar on it.

TUSK
11-27-2014, 11:21 PM
1-OM won't outspend Florida.
2-#1 is irrelevant bc UF can do better.
3-not sure what Dan makes but he (IMO) deserves 3.5ish.
4-frick, bammers fixin to hafta mortgage trailor houses to properly compensate Dark Lord.

MabenMaroon
11-27-2014, 11:26 PM
4-frick, bammers fixin to hafta mortgage trailor houses to properly compensate Dark Lord.

#4 - you mean second mortgages, I thought they had already taken out mortgages for his last raise

TUSK
11-27-2014, 11:36 PM
I thought O'Bama forgave the loans, no?

Dawg61
11-27-2014, 11:38 PM

Florida doesn't have as much money as everyone thinks. They posted a video earlier this year crying cause they couldn't practice indoors when it rained.

TUSK
11-27-2014, 11:53 PM
Florida doesn't have as much money as everyone thinks. They posted a video earlier this year crying cause they couldn't practice indoors when it rained.

Dude, if you don't think Uf can outspend UM.....

Well, Jesus, I'm not sure what to say....

SDDawg
11-27-2014, 11:56 PM

Dan is making $3M, should be making about $4M. Had his last raise this off-season.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2014/dan-mullen-contract-extension/

Dawg61
11-28-2014, 12:29 AM
Dude, if you don't think Uf can outspend UM.....

Well, Jesus, I'm not sure what to say....

Yea maybe if they had to come up with 100 mill on a dime but neither school would have to go to an amount they can't both afford. It's not like they'd have to write 100 million dollar checks suddenly. Both schools can afford to pay him (not that they even would) the highest salary in all of football. It renders your point meaningless. Nobody is paying 100 million for Bucky Dumbass.

TUSK
11-28-2014, 12:46 AM
Yea maybe if they had to come up with 100 mill on a dime but neither school would have to go to an amount they can't both afford. It's not like they'd have to write 100 million dollar checks suddenly. Both schools can afford to pay him (not that they even would) the highest salary in all of football. It renders your point meaningless. Nobody is paying 100 million for Bucky Dumbass.

Exactly... Freeze isn't close to getting "real" money & UF wouldn't hire him for free. It's a moot point.

JDog13
11-28-2014, 12:53 AM
You guys remember a few years ago when the bears were still paying on 5 former head coaches contracts? Let them give him a stupid raise. History shows to not be on their side.

TUSK
11-28-2014, 12:54 AM
UF is going to swing for the fences on this one, IMO.

They gonna want a big time hire; ala a burnout HC from a great program (stoops) or a rockstar coordinator from a big program (smart/chavis). I don't see them settling for an also ran guy at an also ran program.

Coach34
11-28-2014, 01:00 AM
UF is going to swing for the fences on this one, IMO.

They gonna want a big time hire; ala a burnout HC from a great program (stoops) or a rockstar coordinator from a big program (smart/chavis). I don't see them settling for an also ran guy at an also ran program.

I cant see any of those guys even getting a chance...they want hype and juice- and it has to be offense

Reason2succeed
11-28-2014, 01:03 AM
Bucky has to get out of town before the narrative changes on him. Right now he is being praised for being a good recruiter but eventually the story becomes that he squandered one of the best recruiting classes in the country and allowed the in-state rival to go historic on their @$$es.

codeDawg
11-28-2014, 08:58 AM

Florida was 2nd in the SEC for revenue last year at $120MM while UM was second to last at under $60MM, one spot ahead of Missouri. Florida can outspend them, but they also have to justify paying a guy above market value.

Nobody in the SEC is limited by what they CAN pay a head coach. It is by far the most important element to success in the football program, but you can't just throw money at anybody. Freeze has had one year of great success recruiting, and so far it has not translated to great success on the field. His offensive genius just translated to a getting shutout by Arkansas. The only thing working is defense, and maybe Wommak deserves more credit there.

i don't think Florida is going to get involved in a bidding war over Freeze. Maybe they get him there on the terms they already agreed to, or maybe he just signs an extension.

Aces High
11-28-2014, 09:52 AM
We can afford it. We're making more than we can spend already and we're intentionally overspending already just to keep the reserve from getting too big.

Um no. We can pay dan more but not much. We arent "intentionally overspending" on anything.

mic
11-28-2014, 10:29 AM
Highest expectations in Oxford in over a decade
Lose 3 out of last 4
At best gator bowl
Finish 5th in SEC
1-2 against Mullen and Co.

Sounds like a resume perfect for a huge raise......

GreenheadDawg
11-28-2014, 10:32 AM
I hope Freeze stays. He doesn't scare me. He's a good recruiter but he can't develop talent and can't control his team. Hope he hangs around

Ifyouonlyknew
11-28-2014, 10:34 AM
We can pay Dan $5mil/yr if we needed to & wouldn't bat an eye about it.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-28-2014, 11:03 AM

At some point though, don't we have to increase our assistants' pay as well? Mullen is a hell of a coach and deserves what he gets, but he can't do it all by himself.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-28-2014, 11:12 AM
I don't disagree with that at all. I was just speaking on HC & their salaries.

Aces High
11-28-2014, 11:15 AM

We can do it but it wouldnt be without batting an eye.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-28-2014, 11:22 AM
We can do it but it wouldnt be without batting an eye.

If say Michigan came & offered Dan $5mil/yr & he said if yall match I'll stay, we wouldn't bat an eye we'd pay it.

Political Hack
11-28-2014, 11:25 AM
I thought someone left money so that "coaches salary would never be an issue"

"Dan Mullen will never leave because of money."

Pollodawg
11-28-2014, 11:55 AM
I really wish people would drop the antiquated notion that OM is a "money school." They are not. Yes, I understand that the SEC Network has enriched the coffers of every institution in the conference, but those who had bulging pockets before still have fatter pockets than the lower half of the SEC.

No, OM cannot outspend anyone they want. It saddens me that some of our own fans cling to this line of thinking 40 years past its demise.

AlSwearengen
11-28-2014, 12:20 PM
Freeze is between a rock and a hard place. He is considered a great recruiter (I could be with those boosters behind me) but the kids they get using the tactics they do have proven to be unreliable at best and completely out of control at worst.

He can go to Florida where all they have to do is pay recruits fair market value and be more picky about their talent AND character. If they act up at florida he can just run them off.

On the other hand, he has to hope that his system is legit. If not, Florida is the end of the line. He can't make more than one speech about better recruiting after losing to Florida state. One is all he gets before the heat gets really high.

Smitty
11-28-2014, 03:02 PM
Fredo's cross division opponent next year..... @Florida

codeDawg
11-28-2014, 03:59 PM
I really wish people would drop the antiquated notion that OM is a "money school." They are not. Yes, I understand that the SEC Network has enriched the coffers of every institution in the conference, but those who had bulging pockets before still have fatter pockets than the lower half of the SEC.

No, OM cannot outspend anyone they want. It saddens me that some of our own fans cling to this line of thinking 40 years past its demise.

MSU brought in 26% more revenue than UM last year. UM was second to last in revenue in the SEC. They are not a rich school by any stretch of the imagination.

Dawg496
11-28-2014, 05:43 PM
MSU brought in 26% more revenue than UM last year. UM was second to last in revenue in the SEC. They are not a rich school by any stretch of the imagination.

I've been looking for these numbers. Care to share where you found them? Not saying I don't believe you, just wanted to share them myself.

Thanks

codeDawg
11-28-2014, 06:09 PM
I've been looking for these numbers. Care to share where you found them? Not saying I don't believe you, just wanted to share them myself.

Thanks

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=sec&id=64053&src=desktop

Dawg496
11-28-2014, 07:16 PM
http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=sec&id=64053&src=desktop

Thanks boss. That is for 2012, wonder if there are updates for 2013 yet. Also does anyone know if that includes donations to the BDC? And our revenue for '14 will be even higher by at least 5 mm due to the stadium expansion.

IMissJack
11-28-2014, 07:36 PM
[QUOTE= And our revenue for '14 will be even higher by at least 5 mm due to the stadium expansion.[/QUOTE]

Also, wasn't our new deal with Adidas after 2012?

Dawg496
11-28-2014, 08:11 PM
Also, wasn't our new deal with Adidas after 2012?

Yeah, signed this summer. Plus SEC Network cash, etc.