PDA

View Full Version : LSU vs Texas A&M

ShotgunDawg
11-27-2014, 10:31 AM
While I don't believe the committee will get picky about resumes to determine the playoff, I suppose it couldn't hurt and would make it easier for the committee to justify us, if the right teams win.

That being said, who do we want to win tonight between LSU and Texas A&M?

My first though is that we want LSU to win, in order to increase the appreciation for our road win in Baton Rouge.

Do both teams get back in the top 25 with a win?

Smitty
11-27-2014, 10:33 AM
I'm pulling for the Tigahs. Can't stand the Aggie cult.

Drugdog
11-27-2014, 10:45 AM
Would have pulled for Lsu, not now the way Miles handled getting his ass kicked.

Political Hack
11-27-2014, 11:11 AM
I like LSU's fans and a road win > home win over a top 25.

Les Miles can eat grass.

SDDawg
11-27-2014, 11:12 AM
It's LSU ramming the football down A&M's throat and disrupting the passing game, Geaux Tigers.

AlmostPositive
11-27-2014, 11:15 AM
Humanity is generally well-served when LSU loses. In this case, with our Playoff position looking a little tenuous, I'm for whatever boosts our resume... that is probably an LSU win.

messageboardsuperhero
11-27-2014, 11:29 AM
This is a good matchup for LSU- their running attack v. A&M's pathetic rush D, and their secondary v. A&M's pass first offense. Also consider what LSU has done defensively against A&M the past couple of season with JF- what do you think will happen now that he's gone? They were pretty much the only team that was able to slow that offense down from 2012-2013, and now A&M is weaker. I think LSU wins this one handily.

As for what effect it has on us, an LSU win would no doubt vault them into the top 25, which would give us a good road win at the toughest place in America to play... But this is a prime example of the SECW beating up on each other. IMO, the committee shouldn't use what happens tonight against us either way.

ShotgunDawg
11-27-2014, 11:53 AM
How about TCU vs Texas?
I realize TCU is 5th, but they've played their toughest games, and it may be in our best interest for Baylor and TCU to tie for the Big 12 title.

That being said, if TCU looks impressive tonight, do they have a chance to jump us?

msstate7
11-27-2014, 11:59 AM
How about TCU vs Texas?
I realize TCU is 5th, but they've played their toughest games, and it may be in our best interest for Baylor and TCU to tie for the Big 12 title.

That being said, if TCU looks impressive tonight, do they have a chance to jump us?

I've decided to forget trying to think like the committee. I'm pulling for bama, Oregon, Fsu, tcu, Ohio state, and Baylor to lose.

MabenMaroon
11-27-2014, 12:55 PM
Making the call, that when all the dust settles on Saturday night Dec.6 the CFBP will be as follows:

1) SEC champion and #1 MSU
2) Ohio State
3) TCU
4) Baylor

DudyDawg
11-27-2014, 02:57 PM
Any team contending with us is a team we would like to lose. We may not need it, but it would help