PDA

View Full Version : The Preacher's Ponderings: Looking Closely

preachermatt83
11-26-2014, 06:35 PM
I realize that this may be lengthy but I hope that some might enjoy.

Let's step back for a moment and look closely. Let me first state that I firmly believe that we will beat OM and that we WILL END UP IN THE 4 TEAM PLAYOFF. Having said that though I want to step back and look at the season that Has been, up to this point. We are ALL so caught up on making the SEC title game and also worrying over the playoff but in reality we have NO CONTROL over what that committee decides. We have done, up until now, enough to make it in but yet again we still have no control over what is decided so lets not even think of it at the moment. Lets wallow in the greatness of 3 HUGE realities...

1. We have ALREADY won 10 games with games left to play. That is AWESOME but we are so wrapped up in this playoff deal that we cant even enjoy it fully. Its to the point that even if we beat OM but Bama beats Auburn and we don't end up in Atlanta and then if we are left out of the playoffs many of us will be too disappointed to realize what has happened this year. WE HAVE 10 WINS ALREADY with a good chance to finish the season 12-1(including bowl win) without even making the playoffs. Everyone on this board would have took that in a heartbeat a few short weeks ago. Imagine, Mississippi State, 12-1

2. We have a heck of a coach and he's not going anywhere. We are no longer Poor lil ole MSU. Dan has made this one of the best jobs in the country! Many of us, including me was giving up on him last year. I WAS WRONG. His player development is unreal good. Dan began to win me back over with the last three games of the year last year and I will never be so quick to jump the gun again on a football coach. So rather than getting so caught up in everything else lets just take a moment to say Thank you Dan.

3. Next year is SUPPOSED to be a down year for us. Sure, we get Dak back and should have JRob back but we would be blind to think that with all that we are losing that we will be a GREAT team again next year. Guess what though.... 7-8 wins are very likely. Think about it... 7-8 wins, is a DOWN year. For YEARS that has always been an up year!! The culture has changed. Winning is here and guys, I believe it is here to stay!!!

I want to go to Atlanta... I want to go to the playoff... I want to win a National Championship but NONE of that is in our control. It is all very possible but what is under our control is winning atleast 12 games and finishing the year 12-1 with ANOTHER win over OM. All I can say fellas is it's a great day to be a bulldawg!!! #HAILSTATE!!!!!!

SDDawg
11-26-2014, 06:47 PM
I think next year will be even better than you state, but great post overall.

Coach34
11-26-2014, 07:23 PM
Yeah- I think we are an 8 win team next year also. Bama and LSU at home- big swing games on the road

DLGDawg
11-26-2014, 08:31 PM
Excellent post Preach.

This year we took the "next step". We could lose our last 2 games and it wouldn't change the fact the next step was taken this year.
-number 1 in the polls for 5 weeks
-in the CFP poll every week it's been out
-Dak and the heisman contention. Whether he wins or not he's been in the discussion for most of the year.
-constant talk about national championship possibilities
-first 10 win regular season.

The exposure from all this cannot be bought.

LC Dawg
11-26-2014, 09:33 PM
I have and will continue to enjoy every second of this. You're right, we can't control the playoffs. Just enjoy what we're doing.

Barking 13
11-26-2014, 09:34 PM
We are now a legitimate contender in football, baseball, in a few years could be basketball, women's basketball, Softball, etc... This ain't your Daddy's State (or my usual State either)

Let that soak a few.....