PDA

View Full Version : Fredo?

Dawg61
11-26-2014, 05:04 PM
Sorry I missed this. When and why is Ole Miss Fredo now?

I'm fully aware this thread could turn ugly for me. I still want to know the Fredo thing. Thanks.

NorCalDawg
11-26-2014, 05:09 PM
It's something that has to be seen to be understood.

IMG_4710.JPG

Dawgowar
11-26-2014, 05:15 PM
It's something that has to be seen to be understood.

IMG_4710.JPG

Stop showing the picture of my grandmother!

NorCalDawg
11-26-2014, 05:15 PM
OK, I'll get you off the hook.

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?25507-Sunday-Morning-QB-Settling-Family-Business-Edition

NorCalDawg
11-26-2014, 05:17 PM
Stop showing the picture of my grandmother!

But, she's so hot!!!

sandwolf
11-26-2014, 05:19 PM
Sorry I missed this. When and why is Ole Miss Fredo now?

I'm fully aware this thread could turn ugly for me. I still want to know the Fredo thing. Thanks.

I'm right there with you. I have no idea what its about. From what I have gathered, it looks like it is a reference to a character out of The Godfather.

AFDawg
11-26-2014, 05:26 PM
I'm right there with you. I have no idea what its about. From what I have gathered, it looks like it is a reference to a character out of The Godfather.

Fredo = big brother...but stupid and weak.

Dawg61
11-26-2014, 05:33 PM

Ahh thanks!

BrunswickDawg
11-26-2014, 05:41 PM
Man Dawg61, yall not knowing who Fredo is makes me feel real old.

DawgHouseUnited
11-26-2014, 05:44 PM

I'd thought that the Godfather movies were fairly timeless, especially the first one.

RIdog
11-26-2014, 05:57 PM
I'd thought that the Godfather movies were fairly timeless, especially the first one.

Godfather I & II ARE timeless - III not so much .

Dawg61
11-26-2014, 06:05 PM

I've never seen the Godfather movies to be honest. I haven't seen more than 15-20 movies made in the 70's and 60's. Movies didn't really get very good till Alien, Star Wars and E.T. started coming out.

Coach34
11-26-2014, 06:05 PM

This

Ole Missus people love to talk Big Brother and Flagship smack- but they are just simply Fredo

Coach34
11-26-2014, 06:06 PM
I've never seen the Godfather movies to be honest. .

Jesus

You need to take 6 hours and watch I and II- it's one of the 5 best movies ever made with the best sequel in history

Dawg61
11-26-2014, 06:11 PM
Jesus

You need to take 6 hours and watch I and II- it's one of the 5 best movies ever made with the best sequel in history

If so I'll buy them.

Coach34
11-26-2014, 06:15 PM
you wont be disappointed

Political Hack
11-26-2014, 06:16 PM
GFII may be the best movie ever.

Dawg61
11-26-2014, 06:20 PM
GFII may be the best movie ever.

GTFO of here. It may be good but it isn't cracking top status.

RIdog
11-26-2014, 06:23 PM

Wait till you watch it before you make that comment !

Coach34
11-26-2014, 06:27 PM

The first one won 3 Oscars and the second won 6- the only sequel to ever win an Oscar. The 2nd one is actually a prequel and its just basically 6 hours of movie- not a sequel with some different plot

Jacksondevildog
11-26-2014, 06:34 PM

http://m.imdb.com/chart/top/

MSUDawg4Life
11-26-2014, 06:38 PM

You GTFO of here.

There's something wrong with an American man who hasn't seen The Godfather trilogy at least ten times.

civilengineerdog
11-26-2014, 06:52 PM
http://www.billdamon.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Horsehead.png

Dawg61
11-26-2014, 06:57 PM
http://m.imdb.com/chart/top/

That list sucks.

BrunswickDawg
11-26-2014, 06:57 PM
I've never seen the Godfather movies to be honest. I haven't seen more than 15-20 movies made in the 70's and 60's. Movies didn't really get very good till Alien, Star Wars and E.T. started coming out.
Wow, all due respect, but you need branch out. I love all 3 of those movies, but there are some incredible movies made prior to 1977.

Dawg61
11-26-2014, 06:58 PM
You GTFO of here.

There's something wrong with an American man who hasn't seen The Godfather trilogy at least ten times.

Ok grandpa I'll watch the first two. Jeez

civilengineerdog
11-26-2014, 06:58 PM
OK, I'll get you off the hook.

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?25507-Sunday-Morning-QB-Settling-Family-Business-Edition

http://www.chud.com/articles/content_images/17/Godfather8.jpg

Dawg61
11-26-2014, 07:01 PM
Wow, all due respect, but you need branch out. I love all 3 of those movies, but there are some incredible movies made prior to 1977.

Probably so but come on guys the cinematography was shit back then. James Bond was the MAN back then but holy hell were the graphics and effects total dogshit. Makes it difficult to watch after seeing something like Avatar in IMAX3D.

Coach34
11-26-2014, 07:05 PM
Probably so but come on guys the cinematography was shit back then. James Bond was the MAN back then but holy hell were the graphics and effects total dogshit. Makes it difficult to watch after seeing something like Avatar in IMAX3D.

Not if you appreciate the film for what it is and the era in which it was made

Dawg61
11-26-2014, 07:08 PM

Yes yes I know I know but it's like going from an Xbox One to a Nintendo. Sure it's fun for 10 minutes but then you say "fu@k it" I'm going back to the One.

BrunswickDawg
11-26-2014, 07:11 PM
Especially when you know they were inventing something new in the craft of filmmaking. Watch some Chaplin - or even better Buster Keaton - they invented special effects without making a sound. Watch the Seven Samauri - that movie inspired all the cinematography you see now. I could go on, but I'd rather go sip some bourbon...

MabenMaroon
11-26-2014, 07:30 PM
Yes yes I know I know but it's like going from an Xbox One to a Nintendo. Sure it's fun for 10 minutes but then you say "fu@k it" I'm going back to the One.

You're cheating yourself, graphics are different now than then, but the story, the dialogue and the acting are items that need to be paid attention to as well. While looking at that list, it reminded me of probably no less than a hundred sayings and lines that are a common part of our daily language and conversations. To see where these originate from and the true context from which these lines and sayings come from really heightens the gist of what a lot people say and what they mean when they speak. Give some of those older movies a try, you won't be sorry.

I seen it dawg
11-26-2014, 07:44 PM

Obtuse

Dawg61
11-26-2014, 07:52 PM
Obtuse

Yea probably. Oh well.

SheltonChoked
11-26-2014, 09:28 PM
No the effects were shit. The cinematography and most importantly the story were excellent.

I swear I need to put together a list.

Never seen the godfather, Jesus. Kids these days...

BrunswickDawg
11-26-2014, 09:40 PM
No the effects were shit. The cinematography and most importantly the story were excellent.

I swear I need to put together a list.

Never seen the godfather.
Jebus Shelton, how did you hang out with me and KR for 4 years and NOT see the Godfather? I feel like I let you down.

DLGDawg
11-26-2014, 09:55 PM
As a parent and watching many cartoon/animated movies during mid 2000's ....WALL-E coming in before Monsters Inc, Shrek, or Cars is just a travesty. I smell a conspiracy!!! ha

SheltonChoked
11-26-2014, 09:56 PM
No I miss spoke. I've seen all 3. Even watched a special edition that put them all in order.

It was in heavy rotation with G and J. Along with Full Metal Jacket, Millers Crossing, and Clockwork Orange.

Political Hack
11-26-2014, 10:00 PM
let me rephrase, GF2 is probably the greatest cinematic achievement of all time. it's so much with so little. two story lines. one movie. it's freaking epic.

Political Hack
11-26-2014, 10:01 PM
No I miss spoke. I've seen all 3. Even watched a special edition that put them all in order.

It was in heavy rotation with G and J. Along with Full Metal Jacket, Millers Crossing, and Clockwork Orange.

you need to lighten up and watch the Big Lebowski.

BrunswickDawg
11-26-2014, 10:19 PM

I feel much better now...

TrapGame
11-26-2014, 10:21 PM
let me rephrase, GF2 is probably the greatest cinematic achievement of all time. it's so much with so little. two story lines. one movie. it's freaking epic.

This.

Perhaps the greatest American movie ever made. I hope AMC runs their Thanksgiving marathon of GF 1 and 2 tomorrow.

I'll probably start referring to the movie Fredo as Bo.

LC Dawg
11-26-2014, 10:36 PM
The special effects in today's movies often hide bad acting and bad stories. You couldn't do that in the older movies. One thing you can't deny about the Godfather movies is they had excellent acting by excellent actors. My son is 21 and I'm proud to say he loves the GF movies and Led Zeppelin. I feel like I've done something right.

RIdog
11-26-2014, 10:42 PM
The special effects in today's movies often hide bad acting and bad stories. You couldn't do that in the older movies. One thing you can't deny about the Godfather movies is they had excellent acting by excellent actors. My son is 21 and I'm proud to say he loves the GF movies and Led Zeppelin. I feel like I've done something right.

Congratulations ! If you've got him down on GF & Zeppelin you done good . :)

Dawg61
11-26-2014, 10:53 PM

Absolutely agree that the special effects are hiding some bad acting today but it minimilises it too so a movie can still be great even without it. Not all. it's just technology. It's nothing for the older crowd to get defensive about. Music isn't the same as movies. Music is more transcendent. It will still be good 100 years from now. Phones get better. Computers get better. TVs get better. Cars get better. Movies get better. Movies are technology. They are computers and graphics. They have gotten phenomenoly better in the last 30 years. Look at even our own film department at State. What kind of highlight films did we put out when Godfather came out? Not shit. Now today we put out the best highlight videos we've ever seen weekly. Movies and films are technology. Don't get offended cause you're sentimental for older movies.

BrunswickDawg
11-26-2014, 11:02 PM
Agree and disagree. Technology has made it possible for stories to be brought to life in ways that were unimaginable even 10 years ago. However, the point of movies is storytelling - and movies have been telling great stories since they were invented. Just like Shakespeare was great in the 1600s and is great today. Same reason Zep was great in the 1970s and is timeless now. It's not sentimentality.