PDA

View Full Version : Bucky says Hobby Lobby will play

starkvegasdawg
11-26-2014, 12:32 PM
From today's teleconference he said the coaching staff would have to chain him down to keep him off the field. Made no mention of his ankle not being about to snap like a twig, though. Just that he wanted to be out there more than anything. To me that is just fine. He's going to be very immobile and not able to get anything on his throws. Couple that with the memories of how he wallaced the game away last year and he will be trying to force passes more and doing more than he really can. To me that is setting up for the perfect storm for him to be a TO machine in that game. He may make a few plays early just on adrenalin alone but as the game wears on that ankle is going to start talking to him more and more and if we get some good shots on him then it may be sooner rather than later. Time to take advantage of an over aggressive cripple, boys.

GTHOM
11-26-2014, 12:37 PM
Bring the blitz. blitz some more, then after that blitz again

defiantdog
11-26-2014, 12:41 PM
They will be bubble screening and short passing everything on Saturday now

GreenheadDawg
11-26-2014, 12:44 PM
I've heard that he is doing better and will be 85-90% by game time and I've heard he looks like he has elephantitis and will be lucky to be 50% by Saturday. So who the **** knows. We will find out at 230 Saturday I guess

msstate7
11-26-2014, 12:49 PM
Gotta respect that in bo. If you could transplant Bo's heart into tunsil's body, tunsil would be as good as OM says he is

starkvegasdawg
11-26-2014, 12:51 PM
I've heard that he is doing better and will be 85-90% by game time and I've heard he looks like he has elephantitis and will be lucky to be 50% by Saturday. So who the **** knows. We will find out at 230 Saturday I guess

85-90% can become 20% really quickly with one or two good shots from a rushing DT.

BrunswickDawg
11-26-2014, 12:54 PM
I read the title as "Bucky says Hobby Lobby will pray", and immediately thought "damn, Freeze had gone from baptizing to faith healin' "

Bubb Rubb
11-26-2014, 12:55 PM
From today's teleconference he said the coaching staff would have to chain him down to keep him off the field. Made no mention of his ankle not being about to snap like a twig, though. Just that he wanted to be out there more than anything. To me that is just fine. He's going to be very immobile and not able to get anything on his throws. Couple that with the memories of how he wallaced the game away last year and he will be trying to force passes more and doing more than he really can. To me that is setting up for the perfect storm for him to be a TO machine in that game. He may make a few plays early just on adrenalin alone but as the game wears on that ankle is going to start talking to him more and more and if we get some good shots on him then it may be sooner rather than later. Time to take advantage of an over aggressive cripple, boys.

Note the wording. If for whatever reason he can't go on Saturday, they can basically say that they had to chain him down to keep him from playing. That he was a warrior and really tried, but just couldn't go. Maybe he plays the first couple of plays but then they go to something else. Maybe they know he can't go but they are just talking him up to affect State's game prep.

I still maintain what I've said: I will be surprised if he plays. If he does, he's going to be limited.

messageboardsuperhero
11-26-2014, 01:02 PM
Based on no inside source or information, I think he plays but is limited. That's usually how these things go.

Say what you want about Wallace, but that guy is tough and a good college QB- even with his noted inconsistency. The ungrateful UM fans are going to miss him more than they think next year.

Political Hack
11-26-2014, 01:10 PM
it's his last home game against an instate rival. of course he wants to play. if he didn't, he shouldn't be playing college football.

AlmostPositive
11-26-2014, 01:19 PM
It makes me sad that he's unlikely to be mobile enough to wallace the game away. Someone else on their low-character roster will have to shoulder the load.

AlSwearengen
11-26-2014, 01:24 PM
If tunsil doesn't play, Bo could get killed if he doesn't get rid of the ball very quickly (bubble screens).

msstate7
11-26-2014, 01:26 PM
If tunsil doesn't play, Bo could get killed if he doesn't get rid of the ball very quickly (bubble screens).

And the bad part is there's no treadwell catching the bubble screens

codeDawg
11-26-2014, 01:27 PM
85-90% can become 20% really quickly with one or two good shots from a rushing DT.

Exactly. As someone who has dealt with a lot of injuries, 90% feel can go to 20% functional with very little stress. He's basically going to be playing in a cast Saturday with the amount of tape they will have on that leg. How well would you play in a cast with people throwing you around and making you run?

Bubb Rubb
11-26-2014, 01:29 PM

They have capable receivers. Core, Adabeyo, Sanders, and Engram can all play. Getting the ball to them is the problem. A limited QB (if he plays) behind a patchwork offensive line is not a good recipe.

They are going to play hard - but their defense will have to create turnovers and probably score multiple times to win the game, and they know this.

msstate7
11-26-2014, 01:40 PM
They have capable receivers. Core, Adabeyo, Sanders, and Engram can all play. Getting the ball to them is the problem. A limited QB (if he plays) behind a patchwork offensive line is not a good recipe.

They are going to play hard - but their defense will have to create turnovers and probably score multiple times to win the game, and they know this.

Those receivers skill is route running. Treadwell could take a bubble screen and break tackles. Those you listed I'm not so sure can do that. That group depends on bo being able to throw downfield

TrapGame
11-26-2014, 01:59 PM

They tried bubble screens to Walton vs Arkansas and it failed miserably. The bubble screen was Freeze's bread and butter with a healthy Treadwell.

Saltydog
11-26-2014, 02:09 PM
be affected but he'd just have less pain.

I seen it dawg
11-26-2014, 02:47 PM
Gotta respect that in bo. If you could transplant Bo's heart into tunsil's body, tunsil would be as good as OM says he is

This guy has heart? The tunnel runner? This guy is a damn selfish joke.

msstate7
11-26-2014, 02:58 PM

He's a douche, but coming back in that game last week showed heart

GTHOM
11-26-2014, 03:00 PM

yeah i was thinking the same thing. hes a prick

Percho
11-26-2014, 03:36 PM
Who lines up across from softie? PS?

GTHOM
11-26-2014, 04:58 PM
Who lines up across from softie? PS?

Him, Ryan Brown, AJ Jefferson, all could dominate him. Our D line will absolutely own them