PDA

View Full Version : Offensive gameplan

msstate7
11-26-2014, 11:04 AM
Should we be very conservative Saturday? OM's offense isn't very likely to be able to drive on us and will certainly have a tough time in the redzone. Us throwing interceptions would be the best thing that could happen for them.

cbrunt29
11-26-2014, 11:06 AM
Run, run, and run some more

chainedup_Dawg
11-26-2014, 11:07 AM
Yep, run, early and often. If we are able to get the game in hand throw in some style points

Jack Lambert
11-26-2014, 11:10 AM
I really don't think they have very much depth on Defense. It's november and they are beat down and tired. Wear them down even more. As much as we bitched about the 1a and 1b, it is really paying off in November when every other defense is worn out. Just watching games you can see how defenses are missing tackles. How else do you have two all time single game rushing records break in a week.

DudyDawg
11-26-2014, 11:19 AM
Run our normal offense

Homedawg
11-26-2014, 11:42 AM

I hope we can. And we need to run. However, I expect ole miss to sell out to stop the run. So we are going to have to beat them throwing. I hope I'm wrong and we can just pound them to death, but I don't see it.

GTHOM
11-26-2014, 12:25 PM
Auburn had 9 rushes of 10 yards or more. Give it to JRob 20-25 times, mix in Dak, and run the read option. Use that to set up play action if they load the box, eventually they will have too because we will win the battle up front. They may hit us for a loss a few times because they like to shoot a lot of gaps, that may work sometimes but it can also lead to getting gashed. I expect to run for 200 maybe more and Dak to throw for about the same by the end. We have the best offense in the SEC, as long as Dak plays his game they wont hold us under 30 points or so

Bubb Rubb
11-26-2014, 12:58 PM

Unfortunately Mullen is not going to do this. He hasn't done it all year. You will see a lot of play-action early. I expect to see four and five wides to match our TEs or slot guy on a linebacker. He will try to hit some of that stuff early, and then he will come back with the run. I don't expect to see Dak do a lot in the read option; his running yards will be more on scrambles this week, but there should be plenty of that for him.

I have been frustrated all year watching us throw the ball when we know the opponent couldn't stop the run. I don't expect that to change much this week.

Maroonthirteen
11-26-2014, 02:34 PM
whistle tips....word. I will be surprised if the first play isn't play action pass. We will be 50/50 in the first couple of series at least.

GTHOM
11-26-2014, 02:37 PM
Unfortunately Mullen is not going to do this. He hasn't done it all year. You will see a lot of play-action early. I expect to see four and five wides to match our TEs or slot guy on a linebacker. He will try to hit some of that stuff early, and then he will come back with the run. I don't expect to see Dak do a lot in the read option; his running yards will be more on scrambles this week, but there should be plenty of that for him.

I have been frustrated all year watching us throw the ball when we know the opponent couldn't stop the run. I don't expect that to change much this week.

Why wouldnt Dak run the option this week

defiantdog
11-26-2014, 02:39 PM

I hope we run the ball a lot and tire their defense down

GTHOM
11-26-2014, 02:45 PM
I hope we run the ball a lot and tire their defense down

After what auburn did, we should be fine

MSUDawg4Life
11-26-2014, 02:48 PM
Spread them out and keep them guessing whether it's a run or a pass. Maintain our run/pass balance.

msstate7
11-26-2014, 02:50 PM
Wouldn't mind us using their patented bubble screens to Myles some

GTHOM
11-26-2014, 02:50 PM
I fully expect Dan to let Dak throw it early, even its just bubble screens. But by the end we will have our 60 40 run to pass ratio. surely...

spudd21
11-26-2014, 02:57 PM
RTGDF

Bubb Rubb
11-26-2014, 03:34 PM

Because teams have been keying on it. Ole Miss will key on it and have the talent to stop it...and their defense is very physical...you don't want to get your QB hurt. I'm not saying he won't run it - but I don't think we'll run it much, and when we do, don't expect big plays out of it.

GTHOM
11-26-2014, 04:56 PM
Because teams have been keying on it. Ole Miss will key on it and have the talent to stop it...and their defense is very physical...you don't want to get your QB hurt. I'm not saying he won't run it - but I don't think we'll run it much, and when we do, don't expect big plays out of it.

Bama keyed on Dak up the middle, we didnt run so much Dak and JRob read option. thats kinda hard to key on its assignment football, they start loading the box Dak is more than capable of throwing it on them

DudyDawg
11-26-2014, 05:07 PM

Obviously teams key on the run. We are a running team. Teams key on the pass when they play Texas tech. They pass anyway. We will run the ball and run it a lot. It's our offense, and we have barely been stopped once. And the only time we abonden the run bc of fear of dak getting hurt is against vandy. Don't worry about dak

IMissJack
11-26-2014, 05:28 PM
No huddle whole game, just like LSU.