PDA

View Full Version : For all of you who think this game is in the bag...............

Liverpooldawg
11-26-2014, 10:53 AM
just remember what we did to them last year. We sound like they did before that game. If you think they are gonna roll over and die at home you are seriously deluded.

Coach34
11-26-2014, 11:01 AM
nobody thinks they are going to roll over and their D will play tough- but a severely limited Bo Dirt cant beat us. And Blade and Buchanan damn sure cant.

Fredo wasnt any better than us last year- there's a difference this year

chainedup_Dawg
11-26-2014, 11:02 AM
just remember what we did to them last year. We sound like they did before that game. If you think they are gonna roll over and die at home you are seriously deluded.

Or Mullen's first year. I will never count a road Egg Bowl as a win, just doesn't happen much. I know what should happen based on what is on paper, but that means little in these games.

Dawgface
11-26-2014, 11:19 AM
I never count this game as win no matter where it is played . I've seen some crap over the years. The 1983 wind bowl comes to mind.

quickstrike2
11-26-2014, 11:26 AM
Exactly. On the road, against a bear team that has a great defense is not an easy task. One thing that I think is really important, special teams. Our punters can not be dropping punts for touchdowns this year, shanking punts, or having kickers miss PAT's.

thunderclap
11-26-2014, 11:40 AM
Nobody sensible thinks this will be an easy game. It is going to be a fight.

dawgpound
11-26-2014, 11:43 AM
It will be a tough game but ole miss can't score points right now. Their QB can barely walk and cannot step into throws and already has a weak arm. Plus his go to guy and safety blanket is out for the year... Doesn't bode well for a team that cannot run the ball

hells bells
11-26-2014, 11:49 AM
Never look past this game. Mullen will have the team ready, but I think TSUN will fight hard. Just think we are in a better place than they are right now. I have had three bears tell me they think Bo Dirt is faking his injury. Hell I took up for the guy. All three called Bo a vagigi.

AlmostPositive
11-26-2014, 11:50 AM
Bo Bounds picked Ole Miss an hour ago, but he's just trolling. He's not even a good troll, let alone college football analyst

Ole Miss has at least three of its best offensive players crippled or hobbled. They only will have had six days to retool their game plan to address Bo's injury.

This will be a t best for them a reprise of 1998 when they had a week to practice with a replacement QB.. we rawhided them.

I'd bet the farm on this...

msstate7
11-26-2014, 12:02 PM
Bo Bounds picked Ole Miss an hour ago, but he's just trolling. He's not even a good troll, let alone college football analyst

Ole Miss has at least three of its best offensive players crippled or hobbled. They only will have had six days to retool their game plan to address Bo's injury.

This will be a t best for them a reprise of 1998 when they had a week to practice with a replacement QB.. we rawhided them.

I'd bet the farm on this...

Bo picked OM? Surprise, surprise... Doesn't he pick against us every week?

GTHOM
11-26-2014, 12:20 PM
Regardless of how hard they fight, which i think they will fight their tails off, i expect us to do the same. And we are better than them. I dont think they really believe they can beat us anymore. Which is half the battle

NCDawg
11-26-2014, 12:21 PM
It will be a tough game but ole miss can't score points right now. Their QB can barely walk and cannot step into throws and already has a weak arm. Plus his go to guy and safety blanket is out for the year... Doesn't bode well for a team that cannot run the ball

I think you underestimate Wallace. He's a good QB, and if we give him as much time to throw as we gave the Alabama QB, I can tell you right now we are going to be in big trouble.

Saltydog
11-26-2014, 12:22 PM
we'll have to earn a win. The majority of our fan base is thinking this is a walk in the park. It's NOT! Their "D" will keep them in the game. I'm worried about eliminating our To's and playing solid special teams. Those two things can win or lose games for you.

SDDawg
11-26-2014, 12:27 PM
If you think Mullen is telling them it's a sure win you missed 2012. Mullen knows how to motivate these guys and they won't need much, we just have to go execute and do what we do and make it happen. I'm confident we will, but not because I expect OM to roll over. I just expect our guys to be ready...

GTHOM
11-26-2014, 12:27 PM
I think you underestimate Wallace. He's a good QB, and if we give him as much time to throw as we gave the Alabama QB, I can tell you right now we are going to be in big trouble.

Wallace at best is an inconsistent whiny bitch. Hes had some good games but who really believes he is going to play his ass off on a bad ankle with no treadwell? Hell i hope hes healthy i wanna beat his ass on his own field, in his last game. He deserves it

starkvegasdawg
11-26-2014, 12:49 PM
Everybody is talking about good their D is but these last few games that vaunted D has been shredded. It's easy to have good stats when you are playing Memphis, Vandy, and Presbyterian. But look what LSU, Auburn, and Arkansas did. They made that D look average at best. Now, I do expect to get their best shot and I expect them to come out fighting like they never have before. But I also think if we can take their first couple of power punches they will be reduced to just throwing an occassional jab and not have much fight left in them. If we can go up a score or two early then what is left of their offense may just pack it in if they are showing no signs of life.

CadaverDawg
11-26-2014, 12:51 PM
Guys, "a majority of our fan base" does NOT think this will be a cakewalk. We may have several people saying that to piss off Rebel lurkers, but nobody thinks that. These threads are unnecessary....everyone knows this will be a battle.

msstate7
11-26-2014, 12:56 PM
Guys, "a majority of our fan base" does NOT think this will be a cakewalk. We may have several people saying that to piss off Rebel lurkers, but nobody thinks that. These threads are unnecessary....everyone knows this will be a battle.

And the fact that the TEAM's approach will determine the outcome not ours

FlabLoser
11-26-2014, 01:46 PM
It won't be a cakewalk. If it was, a Southern Miss could do it.

We are an elite football team and Ole Miss is badly hurting. We will beat them by 40.

Maroonthirteen
11-26-2014, 02:29 PM
In 98, I expected to beat them by 40. We didn't. I feel good about is winning this year but it will be closer to 4 than 40. If we mess around and have TDs called back for holding etc.... It will be a last minute 4pt win.

With all that said though, I feel good about the game. I think Dan and the team are on a mission. They will want this game badly for the rivalry and for the NC chance. We have battled in Baton Rogue and Tuscaloosa. Oxford won't intimidate this team. They will be focused. There will be relentless effort. Hail State!

NCDawg
11-26-2014, 03:13 PM
In 98, I expected to beat them by 40. We didn't. I feel good about is winning this year but it will be closer to 4 than 40. If we mess around and have TDs called back for holding etc.... It will be a last minute 4pt win.

With all that said though, I feel good about the game. I think Dan and the team are on a mission. They will want this game badly for the rivalry and for the NC chance. We have battled in Baton Rogue and Tuscaloosa. Oxford won't intimidate this team. They will be focused. There will be relentless effort. Hail State!

I have seen a whole lot of State-Ole Miss games in my life. Some that I thought we could in no way lose but we lost, and some I thought we didn't have much of a chance, but we won. Point is, you never know what will happen. Let's just hope we go out and play with the fire and will to win that it takes. We have a lot to play for this year, for sure.

cheewgumm
11-26-2014, 03:45 PM
I think we have it in the
Bag.