PDA

View Full Version : Bret Bielema ...

MabenMaroon
11-26-2014, 10:42 AM
Listened to CBB on the Jim Rome show Monday, the conversation moved to the the three games they lost to us, TAMU and Bama and that they were all close. Said he love to have a crack at that three again. Then they discussed the strength and difficulty of playing in the SEC week in and week out. Bielema cracked "yeah I think our bye week was ranked #7". Bottom line, his AD, Jeff Long is on the committee and knows how tough the SEC is and his mentor in coaching is Barry Alvarez, who is also on the committee. I am sure that they have had conversations throughout the year. There is no shortage of folks on the committee that know very well what an 11-1 record in the SECW means.

PS: I am becoming more and more fond of CBB as a coach, might not be in a couple of more years when he really gets that UPig program rolling, buts that's lfe in the SECW.

1bigdawg
11-26-2014, 10:44 AM
Good info, but note that CBB and Alvarez do not get along so they probably do not talk. That's why he left Wisconsin.

msstate7
11-26-2014, 10:47 AM
Really hope Michigan offers Bielema. He wouldn't be a sexy hire for them, but it'd be a home run. The guy was outstanding in the big 10. Oh and I want him gone

AROB44
11-26-2014, 11:23 AM
Really hope Michigan offers Bielema. He wouldn't be a sexy hire for them, but it'd be a home run. The guy was outstanding in the big 10. Oh and I want him gone

Couldn't agree more. If he stays at Arky, they will present a really tough game every year.

Dawgface
11-26-2014, 11:25 AM
I'm glad we don't have to play them again this year.