PDA

View Full Version : Just what is a "Rebel"?

Mutt the Hoople
11-26-2014, 06:53 AM
The mascot of Ole Miss (named after the wife of the Plantation owner by their slaves) is the "Rebel". A "Rebel" is a soldier in the only American Army to ever lose a war (and, no, don't give me that "we lost Vietnam"....that was lost 2 years after our troops honorably left when Congress refused to aid the South Vietnamese Army after the Watergate scandal, but I digress).

The "Rebels" represented a government that decided to break away from the greatest country in history, that turned its back on the Liberty that nourished mens' souls and made life worth living....and why? Because a bunch of rich, spoiled, whiny little babies were too F*&*ing lazy to pick their own cotton!

So, in other words, by their very nature, a "Rebel" is a LOSER! Rebels don't feel whole and complete without losing. Losing is in their DNA. Subconsciously, they WANTED Billy Cannon to run through their whole Punting Team, they WANTED to trip over their lineman against LSU, they WANTED to fumble the ball into the End Zone.

This "losiing" has made its way into our State as well. They're the "flagship", and let's see about their "leadership" in Mississippi: Last in income, education, healthcare; first in obesity and teenaged pregnancy. Ole Miss Rebels love losing and want all of us to be losers as well.

I say that The Mississippi State University, whose traditions include WINNING two world wars, should make the Rebels happy by making them lose again.