PDA

View Full Version : Bo Wallace

msstate7
11-25-2014, 10:27 PM
Any updates? Anyone know if he's practicing?

Apoplectic
11-25-2014, 11:05 PM
Limited practice....backups getting lots of reps since dirt cant go. Gametime decision - expected to shoot him up and turn him loose but dont expect any read-options just floaters into the EZ.

cbrunt29
11-25-2014, 11:11 PM
I've heard the same thing. Also expect a ton of screen passes.

BeardoMSU
11-25-2014, 11:42 PM
Limited practice....backups getting lots of reps since dirt cant go. Gametime decision - expected to shoot him up and turn him loose but dont expect any read-options just floaters into the EZ.

Where are y'all getting this info? Not that I'm calling BS, this just seems like an awful lot of game strategy being "leaked".

GTHOM
11-25-2014, 11:46 PM
Where are y'all getting this info? Not that I'm calling BS, this just seems like an awful lot of game strategy being "leaked".

Wondering the same thing

Apoplectic
11-25-2014, 11:57 PM
I've heard the same thing. Also expect a ton of screen passes.

I dont understand the screen pass strategy. We've been solid on the edges. I'm more worried about the long ball over the middle although market is a big improvement over cox IMO.

i just hope we limit the 1Bs and sweep the leg.

Dawg61
11-26-2014, 12:07 AM
I dont understand the screen pass strategy. We've been solid on the edges. I'm more worried about the long ball over the middle although market is a big improvement over cox IMO.

i just hope we limit the 1Bs and sweep the leg.

Bo Wallace can't throw it 30 yards.

woozman
11-26-2014, 06:04 AM

Neal McCready said this morning on OOB that it is the first time that he can remember that Bo wasn't available after the game and at the Monday press conference. His opinion was that he wasn't practicing.

Coach34
11-26-2014, 07:59 AM
My info is the same as theirs- and mine is coming out of Oxford thru work friends.

Jacksondevildog
11-26-2014, 08:03 AM
My info is the same as theirs- and mine is coming out of Oxford thru work friends.

Is the rumor that he has a sprain and fracture?

Dawgowar
11-26-2014, 08:11 AM
Coach, honestly not knowing if or at what strength he can go has to be harder on our staff. Until the first series when TSUN is on O, nobody knows how bad his condition or how effective he can be. Imagine Freeze will get aggressive early on O and D. Try to build momentum and force us to pocket pass. (And I am not one with an issue about Dak relying on his arm).

How do you gameplan and wisely use practice minutes for a variable like this?

thf24
11-26-2014, 08:23 AM
Bo Wallace can't throw it 30 yards.

True, but the screen pass effectiveness is going to be diminished as well. Those throws still need some zip to get to the receiver/ball carrier quickly, which Bo won't be able to apply without being able to step into it any more than throws down the field. They're pretty much screwed all around in the passing game.

msstate7
11-26-2014, 08:31 AM
If bo is gimpy, do we just play a short zone or come after him?

starkvegasdawg
11-26-2014, 08:50 AM
If bo is gimpy, do we just play a short zone or come after him?

You come after him like he tried to steal your sister's honor. That will cause him to fumble or throw picks and if we get enough hits on him it will knock him out of the game, and we already saw what kind of talented backups he has.

Martianlander
11-26-2014, 08:51 AM
I think we do like Arkansas did, rush four and blitz one fairly often. Play the receiver tight. But if we do this we better not give him four seconds to throw or we'll get picked apart.
Having said that I do have faith in our down linemen to dominate.

Coach34
11-26-2014, 08:53 AM
Coach, honestly not knowing if or at what strength he can go has to be harder on our staff. Until the first series when TSUN is on O, nobody knows how bad his condition or how effective he can be. Imagine Freeze will get aggressive early on O and D. Try to build momentum and force us to pocket pass. (And I am not one with an issue about Dak relying on his arm).

How do you gameplan and wisely use practice minutes for a variable like this?

You go with your normal gameplan you would for him- but as a defensive coaching staff- you have plans built in to adjust if he really cant move. And if they play Kincaide or Buchanan- it doesnt matter. The game is over at that point

The adjustment you make for Gimp Bo is to jump the short routes and pressure him- make him move- which he really cant do

Dallas_Dawg
11-26-2014, 10:11 AM
You go with your normal gameplan you would for him- but as a defensive coaching staff- you have plans built in to adjust if he really cant move. And if they play Kincaide or Buchanan- it doesnt matter. The game is over at that point

The adjustment you make for Gimp Bo is to jump the short routes and pressure him- make him move- which he really cant do

I would say the same gameplan as last year. Bring pressure to make him uncomfortable and get him throwing off his back foot which leads to a lot of picks.

msstate7
11-26-2014, 10:17 AM
I would say the same gameplan as last year. Bring pressure to make him uncomfortable and get him throwing off his back foot which leads to a lot of picks.
His back foot is the bad one. Maybe not i can't remember

chainedup_Dawg
11-26-2014, 10:20 AM
His back foot is the bad one. Maybe not i can't remember

You're right, plant foot/push off foot

cbrunt29
11-26-2014, 10:55 AM
Ok, say you're Fredo. How would you attack our defense with a banged up Bo and no Treadwell?

msstate7
11-26-2014, 10:56 AM
Ok, say you're Fredo. How would you attack our defense with a banged up Bo and no Treadwell?

Run. Play conservative as possible and hope we turn the ball over

RossDawg82
11-26-2014, 10:59 AM

I would pray, and never stop praying until I got on the plane to head to Gainsville

cbrunt29
11-26-2014, 11:03 AM
Exactly. And that's going to be difficult for them to do since they have 165 lbs. middle school RBs and no O line. Saturday's gonna be a long day for OM and I'm going to enjoy every second of it.

Coach34
11-26-2014, 11:07 AM

I run the ball as best I can and then max protect when passing. Have to go with fewer WR's in routes to save your QB. Also bring in Liggins to run the ball. Play conservative and hope your D can keep you in the game- like we did last year

I seen it dawg
11-26-2014, 11:11 AM
They are probably putting in a lot of run and even tricky run. Ie option etc. may work for a series or 2. Nothing they will do can be sustained bc dirt can't move and their is no Treadwell.

GTHOM
11-26-2014, 12:32 PM
I expect the Rev. to do the same thing hes been doing all year, try to establish a running game that wont work, and attempt to let a gimpy bo wallace throw the ball down field to his best weapon in evan engram or vince sanders. if we arent bringing pressure on his ass i will be highly upset, they cant block us, take advantage of it. let the dogs loose

AlmostPositive
11-26-2014, 01:28 PM
I wonder if this is a play-in game for Bucky to get to Gainsville...

I wonder if Rebel Nation would trade an Egg Bowl W for their savior coach.

Actually, I don't spend any time wondering what Ole Miss fans will think or do..don't really care. But it's amusing to think Freezus could pine box his way out of there and leave them rudderless for the Belk Bowl.

Bubb Rubb
11-26-2014, 01:34 PM

You do this, but you do it in a way that hasn't been seen this year. A lot of wildcat with liggins/a rb with jet sweeps off of it. A couple of gadget plays - reverses and halfback passes. That's all they can possibly do.