PDA

View Full Version : Hugh Freeze to Florida...done deal

Mutt the Hoople
11-25-2014, 08:37 PM
Freeze keeps denying that he's leaving...that only proves that he's as good as gone. (http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/94003/freeze-has-florida-recruiting-ties-to-thrive-with-gators)

TrapGame
11-25-2014, 08:48 PM
I didn't know most his coaches had Florida ties. This could get very interesting.

SDDawg
11-25-2014, 08:50 PM
Gonna be BIG TIME when they all exit together and that dynamite CROOTIN class is left blowing in the breeze. A couple of kids we'd love to land in the end, hope we're holding their spots!!!

AlmostPositive
11-25-2014, 08:50 PM
He's so gone.

Mutt the Hoople
11-25-2014, 08:55 PM
Why do you think we dumped Chason Virgil? Need to find a spot for a bigger, better QB.

AlmostPositive
11-25-2014, 09:00 PM
Skips out before NCAA probation, avoids QB clusterfark, no more Oxford superficiliaty, Florida sunshine, nice raise,... damn, he gone

RTO Dawg
11-25-2014, 09:13 PM
My daughters are friends with the Freeze girls...don't see them moving...

thf24
11-25-2014, 09:32 PM
I don't think there's any doubt here. No matter what other practical factors exist that say he should say, the reality is that with his QB situation and the losses he's going to take on defense after this year, he's going nowhere but down the next two years, and he's got to know it. After the disappointment this year, he won't survive two more mediocre seasons with that crowd. If there's a decent out, whether it's Florida or another attractive job, he takes it.

DLGDawg
11-25-2014, 09:53 PM
One angle to this just hit me. Foley hates Mullen. What's the ultimate slap in his face? Go hire his rivals coach. Works for me. Freeze headed for the big thaw.

Freeze keeps denying that he's leaving...that only proves that he's as good as gone. (http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/94003/freeze-has-florida-recruiting-ties-to-thrive-with-gators)

DawgHouseUnited
11-26-2014, 09:48 AM
I don't think there's any doubt here. No matter what other practical factors exist that say he should say, the reality is that with his QB situation and the losses he's going to take on defense after this year, he's going nowhere but down the next two years, and he's got to know it. After the disappointment this year, he won't survive two more mediocre seasons with that crowd. If there's a decent out, whether it's Florida or another attractive job, he takes it.

I was at a birthday party over the weekend, and an OM friend of mine flat out told me that next year was supposed to be their big year- all they have to solve is the qb issue. I honestly don't know, how should they look next year?

Political Hack
11-26-2014, 09:53 AM
My daughters are friends with the Freeze girls...don't see them moving...

his kids will be the last to know. You don't tell Jr High girls anything you don't want on twitter.

starkvegasdawg
11-26-2014, 09:53 AM
I was at a birthday party over the weekend, and an OM friend of mine flat out told me that next year was supposed to be their big year- all they have to solve is the qb issue. I honestly don't know, how should they look next year?

Every year is supposed to be their big year. Go read any of their message boards from February through August of any year.

Covercorner2
11-26-2014, 09:57 AM
It will be the vaunted class of 2013's last year. I think that's where most of the optimism stems from. They will tell you they are losing no one, but, off the top of my head, they will be losing the following impact players: Vince Sanders, Bo Wallace, DT Shackleford, Serderious Bryant, Byron Bennett, Cody Prewitt, and Senquez Golson. They may not be losing a lot of quantity, but they are losing some leaders....

ETA: Looks like they will bring back 15-16 starters. The same number heading into this year. This year was supposed to be their year, too, and they had the most "experienced" QB in the SEC. Next year, not so much.

DawgHouseUnited
11-26-2014, 10:05 AM
Every year is supposed to be their big year. Go read any of their message boards from February through August of any year.

That's just it- I don't have him pegged as a sunshine pumper. Granted, he's a big OM guy- even played for them back in the 90's- but he's always been pretty realistic about things.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-26-2014, 10:13 AM
OM will return a lot of good players next year but their schedule also flips on them next year. They have to travel to Bama, Fla, Auburn, & MSU. Ark, LSU, & A&M at home. That road slate is very tough so they better hope Chad Kelly comes bc I'm not sure the 2 guys there now are ready to handle that challenge.

RougeDawg
11-26-2014, 10:47 AM
his kids will be the last to know. You don't tell Jr High girls anything you don't want on twitter.

Thought this holds true for women of just about any age?**

Bucky may not be as dumb as I originally expected. He knows a 5-7 season at best season is on the horizon next year. Plus he's one year past his normal stint. Won't be as many trees down that way but im sure he can import the logs as needed.

Dawgface
11-26-2014, 11:23 AM
It will be funny if he goes, but I still can't believe FL wants him.

Mutt the Hoople
11-27-2014, 09:49 AM
Update- Freeze has been offered the job. Is "weighing his options". (http://collegespun.com/sec/florida-sec/heres-where-the-hugh-freeze-to-florida-rumor-originated)

Jacksondevildog
11-27-2014, 10:12 AM
If they are bad at quarterback, and with their schedule flipping and being tougher, they will somewhat struggle next year. They won't be a bad team, but they will, at most, be a 7 win team. There's too much money invested in that team to only win 7 and their fans will be pissed, especially when Dak beats them again on senior night in Starkville.

gravedigger
11-27-2014, 10:20 AM
Count me as one who is cynical about him leaving.

Om can pay and will. Hughs in laws are also mississippi people.

But the next couple years are not going to be as fun as this year. So there is that.

TrapGame
11-27-2014, 10:43 AM
Hugh Freeze is not a build it up coach. He can't even develop a QB in three years to take Bo's place and he's supposed to be an offensive genius. Freeze is a plug in and play style of coach much like his style of selecting QBs. Florida has the potential with Freeze to return to top ten recruiting classes because he thinks that's how you win games. Just recruit 'em, don't develop 'em. He'll never have perennial top ten classes at Fredo but he has a good shot at Florida.