PDA

View Full Version : We talking Playoffs....Playoffs...

Dawg4Life
11-25-2014, 08:00 PM
Folks, I'm going to point to two problems right now and this is referring to the talking heads.

First off, Herbstreit and the gang want to talk about "top 25" wins. Top 25? How many times in our lives have we seen a team that was ranked outside of the top 25 and KNEW that the particular team would beat 90% of the teams 15-25? The "top 25" from around 15-25 is and always will be complete BS.

Case-in-point, Minnesota. Do yourself a favor and look at their schedule. It is a complete joke and they are ranked. Why is this important? Because the talking heads want to give credit for now beating Minnesota to our nearest contender(s). Would Minnesota beat LSU? No. Arkansas? Hell no. Texas A&M? Probably not. But we are now "losing tread" because we ONLY beat those teams. Folks, what a crock of s**t! When you use teams like Minnesota or Nebraska to validate a team while saying beating LSU in Death Valley is "losing tread"...you're an idiot. To the credit of the committee, I think they see through this as Jeff Long said when we played them they were top 10. That is also equally BS to be fair, but it does help us.

One last thing on the top 25: When you have a league where literally everyone beats each other, you are not going to have many teams in the top 25 for "quality" wins. Without dominant teams, they'll all knock each other out and teams like Minnesota get rewarded for beating Northwestern and Michigan, who both suck.

The second problem is this: Why is Bama #1 and we are losing traction when looking at the resumes? Head-to-head matters and they should be ahead of us. But the Ole Miss loss is never mentioned while our Bama loss is mentioned. Every other win by the schools are the same or comparable with the exception of Vandy I suppose. Are the resumes really any different? If not, why is Bama safely in right now, but we are losing traction? I understand if they win the SEC but not today. Is this a case of the blue bloods getting preferential treatment? If we had LSU on our helmet, with our only loss to Bama on the road...where would we be ranked? And for the record, I think Bama is great (That's for you Tusk) but I just don't get the resume differential.

Smitty
11-25-2014, 08:03 PM
Obviously the committee thinks we are pretty good if Bama jumped all the way up from #5 after beating us. I agree though, as I said earlier there is NO logical reason for Oregon to be ahead of FSU and not us.

thunderclap
11-25-2014, 08:04 PM
Bottom line is Herbiedick has
lost any credibility he may have had. He is a pathetic little bitch.

cbrunt29
11-25-2014, 08:11 PM
Him and Danny Kannell. I can't stand either one of them.

Smitty
11-25-2014, 08:12 PM

Yep no forgiving that troll

Dawg4Life
11-25-2014, 08:25 PM

I'm very disappointed in him. I expect things like that from the others but not Herbstreit. Bottom line with me is just use logic. Saying someone is losing tread b/c LSU and Arky aren't in the top 25 is giving way too much credit to that list. Just say "look, I don't care where LSU and Arkansas are ranked, those are quality wins." Instead, it is held against us and TCU and OSU are given credit for beating Minnesota. Not to mention OSU's loss to VaTech is overlooked but not our Bama loss. It is illogical.