PDA

View Full Version : Brewster

msstate7
06-14-2013, 12:34 PM
Lands Ethan frith of north panola for fsu. Really not liking fsu moving into our state

CadaverDawg
06-14-2013, 12:42 PM
Lands Ethan frith of north panola for fsu. Really not liking fsu moving into our state

Me neither. This shit pisses me off. He's about 1 recruit away from having more success recruiting for FSU already. Starting to think we'd have been better off not hiring Brew. We better tighten up

PMDawg
06-14-2013, 12:51 PM
yeah, he seems like a real jerk. Mullen gives the man a job when he needs one, builds him up and introduces him to the area. 6 months later, this is how he's thanking Mullen and staff. real nice.

Raytoraid83
06-14-2013, 12:52 PM
Brewster wasnt his recruiter but he probably did inform the staff about him. Already enough SEC schools in Mississippi don't need to add an ACC power to it too. Not good for us and ole miss.

SaltyDawg
06-14-2013, 01:00 PM
Ole Miss or Alabama would've gotten the kid anyway- at least we don't have to play FSU.

Goat Holder
06-14-2013, 01:04 PM
I agree. I think there is a gentleman's agreement in place. Not to mention, we do have a number of out of state recruits from last year's class that we can thank Brewster for. Highly doubt he's going to move in on guys that are heavy MSU leans.

But if a recruit gives him a very positive vibe, then he has to pursue him.

BeastMan
06-14-2013, 01:05 PM
Lets just relax:

1)Pack- I bet whoever, whatever, he doesn't end up at FSU
2)Frith- Neither MSU or OM have been hot on Frith. I'm shocked FSU took him. He reminds me of Nick Redmond in HS.
3) Aries Williams- don't think he goes to FSU
4) Jessie Jackson- don't think he goes to FSU

In summary, FSU and Brewster will get 1 marginal MS kid. No need for worry fellas

HancockCountyDog
06-14-2013, 01:12 PM
Im with you, the last thing we need is more competition for in state kids that merit a MSU offer.

We evidently liked Frith kid enough to offer him, and the in-state class of HS OL this year sucks. The only real good one is the kid from Callaway and it seems its between the Bears and Saban for him.

Coach34
06-14-2013, 01:16 PM
we have already landed 2 juco guys on the OL, and we are working hard on the OB kid. We are only going sign 4 OL players I think.

Homedawg
06-14-2013, 05:09 PM
Lets just relax:

1)Pack- I bet whoever, whatever, he doesn't end up at FSU
2)Frith- Neither MSU or OM have been hot on Frith. I'm shocked FSU took him. He reminds me of Nick Redmond in HS.
3) Aries Williams- don't think he goes to FSU
4) Jessie Jackson- don't think he goes to FSU

In summary, FSU and Brewster will get 1 marginal MS kid. No need for worry fellas

While fsu might only end up w frith, (matter of fcat i feel certain thats all they get) we might only end up w Williams of those mentioned. We aren't getting pack, he's a rebel. . And I have concerns about Jackson. Either way best we will do out of those is 2-4. Fsu going 1-4 isn't bad.

msstate7
06-14-2013, 05:17 PM
While fsu might only end up w frith, (matter of fcat i feel certain thats all they get) we might only end up w Williams of those mentioned. We aren't getting pack, he's a rebel. . And I have concerns about Jackson. Either way best we will do out of those is 2-4. Fsu going 1-4 isn't bad.

Right now freeze and the whole bear world is selling ole miss like they are close to competing for titles with bama. I really feel they're going to have a rough start and end the season with a resounding thud in Starkville. At that point this high they're on will be over. The recruitment of these in state guys isn't over. Now if ole miss starts good and beats us, they're gonna clean our clock in recruiting

Pollodawg
06-14-2013, 05:24 PM
Right now freeze and the whole bear world is selling ole miss like they are close to competing for titles with bama. I really feel they're going to have a rough start and end the season with a resounding thud in Starkville. At that point this high they're on will be over. The recruitment of these in state guys isn't over. Now if ole miss starts good and beats us, they're gonna clean our clock in recruiting

That game is pivotal this year. More so than it has been in a long time. We have to get some of the momentum back. I am like you. I think they will find a way back to a bowl, but won't beat Vandy, State, Bama, or TAMU. They will also lose to Texas I think and possibly LSU.

Homedawg
06-14-2013, 05:29 PM

That sounds good in theory. However, name the last guy that left them at the alter. And don't say Robert Elliot. I had 2 coaches of ours say in November prior to him signing with us. We were more worried about losing Marcus green than getting Elliot. Anyway beside him you will be hard pressed to find one. We don't flip their commits, we try to hang onto ours. I don't like saying it but bottom line is, that's the truth. They can go 4-8 (ill put lots on it that wont happen) and it won't matter.

Todd4State
06-14-2013, 05:29 PM
we have already landed 2 juco guys on the OL, and we are working hard on the OB kid. We are only going sign 4 OL players I think.

You are probably right, but I wouldn't mind having Avery Gennessey, who would be a third JUCO o-lineman.

Coach34
06-14-2013, 05:36 PM
Reading between the lines- I think Jackson has a deal in place. We need to move to the next target

mic
06-14-2013, 06:01 PM
I just officiated the 7-7 tourney on campus. Talked with the Dunbar High School Coach. (which they won) Asked him if we were looking at any of their players he said Yeah a kid that decommitted from Florida few weeks back.
Wr.. Ryeshene Bronson...

mic
06-14-2013, 06:25 PM
And his team mate from Dunbar.. Daniel Cobb (Rb /ath and not very big.. prob 5'9 175) class of 2015 his coach said ran a 4.30 40.. Fastest time at the 7-7..

bluelightstar
06-14-2013, 06:57 PM
That sounds good in theory. However, name the last guy that left them at the alter. And don't say Robert Elliot. I had 2 coaches of ours say in November prior to him signing with us. We were more worried about losing Marcus green than getting Elliot. Anyway beside him you will be hard pressed to find one. We don't flip their commits, we try to hang onto ours. I don't like saying it but bottom line is, that's the truth. They can go 4-8 (ill put lots on it that wont happen) and it won't matter.

"Merry Flipmas" is the most infuriating and ***** shit I've ever heard them say. Pisses me off more because it's unfailingly true every January.

mic
06-14-2013, 08:42 PM
and according to Paul we just offered him..

HancockCountyDog
06-14-2013, 10:17 PM
I still like our chances with Jackson.

I figure we get Green and Williams too.

We just need to do a little better out of state. I think we can, but after all the bullshit that ESPN made out of UM's recruiting class, we need to have a solid year and I think we can.

msstate7
06-14-2013, 10:27 PM
I still like our chances with Jackson.

I figure we get Green and Williams too.

We just need to do a little better out of state. I think we can, but after all the bullshit that ESPN made out of UM's recruiting class, we need to have a solid year and I think we can.

Really want green and Williams. I think both of those two are going to be stars

HancockCountyDog
06-14-2013, 10:58 PM
We need Jackson. He and Pack are the two impact Wrs in the state this year and I think Pack ends up at FSU or with the bears.

Our team needs an impact WR more than a RB or a LB.

Pollodawg
06-14-2013, 11:07 PM
We need Jackson. He and Pack are the two impact Wrs in the state this year and I think Pack ends up at FSU or with the bears.

Our team needs an impact WR more than a RB or a LB.

Our WR play has been a major disappointment since Mullen got here.

msstate7
06-14-2013, 11:11 PM
Our WR play has been a major disappointment since Mullen got here.

Our best class of wr's since Mullen got here was last year. Give that group some time.

Coach34
06-14-2013, 11:45 PM
Our best class of wr's since Mullen got here was last year. Give that group some time.

The only Sr WR we have is Ricco Sanders, and he wont get alot of playing time this year- and we just signed 5 more WR's. Plus, we have 4-star Graham committed.

RoJo
Tubby
Morrow
Carr
Malcolm Johnson (hybrid TE-WR)
Fred Brown
Chappelle
Ross
Christy
Wilson
BJ Hammond
Holloway
Sanders (only Senior)
Sam Cowart

32 Dive
06-15-2013, 07:44 AM
"Merry Flipmas" is the most infuriating and ***** shit I've ever heard them say. Pisses me off more because it's unfailingly true every January.

I call it Rebel Shopping Season.

maroonmania
06-15-2013, 08:43 AM

You are pretty much dead on. And 2010 should have shown all of us that our success and OM's lack of success in a season is only a very minimal impact to in-state recruiting. The things OM does to attract players has very little to do with on field success although it does certainly help when they have it. However, we all know you don't land Top 10 recruiting classes having a 6-6 season coming off of prior multiple losing seasons if you are relying on on-field success as your primary recruiting tool. The best in-state and overall recruiting class we've had that was totally Mullen's was a couple of years ago after Nutt and his staff basically quit knowing they were already lame ducks. We all know that Freeze has reinstituted Orgeron's system with more charisma and even more assistance from the Rebel recruiting network so its going to be an uphill battle for us since we are determined to recruit the "right way" and hang kids out to dry when we find out there was an irregularity in thier recruitment.

HancockCountyDog
06-15-2013, 10:39 AM
People put too much stock in the on field results when it comes to recruiting. I still remember UM fans bitching and moaning when we landed Dapoo, Byrdsobg, Deljuan, Norwood, and Nick Turner, all of whom were all americans coming off the 2001 season.

It comes down to taking advantage of the relationship that you hopefully have with that player. I do think once Vandy kicks the shit out of the bears, it will hurt them with out of state prospects way more than with the in state kids. That is why the Oklahoma State game is crucial; I think we win that one by 10, and Vandy beats UM by 10+ all this momentum and recruiting success goes out the window for the bears.

Pollodawg
06-15-2013, 11:18 AM
Speaking of the OM/Vandy game, it reminds me an awful lot of our 2011 AU game. Played them tough at our house. We brought back basically everybody. They lost a ton. They still won. I could completely see that happening for the bears this fall.

Coach34
06-15-2013, 11:31 AM
Vandy will be breaking in a new QB-Bears may get that one in Nashville

msstate7
06-15-2013, 12:22 PM

When will bo Wallace be cleared to practice? Cj Johnson? Will both be ready to go for vandy

msstate7
06-15-2013, 12:24 PM
When will bo Wallace be cleared to practice? Cj Johnson? Will both be ready to go for vandy
Shoulder injury could be bad for a qb. Hell a shoulder injury has really killed ct Bradford offensively

Pollodawg
06-15-2013, 12:25 PM

So was Auburn in 2011.

msstate7
06-15-2013, 12:28 PM
So was Auburn in 2011.

I'm going out on a limb here but I don't think vandys first year qb will be as good as auburns

msstate7
06-15-2013, 12:36 PM
I'm going out on a limb here but I don't think vandys first year qb will be as good as auburns

Wrong year. I'm an idiot. Thinking about cam

Pollodawg
06-15-2013, 12:38 PM
Wrong year. I'm an idiot. Thinking about cam

Tell me this doesn't reek of massive let down for the bears.

msstate7
06-15-2013, 12:54 PM
Tell me this doesn't reek of massive let down for the bears.

I've thought vandy will win for awhile. Vandy lost last year to USCe opening night at home and I don't think they do it two years in a row

bulldawg28
06-15-2013, 06:27 PM
Vandy beats Ole Miss. The blackbears won't sneak up on anyone this fall.

hailmari
06-15-2013, 08:42 PM
I think it'll be a pretty good game. Vandy will be ready, but UMiss will come out with a lot of energy and cockiness. It'll come down to composure in that one.