PDA

View Full Version : Freeze would be an idiot if he doesn't take the Florida job

cheewgumm
11-25-2014, 04:32 PM
And I believe if it has been leaked, then it happened.

Strike when the iron is hot. you have NO QB for next year, you are going to lose to DAK ....again....and they are going to want to run you out of town.

No brainer.

Leave Mississippi to us. We'll take care of it nicely.

Spider-Man
11-25-2014, 04:39 PM
I actually think it would be a bad decision. Florida's expectations are even higher than Ole Miss' and I don't think Freeze is a good x's and o's guy anyway. I think Mullen and Co. can outcoach him on a consistent basis.

Political Hack
11-25-2014, 04:51 PM
he'd be an idiot to not take his gimmic offense to a new division. he's been figured out and stomped in the SECW. He can't compete here. He knows that. Not to mention the possible sanctions...

EAVdog
11-25-2014, 04:51 PM
I actually think it would be a bad decision. Florida's expectations are even higher than Ole Miss' and I don't think Freeze is a good x's and o's guy anyway. I think Mullen and Co. can outcoach him on a consistent basis.

Any good coach has a shot at winning the SEC East on day one at Florida. Not saying he goes or they even want him but it would be a whole lot easier to get to Atlanta from Gainesville than Oxford.

RougeDawg
11-25-2014, 05:02 PM
he'd be an idiot to not take his gimmic offense to a new division. he's been figured out and stomped in the SECW. He can't compete here. He knows that. Not to mention the possible sanctions...

He's imposed his own sanctions on the program with the horrendous QB stable they have returning. He better get the hell out now or be forced out in 2 years. A smart person would be able to realize this, but then again nothing he's done to this point has rendered him smart.

BeastMan
11-25-2014, 05:07 PM
Freeze at Florida would make "The World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party" a Richt vs Freeze holy war. Kind of ironic

Political Hack
11-25-2014, 05:10 PM
Freeze at Florida would make "The World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party" a Richt vs Freeze holy war. Kind of ironic

that is funny.

preachermatt83
11-25-2014, 05:24 PM
Bjork has already said freeze is set to be closing in on 4mil a yr with his new contract.... Foley ain't gonna pay that. He will top out at MAYBE 3.2mil.. They will end up with Hud, Doc Holliday, or someone like that. Word is they want Gundy or Swinney but wont pay em.

NorCalDawg
11-25-2014, 05:47 PM
Mullen to Ole Miss.**

Wasn't there an SEC policy against poaching coaches from within the conference?

AlSwearengen
11-25-2014, 06:10 PM
Bjork has already said freeze is set to be closing in on 4mil a yr with his new contract.... Foley ain't gonna pay that. He will top out at MAYBE 3.2mil.. They will end up with Hud, Doc Holliday, or someone like that. Word is they want Gundy or Swinney but wont pay em.

Damn! Fredo is intent on keep their "preaching crooter". And what is up with florida being tight with money, not wanting to pay for a coach and poor facilities.

Political Hack
11-25-2014, 06:17 PM
Mullen to Ole Miss.**

Wasn't there an SEC policy against poaching coaches from within the conference?

never been an official rule on the books but Slive has stepped in at least once to stop it and no coach has ever been "hired away" as a HC at one SEC school to another one as a HC. Nutt got fired.

The looming NCAA investigation at OM, Slive's pending retirement, and Foley's "f you" attitude to unwritten SEC rules and general sentiment that Florida makes their own rules could make this interesting.

Coach34
11-25-2014, 06:19 PM

Bjork can offer him 6MM and 2 little Asian boys if he wants- but if Freezus gets offered the Fla job he is going to take it. They paid a DC like Boom 3.2- a HC will get at least 4+. Foley's ass is on the line with this hire- he has no choice

NorCalDawg
11-25-2014, 06:55 PM
never been an official rule on the books but Slive has stepped in at least once to stop it and no coach has ever been "hired away" as a HC at one SEC school to another one as a HC. Nutt got fired.

So that was a Slive thing. Tubberville left Ole Miss for Auburn after stating the only way he'd leave was in a pine box, but Slive wasn't commissioner at that time.

ScottH
11-25-2014, 07:05 PM
Deleted

Todd4State
11-25-2014, 07:17 PM

If Ole Miss will pay Freeze 4 million, I guarantee you Florida can and would pay Freeze 4 million if they wanted to.

LT is in the SEC office now- not Gainesville.

Even if Foley only wants to pay 3.2 million to whomever, I guarantee you that they have the boosters that could and would easily pick up the rest of the tab. Especially if it's only 800K we're talking about here. That's like only four Cam Newton's.

mic
11-25-2014, 07:34 PM

money will not be the reason they don't get HF if they want him.. It's FLORIDA....

Bubb Rubb
11-25-2014, 07:49 PM
I'm sorry guys, I just don't see Florida hiring Freeze. I think this is a setup for them to win the press conference when they sign him to an extension.

preachermatt83
11-25-2014, 09:46 PM
Bjork can offer him 6MM and 2 little Asian boys if he wants- but if Freezus gets offered the Fla job he is going to take it. They paid a DC like Boom 3.2- a HC will get at least 4+. Foley's ass is on the line with this hire- he has no choice

I thought they were only payin Boom 2.65Mil?

preachermatt83
11-25-2014, 09:49 PM
I'm sorry guys, I just don't see Florida hiring Freeze. I think this is a setup for them to win the press conference when they sign him to an extension.

I think you are correct. I don't think Florida wants Freeze enough to pay what he will require. I think this is being put out from oxford so Freeze can show how "commited" he is to the "rebel nation". Just a recruiting trick.

Todd4State
11-25-2014, 09:53 PM
I thought they were only payin Boom 2.65Mil?

Yeah- but that doesn't mean that they can't or won't pay more. Odds are after what they have gone through, they ARE going to pay more to a qualified candidate.

Muschamp had zero head coaching experience when he took the job. Why would they pay him 6 million? That would have been incredibly risky on their part in the instance that Muschamp had not worked out because of what the buy out would be.

That's why you pay a guy like Freeze more- you know what you are getting. And you don't have the head coaching growing pains that we've seen with Dan through the years.

Todd4State
11-25-2014, 09:57 PM

They may not hire him, but this rumor supposedly came from a Florida site did it not? I assume that they are getting their info from Florida sources.

Now, Ole Miss is not above doing what you are talking about because they did it with Tuberville in 1997 with rumors of him going to Arkansas. The difference was Arkansas's AD denied it.