PDA

View Full Version : I think we climb to 3 tonight...

DistrictDawg92
11-25-2014, 03:07 PM
With the way we beat Vandy and the way FSU squeaked another one out against BC, I see no way we don't move up to #3. With our only loss to Bama at their place by 5, if we beat OM handily I believe we could make a strong case for #2.

ShotgunDawg
11-25-2014, 03:12 PM
With the way we beat Vandy and the way FSU squeaked another one out against BC, I see no way we don't move up to #3. With our only loss to Bama at their place by 5, if we beat OM handily I believe we could make a strong case for #2.

Don't get your hopes up. It's known FSU is in the playoff if they win out. Therefore, if they move MSU to #3, I believe they are making a statement that, "This is the 4 teams unless someone loses." I don't think they will want to make that statement.

It won't necessarily mean that they plan on moving MSU out, it could just mean that aren't ready to make that decision.

Intramural All-American
11-25-2014, 03:16 PM
Why does everyone continue to say "I don't think the committee will do this or that"? The committee has given a big middle finger to everyone so far and done exactly how they pleased. Quit with the black helicopter theories until something sketchy actually happens. The committee has not demonstrated anything at all that makes me think they are only going to try to appease the masses.

DistrictDawg92
11-25-2014, 03:26 PM
Does anyone on actually think that after this weekend that FSU is better than us? The committee's job is to rank the best 4 teams, regardless of record. If Oregon and Bama can jump FSU with a loss I don't know why won't this week, we are simply the better team, and I think the committee see's this.

ShotgunDawg
11-25-2014, 03:26 PM
Why does everyone continue to say "I don't think the committee will do this or that"? The committee has given a big middle finger to everyone so far and done exactly how they pleased. Quit with the black helicopter theories until something sketchy actually happens. The committee has not demonstrated anything at all that makes me think they are only going to try to appease the masses.

Good point. I agree

I was just speaking from more of a strategic standpoint. Your right tough, we don't know anything.

ShotgunDawg
11-25-2014, 03:28 PM
Does anyone on actually think that after this weekend that FSU is better than us? The committee's job is to rank the best 4 teams, regardless of record. If Oregon and Bama can jump FSU with a loss I don't know why won't this week, we are simply the better team, and I think the committee see's this.

Is this true?

Smitty
11-25-2014, 03:28 PM
There is no logical reason for Oregon to be ahead of FSU and us not to be.

DudyDawg
11-25-2014, 03:29 PM

Did you just follow telling peiple to stop saying what they think the committee will do by saying you don't think they'll do something? Logical....

DistrictDawg92
11-25-2014, 03:36 PM
I really don't get all the love for Oregon. If we beat Ole Miss we will have gone 11-1, beating all but one team in the SEC west where everyone is already bowl eligible, and that one loss being to the #1 team at their place! We beat Ole Miss and we are in period. The committee has been spot on this year and I don't expect them to screw this up.

DistrictDawg92
11-25-2014, 03:39 PM
Is this true?

I'd say so since two one loss teams are ranked above the undefeated reigning national champions, something the AP wouldn't have done. Their job is to list the top 4 teams. Period. The best 4 teams, and I think they have done it so far and they will continue to.

Dawgface
11-25-2014, 04:10 PM
I doubt it, but it would be nice. Give us a little pad to work with.

blacklistedbully
11-25-2014, 04:22 PM
I really don't get all the love for Oregon. If we beat Ole Miss we will have gone 11-1, beating all but one team in the SEC west where everyone is already bowl eligible, and that one loss being to the #1 team at their place! We beat Ole Miss and we are in period. The committee has been spot on this year and I don't expect them to screw this up.

It's simple. LSU, Auburn & TAMU losing and dropping down or out of the rankings has hurt us, as did the fact that we didn't look great versus UK and Arky, and lost to Bama. If you can't see how that makes us at least a little vulnerable, you need to put down the pipe.

Don't get me wrong, I think we deserve to be in the Top 3. But if you think we're a slam-dunk just by beating TSUN, you're way, way, way too optimistic and trusting that the committee will see it your way.

If for no other reason, Jeff Long has already said the committee sees it as "razor-thin" between us, TCU, Baylor & Ohio State, and they will consider conference championships in the final analysis. Add to that the fact that Baylor & Ohio State will finish by playing higher-ranked teams than we will, giving them the opportunity to boost their resume more than we can, and it's easy to see how we could be left out in the end. Not that we should, but that we very well could.

Spider-Man
11-25-2014, 04:32 PM
I think when you compare MSU, OSU, Baylor, and TCU all you have to do is look at who they lost to.

MSU>TCU>Baylor>OSU

Political Hack
11-25-2014, 04:59 PM
we're their best chance at a Cinderella story in year 1. the storyline works in our favor in that regard.

Intramural All-American
11-25-2014, 06:16 PM
Did you just follow telling peiple to stop saying what they think the committee will do by saying you don't think they'll do something? Logical....

Are you just dense? Or are you just trying to argue for the fun of it? I'm going off what the committee has actually done, not what someone hopes they don't do. And there is a little bit of a difference in thinking something random is going to happen, and not thinking that something random will happen. That is actually very logical.