PDA

View Full Version : WMD's Battle for the Golden Egg Preview - Part I

War Machine Dawg
11-25-2014, 03:03 PM
Gents, I'm doing a comprehensive preview of the Battle for the Golden Egg at FWTCT. Part I is defense. (http://www.forwhomthecowbelltolls.com/football/2014/11/25/7275897/wmd-battle-for-the-golden-egg-preview-defense-mississippi-state-bulldogs-ole-miss-rebels) It's long, but worth a read.

Irondawg
11-25-2014, 06:44 PM
We are going to have trouble moving the ball consistently on them unless Dak makes several "something out of nothing" plays with his feet. They are just stout defensively. So we have to stay committed and try to play field position early. I really think we'll try to create some space for Lewis and J-Rob but doing a lot of bubble screens and swing passes out of the backfield. Maybe a TE screen or two as well.

War Machine Dawg
11-25-2014, 10:35 PM
We are going to have trouble moving the ball consistently on them unless Dak makes several "something out of nothing" plays with his feet. They are just stout defensively. So we have to stay committed and try to play field position early. I really think we'll try to create some space for Lewis and J-Rob but doing a lot of bubble screens and swing passes out of the backfield. Maybe a TE screen or two as well.

I think we can run it on them. But the key will be us committing to #RTDF. If Mullen gets impatient and decides to air it out, we're in trouble.

cbrunt29
11-25-2014, 11:05 PM
Good preview WMD.
Saturday can't get here fast enough!

GTHOM
11-25-2014, 11:53 PM
I think we can run it on them. But the key will be us committing to #RTDF. If Mullen gets impatient and decides to air it out, we're in trouble.

If Auburn had 500 yards and 35 points on them why cant we? I know that those comparisons dont work sometimes but its hard for me to believe they are going to just stone us offensively. we are better than auburn offensively. I agree with this x100000