PDA

View Full Version : How hard do you think they will play?

GTHOM
11-25-2014, 12:19 PM
Hearing and seeing from their fanbase this week, i no longer think that they believe they can win this game anymore. The team though i cant speak for, they sure as hell looked dead on their feet last week. I expect them to come out and play hard to begin with, but if we get a score up quick they might lay down. I think they could fight their ass off for 60 minutes and we would still win because we are a better team. Have been all year. What do ya'll expect to see from the mighty rebs

MadDawg
11-25-2014, 12:21 PM
I expect them to come out extremely hyped and ready to play. Freezus will have them playing with lots and lots of love.

BeardoMSU
11-25-2014, 12:24 PM
Y'all gotta get away from this line of thinking....they will come out pumped and playing with pride. If we can't at least match that intensity, we will be in for a long game. Playing on the road in the SEC is tough, and it's not like this OM team is 2-10 with nothing to play for.

AlmostPositive
11-25-2014, 12:24 PM
The fan base will Grove hard, the players will give up after a quarter or two, when they realize State's even meaner than Arkansas was.

DownwardDawg
11-25-2014, 12:25 PM
Hearing and seeing from their fanbase this week, i no longer think that they believe they can win this game anymore. The team though i cant speak for, they sure as hell looked dead on their feet last week. I expect them to come out and play hard to begin with, but if we get a score up quick they might lay down. I think they could fight their ass off for 60 minutes and we would still win because we are a better team. Have been all year. What do ya'll expect to see from the mighty rebs

I agree with all of this. They will come out swinging but they'll give up before halftime or early in the 3rd.

Bubb Rubb
11-25-2014, 12:28 PM
They are going to play hard and play well. Their defense is impressive. Those who feel this is an easy win for us are mistaken. We have to play well, protect the ball, and pound them with the run. Our defense has to abandon the bend, don't break philosophy and come in expecting to pitch a shutout.

missouridawg
11-25-2014, 12:28 PM
If we win the toss and defer ill be pissed. It's really important in games like this to get the crowd out of it early. Need to put 7 up quick.

thf24
11-25-2014, 12:31 PM
Y'all gotta get away from this line of thinking....they will come out pumped and playing with pride. If we can't at least match that intensity, we will be in for a long game. Playing on the road in the SEC is tough, and it's not like this OM team is 2-10 with nothing to play for.

They're going to come out fired up and ready to play, but I don't think that's the key factor. What are they going to be able to do on offense? They'll be without two of their three best players on that side (Tunsil won't play more than a few minutes), and the third (Dr. Bo) is severely hobbled by most indications and may not play either. Unless we come out dead flat and they're able to run the ball on us (not happening) they're not going to be able to score much no matter how hard they play. I think their defense will play well, but as long as we avoid mistakes I don't think they stand a chance of outscoring us.

spiritual_machine2005
11-25-2014, 12:31 PM
They are wounded and cornered. Nothing more dangerous than a wounded cornered animal. I hope our coaches drive this point home this week.

MSUDawg4Life
11-25-2014, 12:32 PM
We can't have any turnovers or any reason for them to stay in the game. As others have said, they'll come out and fight hard. Then give up around the middle of the third quarter. We have to give them reasons to quit.

Westdawg
11-25-2014, 12:34 PM
i can tell you there is ONE constant on that team - their defense. we can knock their coaches and that offense, QB, etc. all we want, but that defense was still laying lumber to ppl at the end of the Arky game when it was a given that they were far out of reach of even making a score, much less a game. for some reason that defense won't give up. we have to punish them up front and wear them down. that defense has kept them in most all games except two - Ark and Auburn. they will definitely come out ready to play and play hard.

quickstrike2
11-25-2014, 12:35 PM
They are going to be ready to play and pumped up, no doubt in my mind. Freeze will have them focused, and playing with alot of energy. I don't like the mentality that we are going up there to easily handle them, because I fully expect the game to be tight. Their defense is very good and execution on offense will be key. I don't know about Bo's status, but they will come out fast and will be our job to stop them.

Also, special teams will be a point of interest. Last year we gift wrapped a TD to them, we can't do that again. Shanked punts and PAT's are no good either.

GreenheadDawg
11-25-2014, 12:37 PM

I don't understand why people can't get this. It doesn't matter that the fanbase is down their team will 100% be ready to blow our season. We have to weather the storm early they will fold. We will win this game

Leroy Jenkins
11-25-2014, 12:38 PM
If we win the toss and defer ill be pissed. It's really important in games like this to get the crowd out of it early. Need to put 7 up quick.

I want to defer. The best match-up for us is our D vs their O. Take the crowd out from the start. I dont want to give the over-celebratory sharts a chance to feel they have a shot if they get a good initial showing on D.

quickstrike2
11-25-2014, 12:41 PM
I want to defer. The best match-up for us is our D vs their O. Take the crowd out from the start. I dont want to give the over-celebratory sharts a chance to feel they have a shot if they get a good initial showing on D.

I favor this. Their D is very good, a quick ending possession by us would create alot of energy for them.

Bubb Rubb
11-25-2014, 12:42 PM

That would be stupid. You have to defer. The best way to get the crowd into it for them would be for us to take the ball, put the best part of their team on the field first, and let them get a 3 and out. Their offense is a hot mess. Let our defense eat first. Get stops. Get some momentum. And then get the ball first in the second half after putting in your halftime adjustments.

Liverpooldawg
11-25-2014, 12:43 PM
We will get the best shot they can give. We better be ready. It will be one of the toughest games of the year. Don't believe all this crap that they will mail it in. It WON'T happen.

messageboardsuperhero
11-25-2014, 12:45 PM
I'd be shocked if this wasn't a hard-fought, 4 quarter game. They will come out ready to play, and we will too.

TrapGame
11-25-2014, 12:49 PM
I don't see their offense being very productive with Hobbled Labia and Big Softy. Engram and Core are it. They will put this game on their defense.

MSUDawg4Life
11-25-2014, 12:50 PM
That would be stupid. You have to defer. The best way to get the crowd into it for them would be for us to take the ball, put the best part of their team on the field first, and let them get a 3 and out. Their offense is a hot mess. Let our defense eat first. Get stops. Get some momentum. And then get the ball first in the second half after putting in your halftime adjustments.

I agree. You have to defer. Put our defense on the field first, stop them and take some of the energy away from the crowd.

ShotgunDawg
11-25-2014, 01:33 PM

Absolutely

In fact, I believe we should come out conservative on offense and be patient. Ole Miss is mistake prone team that is struggling on offense right now.

Early on, we need to play for field position, RTGDF, and wait for their offense to screw up. We shouldn't take risk and allow their defense to make a big play.

Hopefully, we learned this from the Bama game. We must be patient and then strike when we have the advantage. Getting greedy or impatient will cost us in this game. If we stay patient, I think we walk out of there with a 24-10 type win.

RougeDawg
11-25-2014, 01:56 PM
I don't see their offense being very productive with Hobbled Labia and Big Softy. Engram and Core are it. They will put this game on their defense.

And their defense cannot stop what we do best. Why is this so difficult for people to see? We have the best offense they will have faced all year and we have as good of a power running game as any. This is their worst matchup on defenses outside of Arkansas. Bama was ram rodding them until they went TXTech on offense. We also have the best defense they will have seen all year. I see No reason for this to be close unless we lose turnover battle by 3+.

MSUMatt
11-25-2014, 02:02 PM

People are setting themselves up to look like fools if you do not think for one second that Ole Miss is gonna come out and play like their hair is on fire. They are going to try and beat us unmercifully every second of that game. It will probably ultimately be one of the most physical games we have played all year. We are going to have to play well to beat them as I expect their best shot and game. This team can and will beat us if we allow them to. Having said that, our best game will beat their best game.

BulldogDX55
11-25-2014, 02:05 PM
With Bo questionable, it would be poetic if he came in halfway through the fourth in a close game thinking he will pull a Dak and be an Ole Miss legend forever, and then immediately fumbles into the end zone.

And then Nickoe Whitley jumps out of the stands and teabags him.

DawgHouseUnited
11-25-2014, 02:14 PM
With Bo questionable, it would be poetic if he came in halfway through the fourth in a close game thinking he will pull a Dak and be an Ole Miss legend forever, and then immediately fumbles into the end zone.

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/chuck-norris-thumbs-up-dodgeball-gif.gif

dawgpound
11-25-2014, 02:30 PM
They are a shell of the team they were in the beginning of the year and that has to play a role in their mentality. They will be excited and want to beat us but there are holes all over the field for them now.

GTHOM
11-25-2014, 02:31 PM
And their defense cannot stop what we do best. Why is this so difficult for people to see? We have the best offense they will have faced all year and we have as good of a power running game as any. This is their worst matchup on defenses outside of Arkansas. Bama was ram rodding them until they went TXTech on offense. We also have the best defense they will have seen all year. I see No reason for this to be close unless we lose turnover battle by 3+.

This x11100000

GTHOM
11-25-2014, 02:33 PM
I think it will be tight at halftime but by the end our offense will have taken it out of them. I said they would play hard no doubt about it, i just dont think they have the ability to beat us anymore, not if we're playing our game. And from what I've seen, we will. I expect a 2 score win but it wouldnt surprise me if it was a nail biter

TrapGame
11-25-2014, 02:40 PM

Serious though, as short fused as Bo is the defense needs to be in his ear every play with " You still Nickoe's bitch!" and " Nickoe wants to know if you got the impression of his nuts outta your hair?!".

Bo would lose his shit after a quarter of that.

GTHOM
11-25-2014, 02:42 PM
Serious though, as short fused as Bo is the defense needs to be in his ear every play with " You still Nickoe's bitch!" and " Nickoe wants to know if you got the impression of his nuts outta your hair?!".

Bo would lose his shit after a quarter of that.

if i was collins it would be part of the gameplan this week

TrapGame
11-25-2014, 02:45 PM

Exactly. Without a healthy Bo, Tunsil and Treadwell it's too much to ask of their defense to keep us out of the end zone. They'll try to use Arkansas and Bama's defensive game plan to stop us but the Bear's defense is not built the same way.

drunkernhelldawg
11-25-2014, 02:45 PM
[QUOTE=Bubb Rubb;295123]That would be stupid. You have to defer. The best way to get the crowd into it for them would be for us to take the ball, put the best part of their team on the field first, and let them get a 3]

That's one scenario. A boatload of others possible. I'd rather just take the ball. Neither choice is stupid. It just depends on how things work out.

GTHOM
11-25-2014, 02:51 PM
Robinson better get the ball 20-25 times

Percho
11-25-2014, 03:14 PM

Let BM de-clete Engram on the LOS then someone else pick him up during the rush.

yjnkdawg
11-25-2014, 03:15 PM

This + they will be honoring their senior players on Senior Day.

yjnkdawg
11-25-2014, 03:42 PM
They are going to play hard and play well. Their defense is impressive. Those who feel this is an easy win for us are mistaken. We have to play well, protect the ball, and pound them with the run. Our defense has to abandon the bend, don't break philosophy and come in expecting to pitch a shutout.

This and we don't need to try and force any throws in, where it is just not there. Besides hurting us, a pick by Golson or Prewitt would really fire that bunch up.

drunkernhelldawg
11-25-2014, 03:53 PM
It'll probably be a war, but we do have a chance to blow them out at their place. Just like any game, we have to make plays, capitalize on opportunity, and minimize mistakes.

TaleofTwoDogs
11-25-2014, 04:40 PM

Don't forget the RAT theory. It has bite us on the ass many times.

I'm less concerned about the Bears' attitude than our own. Remember the Bama game, possibly the biggest game in MSU history and we came out flat. You can never tell how a team will respond to a challenge even if they outwardly display hardass swag. Lets hope the dawgs have their heads on straight and can take care of buzzinesssss.

notoriousdog
11-25-2014, 04:47 PM
It's pretty simple to me. We are strong where they are weak. Our DL vs their OL is a huge advantage. Once we stuff them a couple of times, they will fold.

TrapGame
11-25-2014, 05:10 PM

I'm less concerned about the Bears' attitude than our own. Remember the Bama game, possibly the biggest game in MSU history and we came out flat. You can never tell how a team will respond to a challenge even if they outwardly display hardass swag. Lets hope the dawgs have their heads on straight and can take care of buzzinesssss.

There is no way in Hades we come out flat. This game is a different animal compared to Bama.

AlmostPositive
11-25-2014, 05:20 PM
This reminds me of 1998 when Romaro Miller was out and a woefully inexperienced backup played. People were saying Ole Miss University would play hard and anything can happen in a rivalry game. We rawhided 'em, and that's what's going to happen this time.

BulldogBear
11-25-2014, 05:31 PM

A logical thought but I'm gonna disagree in this case. Their defense will be stout at first. So, I'm not really expecting us to get in the endzone till about drive 3 or so. I think it's more important to have our "worst" pass defense set the tone early by reminding them that they have no freaking offense. THAT will put them in despair. Their vaunted defense will stop us sometimes. It will keep them in the game at first. But they'll need to score more than 20 to have CHANCE to win in my opinion. I say, let them see pretty early that scoring at all is gonna be tough. They probably need TOs and short fields. In other words, to score more than a few points, we're gonna need to 17 up some on offense. Could happen with a good D. What is extremely important is to put foot on throat. If they are struggling and we are ramming ball down throat at 5-6 yards a carry, we DO NOT need to have any drive killing cutesy show off the passing game sheit. Dan loves to set up the pass... and yeah, if they have 9 in the box or something... do it. But do not obsess over needing to pass if we running right at them by 3rd quarter and they can't stop it. How many times have we seen Mullen teams running and the other team can't stop us but we do it for them with 3 incomplete passes and a punt? Or we're running 4-8 yards every play and then pass 11 straight times. Not this time Dan. Don't over think it. They've asked for it. Give it to them. Right down the windpipe.

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-25-2014, 05:35 PM
I think they will come out and play hard on defense. it will be tough sledding for State and the bears will keep it close for a while. However, their lack of offense will eventually catch up with them and their D will tire out due to lack of depth. I expect it to be close for 3 quarters and State gradually pulls away in the 4th.

BulldogBear
11-25-2014, 05:36 PM
Absolutely

In fact, I believe we should come out conservative on offense and be patient. Ole Miss is mistake prone team that is struggling on offense right now.

Early on, we need to play for field position, RTGDF, and wait for their offense to screw up. We shouldn't take risk and allow their defense to make a big play.

Hopefully, we learned this from the Bama game. We must be patient and then strike when we have the advantage. Getting greedy or impatient will cost us in this game. If we stay patient, I think we walk out of there with a 24-10 type win.

+660000

WesternSkyDawg
11-25-2014, 06:09 PM
i can tell you there is ONE constant on that team - their defense. we can knock their coaches and that offense, QB, etc. all we want, but that defense was still laying lumber to ppl at the end of the Arky game when it was a given that they were far out of reach of even making a score, much less a game. for some reason that defense won't give up. we have to punish them up front and wear them down. that defense has kept them in most all games except two - Ark and Auburn. they will definitely come out ready to play and play hard.

This all day

Hell, they had an impressive goal line stand in the 4th when Arkansas had their starters in trying to slam the door. Instead, Alex Collins got slammed on third down. Had to settle for the field goal.

Their O is a question, but that D has not quit. We better show up with our A game.

coastratdog
11-25-2014, 06:37 PM

How can anyone say we came out flat against Bama. Let's admit their defensive scheme was executed perfectly. TSUN doesn't have the front four Bama has. We should be able to wear them down with our running game and walk away in the fourth.

GTHOM
11-25-2014, 11:29 PM
How can anyone say we came out flat against Bama. Let's admit their defensive scheme was executed perfectly. TSUN doesn't have the front four Bama has. We should be able to wear them down with our running game and walk away in the fourth.

We werent flat, we panicked in the first half. when we calmed down we took it to their ass. it should help us in this game. although i dont think their fans are nearly as pumped as they were, theyll still be liquored up. people acting like them playing hard is going to be a big difference is kinda null to me, we are going to play hard too. and we are the better team. i expect a fight at least early on, but we will play and play well and wear them down. and kicking off the Rev. Freezus era in gainesville

Todd4State
11-25-2014, 11:37 PM

I don't think we were flat. I think we were uptight. Especially the offense and punters.

GTHOM
11-25-2014, 11:44 PM
agreed. definitely tight. we shouldnt be saturday. i think we will play our ass off

Homedawg
11-25-2014, 11:54 PM

In a game that sets up like this one- if we don't defer I'll be pissed. The strength of their team is defense. Why let them have a great series and get mo? Sure if we scored that would be great. But the reality is, they have a wounded qb and wo their best wr. Kick it to em and stop them, get field position and turn it into the bama game. Except in our favor. Not deferring is not smart imo.

Todd4State
11-26-2014, 12:53 AM
In a game that sets up like this one- if we don't defer I'll be pissed. The strength of their team is defense. Why let them have a great series and get mo? Sure if we scored that would be great. But the reality is, they have a wounded qb and wo their best wr. Kick it to em and stop them, get field position and turn it into the bama game. Except in our favor. Not deferring is not smart imo.

In the Alabama game, the field position that they got from us was a HUGE reason why we lost that game. So, I agree with you.

BLITZII
11-26-2014, 07:09 AM
They will play very hard! They still have a lot to play for........they can still get into a good bowl by beating us.