PDA

View Full Version : Need to know about fishing on the Gulf Coast...

TimberBeast
11-25-2014, 12:13 AM
I will be moving to Ocean Springs in a few weeks and was wondering if anyone could help me out with places to fish and what to fish for in the area. I have been bass fishing since I was a kid but that's all I've ever done and wanted to figure out what I can fish for down there in the bayou areas or off the piers. I will not have access to a boat so I'm only interested in what I can do on the banks or piers. Also, I only have freshwater fishing rods and reels and figured I would have to get something that had can handle the saltwater. Thanks in advance for any help.

SpeckleDawg
11-25-2014, 10:03 AM
I rarely fish the OS area, but I can pm you a good site to get info on that specific area. If you enjoy bass fishing, you'll be hooked the first time you fight a redfish. You'll be amazed at what all you can catch from a pier down here: redfish, speckled & white trout, flounder, drum and so many more. Your bass gear will work perfectly for most of your inshore fishing down here. Just be sure to give them a freshwater rinse after each trip. Pick up a pair of waders and you can do even more. Post up when you get ready to make a trip and we can give some more detailed info.