PDA

View Full Version : We've heard the latest on hobby lobby

starkvegasdawg
11-24-2014, 09:40 PM
What's the latest on big softie?

Coach34
11-24-2014, 10:01 PM
after that asswhoopin he took Saturday- He will probably tap out before halftime vs Smith

Bubb Rubb
11-24-2014, 10:39 PM
What's the latest on big softie?

Unlikely to play Saturday.

AlmostPositive
11-24-2014, 10:39 PM
Still Big, still soft. And not that worried about who wins the Egg Bowl.

SDDawg
11-24-2014, 10:43 PM
Serious question- how does he make it at the next level if he's this soft. Why will NFL teams waste a high draft pick on a guy that doesn't compete?

MSUDawg4Life
11-24-2014, 11:22 PM
Serious question- how does he make it at the next level if he's this soft. Why will NFL teams waste a high draft pick on a guy that doesn't compete?

He doesn't intend to loaf on the next level. He's just minimizing the wear and tear on his body at this level. Several players have used that strategy.

He's a 5-star left tackle. He knows he's going to get drafted. He's just biding his time until the draft and collecting whatever benefits OM promised in the meantime - $100 handshakes, white girl blow jobs, ....

One of the many flaws in Hugh Freeze's recruiting strategy. Think he would be better off with a three-star with something to prove on every play?

SDDawg
11-24-2014, 11:45 PM
I just don't believe in paying guys to play ball that only play when they feel like it. A competitor competes, not for their school but for themselves. A guy that turns it off at Ole Miss will find an excuse to do that at the next level, guaranteed.

Todd4State
11-24-2014, 11:52 PM
I just don't believe in paying guys to play ball that only play when they feel like it. A competitor competes, not for their school but for themselves. A guy that turns it off at Ole Miss will find an excuse to do that at the next level, guaranteed.

I agree. As it is he is basically banking on showing out in the NFL combine.

Sacrifice
11-24-2014, 11:53 PM
Don't they have a O-line recruit that wants to learn from big puss? I thought I heard that somewhere.

engie
11-24-2014, 11:59 PM
Don't they have a O-line recruit that wants to learn from big puss? I thought I heard that somewhere.

He's a pretty big Tennessee flip risk....

Johnson85
11-25-2014, 08:41 AM

Ask Tommy Kelly. Seemed to work out ok for him.

MSUDawg4Life
11-25-2014, 09:02 AM
Ask Tommy Kelly. Seemed to work out ok for him.

Jadeveon Clowney, Isaiah Crowell ...

Isaiah Crowell was a 5-star running back that got in trouble at Georgia and went to Alabama State. Alabama State fans would complain about him not running hard, running out of bounds as quickly as possible and taking himself out of games. He's now a rookie for the Cleveland Browns averaging 5 yards per carry with 7 touchdowns. Playing pretty well.

That's one of the dangers of recruiting high 5-star athletes who don't care anything about your school.

Coach34
11-25-2014, 09:09 AM
Yep- hired guns don't always workout the way you want. If he finishes the game Saturday I'll be shocked

BLITZII
11-25-2014, 10:19 AM
If he really has a torn bi-cep........that shit is very painful! If he plays he will not play the whole game. He is as stated "biding his time until the combine"

Unless something happens he will be 1st round pick.

DawgHouseUnited
11-25-2014, 11:19 AM
If he really has a torn bi-cep........that shit is very painful! If he plays he will not play the whole game. He is as stated "biding his time until the combine"

Unless something happens he will be 1st round pick.

That's gotta hurt the OM pride a little- knowing that you're just a placeholder until draft time.

AlmostPositive
11-25-2014, 12:32 PM
The UMites have figured Tunsil out; I think they will be re-evaluating the character of their team as a whole starting late afternoon Saturday.

MSUDawg4Life
11-25-2014, 12:42 PM
That's gotta hurt the OM pride a little- knowing that you're just a placeholder until draft time.

No. They are proud simply because they got him and will be proud that he's drafted. How he played at their school doesn't matter. Their school is all about pretension and putting on airs, not substance.