PDA

View Full Version : Jarvis Wilson

GreenheadDawg
11-24-2014, 07:34 PM
Anybody know why C Walker and D Warren are CBing him to flip to Georgia?

msstate7
11-24-2014, 07:42 PM
Did he visit Athens last weekend?

bobcat91
11-24-2014, 07:44 PM
Didn't let the staff know and took an official to UGA. Would love to have him but, Dan doesn't play these games. His HS coach has been pimping him to several schools out of state. He's going to get burned.

GreenheadDawg
11-24-2014, 07:46 PM
Didn't let the staff know and took an official to UGA. Would love to have him but, Dan doesn't play these games. His HS coach has been pimping him to several schools out of state. He's going to get burned.

I thought Tupelo's coach was a State fan?

bobcat91
11-24-2014, 07:47 PM
I thought Tupelo's coach was a State fan?

He has been called out several times this year begging UGA to look at him. He's no friend of ours.

msstate7
11-24-2014, 07:50 PM
He has been called out several times this year begging UGA to look at him. He's no friend of ours.

MS HS coaches who push in state commits out of state should be feeling heat. If this is true, we should do everything in our power to screw this coach

ShotgunDawg
11-24-2014, 07:51 PM
It was reported numerous places this weekend that he was visiting UGA. He has said repeatedly that he wants to stay close to home. I wouldn't worry about it.

Saltydog
UGA got in the picture. The last kid I remember from NE MS going to UGA sat his ass on the bench for 5 years.

Todd4State
We'll still take him if he wants to come. Ask Brandon Bryant.

hailmari
11-24-2014, 07:52 PM
I don't see it. Jarvis is a State fan and him and Bump are really tight. Free trip to Athens.. I'd go too.

Todd4State
11-24-2014, 07:52 PM
UGA got in the picture.

Is Chris Wilson still there? That would be my first guess.

bobcat91
11-24-2014, 07:53 PM
Wilson is at USC West

Liverpooldawg
11-24-2014, 07:58 PM
He needs to look up Blake Barnes and see how UGA worked out for him.

MabenMaroon
11-24-2014, 08:50 PM
Athens is one hell of a party town, 100x the party factor of Oxfart ( except with class ), any weekend one can see no less than 5 major regional bands or national act on one of their strips. And if that doesn't soothe your party pallet, just take the 75 minute ride into Atlanta. Big time for a young kid who has never been there.

MabenMaroon
11-24-2014, 08:53 PM
Wilson is at USC West

Isn't his son a graduating sr. in the area, or did he go to LA as well. He would have known his son from his time in StarkVegas.

msstate7
11-24-2014, 08:53 PM
Athens is one hell of a party town, 100x the party factor of Oxfart ( except with class ), any weekend one can see no less than 5 major regional bands or national act on one of their strips. And if that doesn't soothe your party pallet, just take the 75 minute ride into Atlanta. Big time for a young kid who has never been there.

So you saying he gone?

engie
11-24-2014, 08:55 PM
There seems to be alot of unrest with our guys since the Virgil disaster. If they consider themselves anywhere near the chopping block, I don't blame any and all of those kids for shoring up other options just in case. It's really common sense on their part. Doesn't mean they are even entertaining flipping. But we opened this box by how we (allegedly) handled Virgil.

MabenMaroon
11-24-2014, 09:05 PM
So you saying he gone?

Nah! Got to stay close to the home cooking, great place to visit but wouldn't want to live there. Jarvis will be a MSU Dawg.

Todd4State
11-24-2014, 09:16 PM
There seems to be alot of unrest with our guys since the Virgil disaster. If they consider themselves anywhere near the chopping block, I don't blame any and all of those kids for shoring up other options just in case. It's really common sense on their part. Doesn't mean they are even entertaining flipping. But we opened this box by how we (allegedly) handled Virgil.

I bet Dan handles things better going forward and learns from this. Number one, I bet we won't take a QB commitment until after Big Dawg Camp. And we really shouldn't take more than one QB unless it's a situation where we are in a dire need of one like last year.

662dawg
11-24-2014, 09:29 PM
This has nothing to do with Virgil. Msu coaches are telling Jarvis he will more than likely have to redshirt & Georgia is promising him that he does not have to. Jarvis is not seeing the big picture here.

That said, he's a great kid from a great family. I wish him the best regardless of what happens.

msstate7
11-24-2014, 09:31 PM
This has nothing to do with Virgil. Msu coaches are telling Jarvis he will more than likely have to redshirt & Georgia is promising him that he does not have to. Jarvis is not seeing the big picture here.

That said, he's a great kid from a great family. I wish him the best regardless of what happens.

Our RS process is working for us. I want kids that buy into our system. Hopefully Jarvis does

662dawg
11-24-2014, 09:39 PM
Our RS process is working for us. I want kids that buy into our system. Hopefully Jarvis does

I totally agree with this.

Irondawg
11-24-2014, 10:01 PM
Never trust a program that tells you that. Sure you may not redshirt, but you also may not hardly play a down all year. It's incredibly hard to earn playing time as a true freshman in the SEC.

ShotgunDawg
11-24-2014, 10:04 PM
It's another case of Mullen telling it how it is.

Rick Danko
11-24-2014, 10:06 PM
Hell, based on all this, I just hope our entire class doesn't fall apart and we are left taking long shot 2 starzzzz*****

Homedawg
11-24-2014, 10:19 PM
Good grief you people, we handled the situation wrong? Wtf ever. We got the number one qb on our board. We had another guy commit to us prior to that in case we didn't. If we hadn't you stupid bastards would be raising hell why don't we have a backup plan. That's been proven before. We told him the situation he didn't like it. So here we are being crucified by our own fans. Bet saban isn't crucified for the same....color me surprised. we want to win?? Yet don't want to do what the big boys do? Part of the game. If u don't like it, go cheer for someone else. That's all

SDDawg
11-24-2014, 10:27 PM
It's another case of Mullen telling it how it is.

I'd say his "process" is working so I'm cool with it.

engie
11-24-2014, 10:56 PM
Good grief you people, we handled the situation wrong? Wtf ever. We got the number one qb on our board. We had another guy commit to us prior to that in case we didn't. If we hadn't you stupid bastards would be raising hell why don't we have a backup plan. That's been proven before. We told him the situation he didn't like it. So here we are being crucified by our own fans. Bet saban isn't crucified for the same....color me surprised. we want to win?? Yet don't want to do what the big boys do? Part of the game. If u don't like it, go cheer for someone else. That's all

Yes. We handled the situation wrong, and it's not "crucifying" anyone to admit that. And it has already had some blowback in Texas -- a place we have been trying to recruit more and more. You can spin it if you want to -- but taking Virgil and then waiting until he's 3 weeks away from moving to Starkville and participating in bowl prep is terrible form. From a timeframe perspective, it's INFINITELY more terrible than dropping a kid on NSD 5 months before he has to have a plan to make it to campus. If we took him up front as a backup plan as insurance of getting Tiano as you allege, that's fine -- but that should have been a clear understanding from the start -- and it should have become a greyshirt offer the day Tiano committed. THAT'S how we've always handled recruiting -- and right here, we haven't handled it that way, and it blew up on us.

The bottom line -- unless there's a bunch of liars out there on Virgil's behalf -- we handled this badly. And if they are lying, there are a ton of ways for our coaches to put out the correct intel without actually "commenting on it in public". Not the least of which, is leaking the info to Rosey and PJ. We've "dropped" kids before -- and generally had a good reason that leaked. IF we actually had a good reason here -- and haven't bothered leaking it -- that's concerning as well. It shows that we actually STILL haven't learned to play the PR game in our favor...

Biguglyjoe
11-24-2014, 11:21 PM
UGA got in the picture. The last kid I remember from NE MS going to UGA sat his ass on the bench for 5 years.

Hammond hates State. I've known him for years.

Todd4State
11-24-2014, 11:56 PM

Saban has been crucified for the same- and worse than Dan has ever been.

It's about roster management- and we decided to take two QB's this year when we really only needed one in a year where there are a TON of prospects and we were going to oversign.

I'm not crucifying Dan, but it's a mistake nonetheless. At the end of the day our class is going to be really good and that situation was just a bump in the road.