PDA

View Full Version : Just got a text out of Oxford- lots of concern that Fredo's QB...

Coach34
11-24-2014, 07:27 PM
Bo Dirt- may not be able to go Saturday. And if he does- they are thinking 70% at best. He took a shot to ease the pain Saturday- and after all that tape came off that leg got swole like a Mississippi country girl after 2 pregnancies. This comes from inside Oxford. Panic has set in

BeardoMSU
11-24-2014, 07:30 PM
I'd be very surprised if he didn't play.

GreenheadDawg
11-24-2014, 07:32 PM
I'd be very surprised if he didn't play.

I 2nd that. I'll be shocked. It's his last home game and last egg bowl. He will play

msstate7
11-24-2014, 07:32 PM
If he plays with bad ankle, we don't have to respect their zone read at all. Bo won't be able to step into throws so we can bring safeties up to stop short stuff. In other words, they're screwed if bo isnt close to healthy

BulldogBear
11-24-2014, 07:33 PM
It'll be turned into an excuse, even if he takes a few snaps.

ShotgunDawg
11-24-2014, 07:34 PM
I mean, one year he has the flu and the next year he has an ankle. Will the real Bo Wallace please stand up?

At MSU, we are tired of the excuses and would rather you guys just be full strength, so we can whip that ass without "Buts"

Coach34
11-24-2014, 07:34 PM
I 2nd that. I'll be shocked. It's his last home game and last egg bowl. He will play

High ankle sprain/stress fractures are tough to deal with.

Dawg61
11-24-2014, 07:36 PM
If he plays with bad ankle, we don't have to respect their zone read at all. Bo won't be able to step into throws so we can bring safeties up to stop short stuff. In other words, they're screwed if bo isnt close to healthy

That sad pathetic arm strength just lost another 15-20 yards. Just put 11 in close to the LOS he can't throw it deep at all. Like physically is unable to throw it longer than 20 yards.

Liverpooldawg
11-24-2014, 07:38 PM
He will play. Also, don't forget what we did with the third team QB against them last year. This will be a very tough game no matter who plays.

missouridawg
11-24-2014, 07:39 PM
Already took it at -2... Might take it for some more.

Saltydog
11-24-2014, 07:41 PM
field Saturday"........

turkish
11-24-2014, 07:44 PM
After understanding the term RAT and its unmistakable applicability to MSU sports, I no longer get excited about key injuries.

GreenheadDawg
11-24-2014, 07:44 PM
High ankle sprain/stress fractures are tough to deal with.

agreed, I just wonder how severe it is. Dak has been playing with a high ankle sprain

Coach34
11-24-2014, 07:50 PM
agreed, I just wonder how severe it is. Dak has been playing with a high ankle sprain

not as severe as Dirt's. He's getting anti-inflammatorys, hot-cold, and all that stuff-but make no mistake- there is some serious concern about him Saturday

BossDawg
11-24-2014, 07:59 PM
Freeze could be playing this just like Mullen did last year. I just hope it's not a repeat, with grace falling on UMiss this time.

Harrydawg
11-24-2014, 08:02 PM
Does anyone have Bo's number, I'd like to call and check on him......

No doubt he'll try to play, hell - they have no choice. We are about to go in dry......Statement time

Coach34
11-24-2014, 08:02 PM
If they play Kincaide and the guy from Prop- we will beat them 30 points. Our defense will out-score them. Fredo needs Dirt to play badly- thus the panic they have right now inside the IPF

SDDawg
11-24-2014, 08:04 PM
LIGGINS!!!!!!!!

BeardoMSU
11-24-2014, 08:04 PM
Freeze could be playing this just like Mullen did last year. I just hope it's not a repeat, with grace falling on UMiss this time.

This would suck a big ole bag o' dicks.

GreenheadDawg
11-24-2014, 08:12 PM
not as severe as Dirt's. He's getting anti-inflammatorys, hot-cold, and all that stuff-but make no mistake- there is some serious concern about him Saturday

My dad just said WLBT was reporting from Oxford and Starkville and he said the reporter from Oxford said Bo was fine and he would play. But I'm sure they are just saying that to avoid mass hysteria in Oxford. His injury didn't look good on TV so I wouldn't doubt it if it causes him problems

BulldogBear
11-24-2014, 08:16 PM

That's what I was just thinking. Bo's gonna come in and run all over us for the last ten minutes and lead them to victory.

NM

32 Dive
11-24-2014, 08:17 PM
LIGGINS!!!!!!!!

320lb S3cr3t w34p0n!!!!!

32 Dive
11-24-2014, 08:19 PM
Freeze is just managing expectations, by tempering them. We need to play our best, and hold on to the football. Do that, and we'll be rooting like heck for Auburn on Saturday night.

AlmostPositive
11-24-2014, 08:19 PM
Ole Miss controls their own destiny. Their destiny is the Belk Bowl.

SDDawg
11-24-2014, 08:22 PM
Belk Bowl or BUST... been saying this for weeks now.

BulldogBear
11-24-2014, 08:41 PM
Belk Bowl so we can pull for Cutliffe to get a little karma.

starkvegasdawg
11-24-2014, 08:42 PM
So if Kinkaide is playing does Redmond need to play behind the LOS to have a shot at a pick?

Todd4State
11-24-2014, 08:45 PM
That's what I was just thinking. Bo's gonna come in and run all over us for the last ten minutes and lead them to victory.

NM

Well, they try to imitate everything else. Why not our Egg Bowl win last year too?

Todd4State
11-24-2014, 08:47 PM
So if Kinkaide is playing does Redmond need to play behind the LOS to have a shot at a pick?

They should Bo behind Kincaide as a RB so that when Kincaide throws in backwards Bo can catch it and throw it forward.

cbrunt29
11-24-2014, 08:55 PM
They should Bo behind Kincaide as a RB so that when Kincaide throws in backwards Bo can catch it and throw it forward.
And put Nkemdiche at WR since the whole RB thing failed last year. This'll catch us off guard***

Bubb Rubb
11-24-2014, 09:08 PM
Bo Dirt- may not be able to go Saturday. And if he does- they are thinking 70% at best. He took a shot to ease the pain Saturday- and after all that tape came off that leg got swole like a Mississippi country girl after 2 pregnancies. This comes from inside Oxford. Panic has set in

Like I said yesterday, I will be suprised if he plays, based on what I've heard.

BeardoMSU
11-24-2014, 09:09 PM
Like I said yesterday, I will be suprised if he plays, based on what I've heard.

Well spill it then, Lil Sis.

Bubb Rubb
11-24-2014, 09:13 PM
Well spill it then, Lil Sis.

Fracture. Swelling and pain tolerance are the two variables.

msstate7
11-24-2014, 09:15 PM
If it's a fracture, they might as well use one of the freshmen. Without tunsil, bo will be a sitting duck

Jacksondevildog
Interesting. How good are your sources? This would definitely take away his mobility.

gravedigger
My ***** hurts too

Coach34
11-24-2014, 09:17 PM

Bubb is saying the same damn thing I am

Stress fracture and swelling- or its a syndesmosis injury that will hamper him quite a bit

Bubb Rubb
11-24-2014, 09:22 PM
I have no reason to doubt what I was told. He could play on it but he's going to play like ass if so. He can't get anything on his throws because he can't step into them. But they need him to play, because Bo on one leg is much better than anything else they have.

turkish
11-24-2014, 09:27 PM
That's what it looked like on the two picks Saturday. They had nothing on them.

RougeDawg
11-24-2014, 09:43 PM
If it's a fracture, they might as well use one of the freshmen. Without tunsil, bo will be a sitting duck

The pain of a fracture is on a completely different level than any sprain and any shot or pain medicine isn't likely to help much. Have had one that Dr.'s misdiagnosed as a simple sprain. Pain was sharp in one spot and I went to a separate Dr who caught the break. If it's indeed a fracture, he isn't playing effectively, and probably not playing at all.

DLGDawg
11-24-2014, 09:53 PM
THat was the thing I noticed while watching him on the ground after the injury. He was grabbing above the ankle. Is that where the stress fracture is??

MabenMaroon
11-24-2014, 10:04 PM
They are just trying to set up some of more of that "winning the hearts of America" crap. .... Ahh, I can see the commentary spilling from LaVerne and Shirley's mouths "What a gallant, gutsy effort by that fine young man, to come in and play after his leg was amputated at the knee on his senior night. We tip our hats to that warrior of all warriors, Bro Ballace" ... Hell they will make a full length movie about it.

Todd4State
11-24-2014, 10:22 PM
THat was the thing I noticed while watching him on the ground after the injury. He was grabbing above the ankle. Is that where the stress fracture is??

Usually you see stress fractures in the foot and it's usually people that are runners. I guess what happened is Bo was tackled and twisted his ankle during the play and if a MD is calling that a stress fracture, I won't argue- but I wouldn't consider it common.

Todd4State
11-24-2014, 10:23 PM
They are just trying to set up some of more of that "winning the hearts of America" crap. .... Ahh, I can see the commentary spilling from LaVerne and Shirley's mouths "What a gallant, gutsy effort by that fine young man, to come in and play after his leg was amputated at the knee on his senior night. We tip our hats to that warrior of all warriors, Bro Ballace" ... Hell they will make a full length movie about it.

As long as that movie ends with us holding up the Golden Egg, they can do whatever they want to with it.

IMissJack
11-24-2014, 10:28 PM
I have no reason to doubt what I was told. He could play on it but he's going to play like ass if so. He can't get anything on his throws because he can't step into them. But they need him to play, because Bo on one leg is much better than anything else they have.

He's still better than Kincade or the other one with only one good leg. That is what is sad.

Todd4State
11-24-2014, 10:36 PM
He's still better than Kincade or the other one with only one good leg. That is what is sad.

Jitney Buchanan.

AlmostPositive
11-24-2014, 10:38 PM
Yeah, you don't generally get what anyone would call a stress fracture from a traumatic injury. What happens if he takes a hit on the same ankle? I don't think he should play if further injury is at all likely, but we will win whether he does or not.

Oxfordawg
11-25-2014, 12:20 AM
From what I heard today from a very good source he is on crutches and has serious swelling. I'm sure they will juice him up before the game but it's bad.

Coach34
11-25-2014, 09:07 AM
Our front is gonna smell blood and get after him. And since he can't really push off- the DB's are gonna jump the shirt routes. I can't wait for Saturday

GreenheadDawg
11-25-2014, 09:34 AM
Our front is gonna smell blood and get after him. And since he can't really push off- the DB's are gonna jump the shirt routes. I can't wait for Saturday

So you do think he plays?

Coach34
11-25-2014, 09:35 AM
He's gonna have to try- they have nothing else. They will drain it before the game and give him a shot for pain- but he won't be close to 100%

starkvegasdawg
11-25-2014, 09:46 AM
I'm sure none of our defensive lineman would "accidentally" step on his ankle during the game either.

MSUDawg4Life
11-25-2014, 09:56 AM

Our DL is going after him whether he's healthy or not. It's as if I can hear his pu**y trembling. May be best for him to give up as soon as possible.

RougeDawg
11-25-2014, 10:01 AM

I hope we don't over pursue on our rush, they may hit us with that power running game.**

MadDawg
11-25-2014, 10:03 AM

I'm hearing Taylor Swift is going to play the part of Bo.

starkvegasdawg
11-25-2014, 10:06 AM
To hear a few bears spin it old Bro Ballace is going to be close to 100% come game day. Almost like I can hear them singing an old Jimmy Buffet song with a slight twist:

Come game day, Bo'll be alright
Come game day, he be throwing it right
He spent 4 lonely days in a pain induced haze
but now his ankle is good to run off and hide.

BLITZII
11-25-2014, 10:09 AM
I think Bo will play! Not sure how effective he will be, but he will try to play. Freeze doesn't have a choice but to state that "Bo is playing and will be 100%." Because if the TSUN fans find out he cannot play..........they will not show up. MSU fans will control the stadium!

bgover4
11-25-2014, 10:29 AM
I bet that ankle will be fine when he runs off to the locker room before the end of the game, that is if he isn't carried out on a stretcher.

Bubb Rubb
11-25-2014, 10:32 AM
If Bo cannot play, they are not going to announce it this week. They want everyone to believe he is OK to impact how State prepares for the game. It's really the only hand they have to play at this point.

Westdawg
11-25-2014, 10:42 AM
oh please let it be true!!!!!

Coach34
11-25-2014, 11:03 AM
If Bo cannot play, they are not going to announce it this week. They want everyone to believe he is OK to impact how State prepares for the game. It's really the only hand they have to play at this point.

Bubb is dead on...

starkvegasdawg
11-25-2014, 11:18 AM

I'm sure some odds makers of Italian heritage wouldn't be bothered by that one bit.