PDA

View Full Version : But we're just another game...not their real rival

starkvegasdawg
11-24-2014, 07:21 AM
"It's State. I feel like if you can't get up for that, you probably don't need to be playing," linebacker Deterrian Shackelford said. "It's everything. It's the Egg Bowl. It's Senior Day. If I have to motivate some people for next week, they probably shouldn't be playing."

Rick Danko
11-24-2014, 07:42 AM
Only their dumbass fanbase would try to convince themselves this game doesn't mean anything. You can bet your ass it means something to the players, or at least the majority of them.

msstate7
11-24-2014, 07:47 AM
Supposedly freeze couldn't get his team motivated last week in practice when they still had a shot at the west. I think motivation may be harder than shackelford thinks. I think they come out pumped, but they fold if we hit them early

CadaverDawg
11-24-2014, 08:34 AM
Big Softie won't be motivated....he'll be watching the tron for updates on UGA vs Ga Tech.

basedog
11-24-2014, 08:36 AM
Don't be fooled, like everyone says on both teams, this is the Egg Bowl! I've been watching this game since the early 60's and every year except a few both teams get fired up to play, no different this year expect each year seems to be more intense especially the fans!

Expect a close game!

RougeDawg
11-24-2014, 10:01 AM
Don't be fooled, like everyone says on both teams, this is the Egg Bowl! I've been watching this game since the early 60's and every year except a few both teams get fired up to play, no different this year expect each year seems to be more intense especially the fans!

Expect a close game!

Not trying to discredit your post, but if you've been watching state that long you should notice how different this current team is compared to just about very other state team in history. They are on a mission and will steam roll OM Saturday. Hell we lost turnover battle by 3 at Bama and still had a chance to win. This team will glue Bucky to the hot seat this weekend. You can book that. We are out for blood this year and will win it all if the committee keeps us in the playoff.

Liverpooldawg
11-24-2014, 10:08 AM
I don't think he was questioning MSU's motivation.

BeastMan
11-24-2014, 10:17 AM
Big Softie won't be motivated....he'll be watching the tron for updates on UGA vs Ga Tech.

In all seriousness, I'd love to see how many games he's started and finished. It's got to be a SEC OL record.

RougeDawg
11-24-2014, 10:21 AM
I don't think he was questioning MSU's motivation.

He said he expects s good game. If good game means State blowing the brakes off of the bears then he's correct. My point was for anyone who's watched state 20+ years, you should be able to see how different this team is and expecting nothing less then a Man handling. Especially given hoe beaten up the Bears are.

thunderclap
11-24-2014, 10:41 AM
We will get their best shot right off the bat but if we come out strong the emotion will peel off quickly. Their defense will play hard.

basedog
11-24-2014, 12:28 PM
Hey, I think we win the game, I also think we are a much better team, what I'm saying being a rival game it can be close plus the Black Bears are much better at home.

I just don't see a blowout.

oldjoedawg
11-24-2014, 01:45 PM
We will get their best shot right off the bat but if we come out strong the emotion will peel off quickly. Their defense will play hard.

Think it was the 2011 game...raining like crazy and the big Lawrence brother lineman made the statement before the game that if we (MSU) come out and punch them in the mouth right off the bat, that tsun would fold....the TV announcers were questioning the wisdom of him saying that, but that is exactly what happened....tv folks were saying since it was Nutt's last game that they would play hard for him...truth is they hardly played,,,, lol

maroonmania
11-24-2014, 02:45 PM
Look, we all know the "LSU is our real rival" thing has only surfaced as a response to have an excuse for why we are kicking their a$$ every year lately. Per their theory, its only because we want it more than they do, not because they are not still superior.

BulldogBear
11-24-2014, 02:48 PM
Freeze said the Golden Egg Trophy was the UofM's most prized posession.

#notourrealrival

quickstrike2
11-24-2014, 02:56 PM
We will get there best shot no doubt. They will be ready for this game, and their defense is no joke. Should be a close game.

Percho
11-24-2014, 03:19 PM
Not trying to discredit your post, but if you've been watching state that long you should notice how different this current team is compared to just about very other state team in history. They are on a mission and will steam roll OM Saturday. Hell we lost turnover battle by 3 at Bama and still had a chance to win. This team will glue Bucky to the hot seat this weekend. You can book that. We are out for blood this year and will win it all if the committee keeps us in the playoff.

If I were the DC the reb's better score on the first play because that would be the play I bring n i n e.